Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received cashback from BigCrumbs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received cashback from BigCrumbs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
did anyone actually get cash back without fighting for it?
Regularly, yes.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mooper
Regularly, yes.
+1
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
did anyone actually get cash back without fighting for it?
Not me. I managed to get some for a GC and for 2 stays I made in Jan 2011. After that I started purchasing GCs from ShopAtHome and that would usually post automatically and also made the corresponding stay reservation through BigCrumbs. None of the stays posted and I was too busy to follow up for each of them.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Not me. I managed to get some for a GC and for 2 stays I made in Jan 2011. After that I started purchasing GCs from ShopAtHome and that would usually post automatically and also made the corresponding stay reservation through BigCrumbs. None of the stays posted and I was too busy to follow up for each of them.
If you take a couple minutes to document when you transact, it doesn't take more than another couple of minutes to follow up if needed. If you send them your cookie tracking info (it will show up in your account log) and the purchase details (screen shot ideal), you'll get credit if you qualified. Of course, if Marriott made a change to the reservation, if your stay wasn't stackable with cash back, if you lost or invalidated your cookie in process, or if Marriott failed to report to and pay BigCrumbs, then it wouldn't matter who was handling the cash back - it wouldn't post - but if everything is in order, 4-5 minutes of your time should handle all.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Big Crumbs Stackable?

Not sure to post here or with gift card forum. But if I purchase MR gift cards via Big Crumb and then book a room via Big Crumbs (and pay upon checkout with the gift cards) will I get both 4% for purchasing the gift cards and 4% for the room stay?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
Not sure to post here or with gift card forum. But if I purchase MR gift cards via Big Crumb and then book a room via Big Crumbs (and pay upon checkout with the gift cards) will I get both 4% for purchasing the gift cards and 4% for the room stay?
I believe so, it doesn't matter how you pay as long as they don't alter the reservation (or create a new one on you) in a way that dissociates it from BC. You should be able to extend, shorten, etc. without losing your kickback.

I've gotten over $250 from Marriott for stays I booked via BC since mid-August.

If you pay with a Business Amex, you'll get 5% to your Amex bill (done it).
If you pay with a Marriott Visa, you'll get all your points for using the card at the hotel.

Last edited by jgottlieb; Jan 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:56 pm

I'll add another data point.

I burned 270,000 Marriott reward points for 2 packs of $1000 (20*2@$50 = $2000) Marriott gift certificates. Because the room rate for the Courtyard @ Marriott Village in Orlando can include Disney Tickets, I'm paying for the tickets and the room for points (2 adult/2 child).

For a 7-night stay, my total bill came to $1792 (not all the days were @ Disney). Again, this was paid with the gift certificates.

On 11/3, I booked the room by first going to BC and creating the reservation. Because I could not book with the Disney package (I'll get to that) directly, I booked a straight 3-day stay.

I called the hotel and they told me the week we wanted to go (between Christmas and New Years) was blacked out for the tickets package. I asked if they would make an exception, and they did (we were originally going to go Thanksgiving week when the package was available).

Plans changed and we wanted to do 4 days on the park. So I booked an additional night (going through BC, first) wanting to make sure I had the room. I called the hotel and they extended the first reservation. As time rolled on, we wanted to extend our vacation a bit more (we weren't going to the Palm Beach area as originally planned), but we didn't need park tickets, we though 4 days was enough.

So I booked individual reservations for the 24th, the 25th, and the 30th (26-30 were all set with Disney tickets). We weren't sure we were going to stay on the 30th ($219 that night), so I used a free night on the 25th (certificate from getting my Marriott Rewards Premier Visa) which was originally $79. The 24th was booked with a different package to give us a $25 credit for the market and stuff.

The front desk manager was extremely helpful. When we arrived he told me that if we wanted to stay the night of the 30th, he could move our free night to that night (saving us a chunk 'o change). We decided to do it. All the reservations were linked together. In fact, I thought he had to redo everything, so I wasn't expecting the Big Crumb email I got today.

Oh yeah, 6 nights (not the one we used the free night cert for) counted toward MegaBonus since I guaranteed with my Visa and had intended to pay anything over a $50 threshold point ($1750, $1800, $1850, etc.) with that card, so I'm ensured getting my 50,000 points on top of that.

Note that I actually did not pay any cash out (we had some problems, got a night credited and ended our stay with a negative balance-we're getting that back as a Marriott gift card).

I looked to see what BC reservation was being paid out. The emails are notorious for not saying what you're getting or for what purchase.

Crumb received: $71.68.

I think that worked out well, yes?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:59 pm

big cumbs is the worst.

Here is a real review.

<rant>
For starters:
Most reviews you will see online about bigcrumbs cannot be trusted if they have a link in their review to bigcrumbs with their referral code, they are writing a spoof review in order to get you to signup under them so that they get a small fee for every order you place.

I just want to share my personal experience with bigcrumbs.

