Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marco Island Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Marco Island Marriott

Heading here over the July 4th weekend. I am a gold member. What are my chances of getting an upgrade. Is it best to try and arrange in advance.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
First, welcome to FT!

In the comments section of your reservation, I'd write request upgrade if available. As your trip gets close (ie, the week of), you should receive an email from the virtual concierge I think, at which point you can request it again. And if it's really important or a special occasion you can call or fax the hotel w/ the request; again, I'd do it closer to the actual date.

Also, you might want to check the website to see room types so you're familiar with possible upgrade possibilities. Remember, suites are not a published benefit.

Since it's a weekend, if there's an executive lounge it will probably be closed. You may or may not receive breakfast coupons. They're not required to provide them on the weekend, although some properties do so.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since it's a weekend, if there's an executive lounge it will probably be closed. You may or may not receive breakfast coupons. They're not required to provide them on the weekend, although some properties do so.

Cheers.
Marco is a resort...no lounge (it's a awesome resort IMO)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
Such a fantastic property - in my top 3!!!

If there is something available, you may have to wait until check in, but definitely inquire there as well. You might have to pay extra, but I promise that whatever they offer you will be worth it! We were able to upgrade to a lanai suite last trip, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

It's a beautiful place with a wonderful staff. I wrote the GM before we checked out to make sure he knew that.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:24 pm

They used to be VERY liberal with upgrades - as a Silver, I was consistently upgraded year after year to a gulf-front corner room. Last time I was there though, they seem to have tightened things down quite a bit. It is a beautiful property though and my favorite Marriott thus far (though I'm hoping that might change when I finally get to experience the FT Famous JW Phuket in 2 weeks!!!).

Even if you can't get a suite, the gulf-front corner rooms have a spectacular view of the gulf at sunset. I can't remember which tower is the more recently renovated...I want to say South?!

If you want a more private and undisturbed view, I'd suggest a North facing North Tower Corner. This will give you the best view of sunset, and no view of the pool. If you want to see a bit more of the resort action, a north facing South Tower corner room might be more your taste.

Of course, both these suggestions assume you aren't able to get a lanai

Other notes on the property- The Spa is AWESOME, and Kurrents if fantastic.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.