Wiki Posts
Search

Residence Inn Newport RI: Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Residence Inn Newport RI: Review

Stayed here in a 1BR suite for 5 nights in April 2011. Great hotel, spacious, clean, comfy rooms. Bedroom in suite is separated wih a door, and suite has a full kitchen with a living area and a full-sized foldout sofa. Sleeps 4 with no issues at all. Free breakfast and internet for everyone, free dinner 4 nights/week. Really nice lobby / dining area and little bar area as well as a great indoor pool / hot tub and a surprisingly well-fitted-out exercise room. Coin laundry facility onsite (a tad expensive at $6/load all in, but no big deal really...). Staff was really friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure everything was fine.

At one point, my 18yo daughter lodged a complaint about something trivial on the Marriot website (teenagers. meh.), and the manager contacted me next day to make sure everything was good-to-go. Great response.

The only downside - and it is indeed quite small - is the location, which is behind a HoJo and a few miles from downtown Newport RI. That said, Newport isn't really the kind of place you can enjoy without a car, so you most likely have one, and unless you're just a glutton for punishment (partiers and noise), you don't wanna be staying downtown anyway. Thames street is a 5 minute drive away, as are the beaches and stately homes.

All in all, a great place to stay, and only $100 / night (military rate). Well done, Marriott!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the review! Love Newport RI.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.