Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received cashback from BigCrumbs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received cashback from BigCrumbs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Bought a GC in November and December. Sent a followup Monday. Here is what I received:

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution to this matter.

We expect to hear from Marriott International-US soon and you will be notified as soon as we have received an update.

Regards,

Efia
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by mooper
On what basis? What if it was a failure of Marriott to report?

They can plead that as a defense, if they decide to show up. BC is responsible for ensuring that the rebate program works correctly, if Marriott is somehow at fault then BC can go after Marriott under their merchant agreement. My account is with BC, and the initial response suggests they don't get it.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Boraxo
They can plead that as a defense, if they decide to show up. BC is responsible for ensuring that the rebate program works correctly, if Marriott is somehow at fault then BC can go after Marriott under their merchant agreement. My account is with BC, and the initial response suggests they don't get it.
Good luck! You might refer to their Terms & Conditions, especially point #15. If Marriott didn't pay them, your beef is with Marriott and BC has absolutely no obligation to fight on your behalf. If Marriott did pay them and BC is refusing to pass it on despite your compliance with other rules, then you'd have a case with BC.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I got cashback for my two purchases but took a while and they had to "investigate" first
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
I got cashback for my two purchases but took a while and they had to "investigate" first
What do you mean by "investigate"? Did they investigate, or did they do something differently?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good luck! You might refer to their Terms & Conditions, especially point #15. If Marriott didn't pay them, your beef is with Marriott and BC has absolutely no obligation to fight on your behalf. If Marriott did pay them and BC is refusing to pass it on despite your compliance with other rules, then you'd have a case with BC.
They can certainly raise that as a defense, but they'll have to send an employee to court to do that. And of course if we go class action that means massive legal bills even to file a motion to dismiss. Usually it is cheaper just to pay up.

However happy to report that much to my amazement I recently got a nice paypal deposit for a purchase made through another bigcrumbs merchant. So apparently the problem is only with Marriott purchases. Of course bigcrumbs still has an obligation to follow up, and failure to pay up is the equivalent of bait and switch, or as we like to say in California, a violation of Sec. 17200.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:16 am

They can certainly raise that as a defense, but they'll have to send an employee to court to do that. And of course if we go class action that means massive legal bills even to file a motion to dismiss. Usually it is cheaper just to pay up.

However happy to report that much to my amazement I recently got a nice paypal deposit for a purchase made through another bigcrumbs merchant. So apparently the problem is only with Marriott purchases. Of course bigcrumbs still has an obligation to follow up, and failure to pay up is the equivalent of bait and switch, or as we like to say in California, a violation of Sec. 17200.
There's nothing for them to defend against, as they don't promise to pay you something they never received. It's right there in the terms and conditions. Non-starter. Your points would be valid if they weren't adhering to what they promised/advertised (for example, to pay you a part of the commissions they receive, then not doing so).
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's nothing for them to defend against, as they don't promise to pay you something they never received. It's right there in the terms and conditions. Non-starter. Your points would be valid if they weren't adhering to what they promised/advertised (for example, to pay you a part of the commissions they receive, then not doing so).
I hope they follow your advice. Default judgment, then I seize their paypal account.

When you open for business, you don't just sign up customers and expect the money to roll in. You have customer service obligations. As any savvy lawyer will tell you, self-serving T&Cs don't always provide legal cover.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:44 am

When you open for business, you don't just sign up customers and expect the money to roll in. You have customer service obligations. As any savvy lawyer will tell you, self-serving T&Cs don't always provide legal cover.
Correct - they don't - but BigCrumbs' business model is clearly presented as a forwarding of commissions. When the commissions aren't there, there's nothing to pass on. There isn't a need to rely on the T&Cs, as the face of the business model speaks for itself.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Bought a GC in November and December. Sent a followup Monday. Here is what I received:

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution to this matter.

We expect to hear from Marriott International-US soon and you will be notified as soon as we have received an update.

Regards,

Efia

Don't give up hope. I bought GCs in December, sent a credit request after the waiting period, finally got full credit (and payment!) last week.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:24 am

All three of my December purchases was credited this past week and funds deposited into my account.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
December 14th purchase was finally credited today after much nagging. Wow, that took a while.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:03 pm

$100 came through today for the $2,500 gift card I bought in early December. Also another Marriott purchase from February came through today. Wooooo whoooooo!!!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Is followup required on all Marriott cashback through big crumbs.
I just used them for a weekend in July the 4% looked really attractive but I dont want to have to chase it down.
Also I used it for a JW will that qualify, the website said Marriott Intl and when I clicked the link and did my search it was preselected for Marriott brand only and not the other brands including JW.

Thanks

Last edited by stallion114; Jun 25, 2011 at 3:58 am
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
did anyone actually get cash back without fighting for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.