Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximum length stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Majuki
I stayed at a TownePlace Suites for 100 days each two summers. There wasn't sales tax charged, and they would charge the credit card after a certain dollar amount or time period. It worked out to be about every 7 days.
some states say after a threshold is reached each day you're a guest AFTER the threshold has been reached is tax exempt, other states say once the threshold is reached ALL nights leading up to, including and after the threshold are tax exempt....others (Mich comes to mind) say if any tax has been incorrectly collected only the STATE may issue the refund....and as noted earlier several states moved to increase the number of days to reach the threshold in the past few years to lower the amount of guests reaching the threshold....oh and my favorite some states say just being registered isn't enough, you must be in the same room for all of the nights and can not move regardless of reason (always fun when a mechnical issue arises)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:01 pm

quite a bump here...but does anyone have any insight on current rules? thx
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
quite a bump here...but does anyone have any insight on current rules? thx
You need to be a bit more specific here, are you talking about program credit or taxes? If taxes then location will make a significant difference.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
You need to be a bit more specific here, are you talking about program credit or taxes? If taxes then location will make a significant difference.
true, was confusing. I meant in regards to duration, is there a maximum time one can stay at a single hotel and collect points? Namely at a Ritz carlton? Thx
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
How long are you looking to stay? I know the SPG 90-day rule went away quite some time ago. I don't believe there was a replacement.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Legit question - is there any restriction as long as your MAR # is in the reservation?

Most hotels pre-settle (aka, charge the credit card once/week) for longer stays & at the 30-day mark taxes get rebated, but AFAIK MAR members still accumulate points for long stays for the entire duration of the stay.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.