Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travecard from Discover America now available on April 11th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Travecard from Discover America now available on April 11th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bestbet33
Anyone else having issues? I'm trying to purchase the $1k card it keeps on saying the item is in someone elses cart and to try again later.
Try the $500 ones and below instead. They were available and you can multiple ones.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Guava
Try the $500 ones and below instead. They were available and you can multiple ones.
Done. Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: free agent
confirmation email includes the terms and conditions. those do not state that you don't receive points...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
I went back in twice and bought a $250 and a $100 in addition to my earlier $500. Now my entire expected bill for an upcoming 3-night stay is covered.

I noticed the $50 and $1000 cards are now sold-out.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:11 am

Exclamation

$100 cards now sold-out also.

That leaves the $250 and $500 cards still available.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:13 am

$500 card now gone.

Git yer $250's while you can!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by pareto
confirmation email includes the terms and conditions. those do not state that you don't receive points...
Check this out: http://www.marriott.com/incentives/t...rTermsID=11695

You might be lucky if they credit you MR points, but don't count on the points.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I was working on my "honey do" list this AM, so I'm a little late to the party. (You've gotta have your priorities straight, you know: wife comes before FlyerTalk.)

The $250 certificates are still available as of this writing. I purchased 2 and used my AmEx card for a total of $399.60.

Even if I don't get any Marriott points when I use these, I think it's still a good deal. I saved just over $100. I value Marriott points at approximately 1 cent per point, so 500 points is only worth about $5 to me. Even if I were able to spend $500 at Marriott and get double or triple points, I'd much rather save the $100.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I was working on my "honey do" list this AM, so I'm a little late to the party. (You've gotta have your priorities straight, you know: wife comes before FlyerTalk.)

The $250 certificates are still available as of this writing. I purchased 2 and used my AmEx card for a total of $399.60.

Even if I don't get any Marriott points when I use these, I think it's still a good deal. I saved just over $100. I value Marriott points at approximately 1 cent per point, so 500 points is only worth about $5 to me. Even if I were able to spend $500 at Marriott and get double or triple points, I'd much rather save the $100.
$500 bill would be 5000 points before bonus for status (20% to 50%)

Still $100 is $100.

$250 are still there.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Check this out: http://www.marriott.com/incentives/t...rTermsID=11695

You might be lucky if they credit you MR points, but don't count on the points.
I just got some TravelCards through ThankYou rewards and the back of the card itself doesn't say that you don't get MR points. The other T&C do seem to match the link that was posted above.

In any case, I guess this is YMMV. I'm planning to use these for a stay this weekend so I guess I'll know for sure soon enough.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:54 pm

$250 cards still available, 3 hours after the sale started. Why is there less demand for these?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:58 pm

All sold out now!!!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
The T&C mention nothing regarding points.

Marriott TravelCards may be used at all JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Edition Hotels™, Autograph CollectionSM, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard® by Marriott, Fairfield Inn® & Suites, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, and Marriott Vacation Club®(rentals only), and participating hotel retail, spa, golf, or food and beverage outlets.
Card is a pre-paid card, not a credit card, and is property of and issued by MI Fulfillment Services, LLC. Protect card like cash.
Card cannot be applied to group, special corporate/negotiated, catering, associate, or other discounted/non-commissionable rates.
Card cannot be used when reservation is booked by a travel agent or other third party.
Card cannot be used to secure a reservation.
Card is not redeemable for cash and change will not be returned except as required by law. Change is not provided by hotels. See pre-paid card terms and conditions for process.
There are no blackout dates on TravelCards.
Card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
Marriott TravelCard and Marriott GiftCard terms vary.
Card becomes inactive at the earlier of (a) the use of all value or (b) posted renewal date. (If your card is not used before the posted renewal date, then Marriott will replace the card for free.)
Upon request Marriott will replace card with a new card having an equivalent remaining value anytime after the posted renewal date.
Each transaction will be debited against card balance; if transaction exceeds balance, user must pay the difference.
To check card balance visit gifts.marriott.com or call 1-800-442-6132. For balance information outside the U.S. and Canada use the AT&T Direct® access number for the country you are calling from with 1-800-442-6132.
Use of card confirms acceptance of terms above.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:47 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Originally Posted by Guava

Thanks OP for the link, I was able to snatch $2000 worth of these 20% off GC for an upcoming stay. ^ But I wouldn't buy a ton of this because I think Marriott will run some better promos, similar to the honeymoon registry last year.
What was the honeymoon registry? I guess I've been married so long I didn't even pay attention to that.

Edited to add that I did a search and found the link to Marriotts site. I assume this is the honeymoon registry promo that was referred to above:
https://www.marriottregistry.com/learn_more.aspx

Last edited by LKO; Apr 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LKO
What was the honeymoon registry? I guess I've been married so long I didn't even pay attention to that.

Edited to add that I did a search and found the link to Marriotts site. I assume this is the honeymoon registry promo that was referred to above:
https://www.marriottregistry.com/learn_more.aspx
- $100 credit per every $1000 purchased
- Can use MR VISA for 5 pts per dollar
- 10 bonus MR points per dollar spent

The promo has long ended, you should search relevant threads here from last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.