MIA Biscayne Bay

Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
MIA Biscayne Bay

I have been booked/upgraded to a 1br Jr. Suite at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on Sat. 4DEC.

Can anyone give me any idea of what to expect for this location? I know the Lounge is no access, since closed on weekends.

I do know there is construction is still going on at this location, so I am fine with that.

I did a search, but only came up with everything in MIA.

Thanks,
Jwhuffman
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:32 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I had a brief stay at this property last year. Don't remember anything too distinctively except the view from the lounge is spectacular (try to get a room facing the bay) and that they offered free parking as a platinum amenity, if desired.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:44 am

I stay there on a regular basis (when corporate hotel $ allows). I was there 2 weeks ago and the front desk said they would be opening the new lobby in a few days with the grand reopening in a couple of weeks.

I did a short timelapse from my room over the bay- you can see the video here http://vimeo.com/17082445 The view from the lounge is great!

There is an Italian restaurant (Primos) downstairs in the "mall" that has great food as well as Tony Chans Waterclub (great Chinese and sushi)
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for letting me know.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
This is a great property - I've been there 3 times in the past month. Right now, as noted, the lobby is closed which means the check-in process is a little convulted and parking is a pain. The property is very nice, rooms are nice, and the views are amazing if you're near the bay side rooms.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
Hello,

We stayed in a suite here and the views were amazing. We had floor to Ceiling windows all the way around the room with spectacular water views. I agree with the above posts in regards to check in which was a pain and the restaurants were set up in the ball room area which was a bit strange but once the hotel is complete it will be wonderful. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:59 pm

Does anyone know when construction will be completed?

Did you get a suite for being Platinum?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cardigans1
Does anyone know when construction will be completed?

Did you get a suite for being Platinum?
When I stayed in Dec...I emailed the GM and she was very nice....she gave me an upgrade to a 1 bedroom Jr. Suite, which had wonderful Bay views with floor to ceiling windows and a juliet balcony on one side.

Jwhuffman
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Any recent updates now that the renovation is complete? How do they treat Plat's nowadays?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:27 pm

it is done! I have been back once since completion and have been given jr suite as a Platinum. I almost always get a bay view. I am now staying at this hotel at least 5-6 times a year and have gotten to know the front desk a little. They have always been real friendly.

One thing I have not understood, is they still charge parking...I thought that was a plat. perk?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by Muerz
Any recent updates now that the renovation is complete? How do they treat Plat's nowadays?
I had a great stay back in late March. I very much enjoyed my time there and the renovations seemed to be complete. The hotel was quite busy (Ultra Music Festival weekend), but as a Gold I was still upgraded to a bay view room -- a nice view indeed.

The room seemed a little narrow, but everything from that to the lobby was quite stylish. The look is definitely more "Miami" than "Marriott" (which is a plus in my book).

The front desk and restaurant staff were all pleasantly friendly too. I look forward to staying there again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.