Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

AmEx - 3rd weekend nite free - apparenly no hotels participate!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

I received an offer from AmEx - essentially when you book and pay for a 2 consecutive night stay Thurs-Sun, you'll get the 3rd night free (reward codew RR2)

The problem is I tried booking the Renaissance NY Times Square, and no matter what dates I entered, I got a message stating that that rate wasnt available at that location

So I tried Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, and Birmingham - and the message was the same

Is this a bogus offer - am I doing something wrong>???
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Are the T&C's online somewhere ? What is the expiration date ? Any particular brands mentioned?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Terms and Conditions are posted. Nothing unusual. JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, and Courtyard by Marriott seem to be participating brands!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Offer not valid at hotels within the continental United States and Canada. Offer valid for stays September 6, 2010 - January 30, 2011 booked between September 6, 2010 and January 30, 2011

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/amx3for2.mi

Apparently open to all.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
T&C: International hotels only, not US hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well there's a first. Something that is open to international & not domestic. Calling our int'l FTers who use Amex! Although the Canadians might feel like stepchildren given they're int'l & yet are excluded from the offer.

BTW - just a thought. It says continental US is excluded - so does that the offer will work in Hawaii & Alaska? Given how many FTers go to Hawaii, that might be a nice loophole if it works.

"Explore countries from the Caribbean to China. Available from September 6, 2010 to January 30, 2011 at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts and Courtyard® by Marriott Hotels throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.

Book your weekend vacation getaway. Reserve now or call 1 888 236-2427 within the United States and mention promotional code RR2. See complete Terms & Conditions below for restrictions.

Terms & Conditions

Offer valid at participating international Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels and Courtyard Hotels. Offer not valid at hotels within the continental United States and Canada. Offer valid for stays September 6, 2010 - January 30, 2011 booked between September 6, 2010 and January 30, 2011. Must quote and book promotional code RR2 and pay with any valid American Express Card to receive this offer. One free night per room per stay. Offer valid Thursday through Sunday, with a minimum of three consecutive nights stay required which includes a Friday or Saturday night stay over. Day of week availability may vary based on location. For the Middle East, offer valid Wednesday through Sunday with a minimum of three consecutive nights stay required which includes a Thursday or Friday night stay over. Credit for third night will be applied to guest folio at check-in. Credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Offer valid for room rate and tax only. Additional fees may apply. Limited number of rooms available; blackout dates and other restrictions apply. Stays booked under this promotion are not combinable with any other discounts or promotional offers. Commission paid on the two paid nights and not on free night. Availability, restrictions and stay requirements at resort locations may vary. Void where prohibited. 2010 Marriott International."

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. I couldnt believe it when I saw that. It is in the T&C's, but its not really apparent from the advertisement (it does say international, but you dont get that impression at all at first glance).

I should take a photo and you be the judge (kidding.... ok maybe not...)

Even the reservations agent didnt point that out to me (I dont think she realized it either).

She actually searched all NYC properties, and found one hotel she "said" the offer was good for (Marquis NY), but it wasnt the one I was interested in, and when I went online, I couldnt apply the promo code for that property anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.