I have been using Fatwallet, ebates and mrrebates for a while and never had a problem with this, combined between the 3 sites I earned over $1000 in cash back over 2-3 years.

A friend sent me a referral to big crumbs I made an account, checked it out and was not so thrilled as it didnt seem as big as the other sites. I only used bigcrumbs for stores where they gave a higer cashback rate.

Recently I was placing alot of orders by one merchant, and bigcrumbs was giving the highest rate so I placed all my orders thru them. I told a friend about bigcrumbs as he too was ordering from the same store, but he told me that a buddy of his had a big crumbs account but they never gave him the money, they scammed him. I shrugged this off, I had no problems with Fatwallet or mrebates so I figured that he probably didnt click the links correctly..

Fast forward a few weeks, the rebate amounts for my orders show up in my history and I await payment. I log back in a few days later and I see that all my purchases from that merchant are not showing anymore in my cashback total. after scouring the entire site I finally found the hidden contact us form and sent them a message.

They responded that I had multiple accounts and that is against the rules and therefore I forfeit all earned cashback. and they list a few usernames that they claim to be mine. i only have 1 account and dont know those usernames. they are most probably people i refereed or 2nd level refferals. The only thing i can think of is that they somehow pulled up an account from a relative of mine with the same last name. but it makes no difference as they are not my account nor is it my address or family.

I always wondered how they gave more cashback than others, a store like apple gives a max of 2% cashback to their affiliates, bigcrumbs was offering a number very close to that, so how do they make money? the answer is that they randomly choose ac....s to raid funds from and that helps them make money. if they seize 30 accounts a month with an avarge of $100 cashback, that is $3000 free and clear. more than enough for their hosting bill...

IN SHORT STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM. YOU MAY BE LUCKY AND GET $5-$10 FROM THEM, BUT YOU ALWAYS RISK THE CHANCE OF THEM STEALING YOUR MONEY.

DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP OF THOSE WHO EARNED $11000 WITH BIGCRUMBS, there are a max of 30 people who made anything near that, and that is only because they spam sites like these with their referral links.. </rant>
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mooper
If you take a couple minutes to document when you transact, it doesn't take more than another couple of minutes to follow up if needed. If you send them your cookie tracking info (it will show up in your account log) and the purchase details (screen shot ideal), you'll get credit if you qualified. Of course, if Marriott made a change to the reservation, if your stay wasn't stackable with cash back, if you lost or invalidated your cookie in process, or if Marriott failed to report to and pay BigCrumbs, then it wouldn't matter who was handling the cash back - it wouldn't post - but if everything is in order, 4-5 minutes of your time should handle all.
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I have used BigCrumbs and I have received cashback from them automatically for purchases on drugstore.com and for Amex Giftcards, but Marriott has been a different beast.

They usually have a slim window of applying for cashback which is within 60 days of purchase. The date is tracked with the tracking number and would be the date I made the reservation, but not when I actually stayed. Usually that is very close or after the 60 day point. I once sent them an email but got the standard reply to open a ticket, etc. All of that was too much aggravation for me and since I was anyway getting 4% on the giftcard purchase automatically from ShopAtHome + $50 Hertz voucher for each $250 in Marriott Giftcard, I didnt bother. Making approx $240 for each $1000 in Marriott purchases + points was more than enough for me.

Unfortunately, my firm is now rolling out Amex Corporate Cards that automatically flow the expenses to the Time + Expense system and hence usage of personal cards is being strongly discouraged. Quite a bummer.

Maybe its time to float the resume again!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Unfortunately, my firm is now rolling out Amex Corporate Cards that automatically flow the expenses to the Time + Expense system and hence usage of personal cards is being strongly discouraged. Quite a bummer.
Just save some amount for your company credit card and don't pay in full with gift cards.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:37 pm

For the record:

Despite what shozosh says, my info above is legit. It's an actual datapoint for my stay at the Courtyard at Marriott Village in Orlando the week between Xmas and New Years.

Yes, I have a referral link in my .sig. No I don't push it on people here on Flyertalk. And yes, there are a number of other people (with more than one post to their name) that have referral links in their .sig's as well (be they to Big Crumbs or other sites).

I can't speak to other people's experiences, but mine has been overly positive. BC has been responsive to my questions and to my "where's my credit" inquiries.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jgottlieb
For the record:

Despite what shozosh says, my info above is legit. It's an actual datapoint for my stay at the Courtyard at Marriott Village in Orlando the week between Xmas and New Years.

Yes, I have a referral link in my .sig. No I don't push it on people here on Flyertalk. And yes, there are a number of other people (with more than one post to their name) that have referral links in their .sig's as well (be they to Big Crumbs or other sites).

I can't speak to other people's experiences, but mine has been overly positive. BC has been responsive to my questions and to my "where's my credit" inquiries.

+1
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heffa
Just save some amount for your company credit card and don't pay in full with gift cards.
How does that help? I'll only get reimbursed what I have paid on the Corp Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.