Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Non-Stay Rewards Points & Airline Miles Posting if Choice is Mileage Earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Stay Rewards Points & Airline Miles Posting if Choice is Mileage Earning

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Question Non-Stay Rewards Points & Airline Miles Posting if Choice is Mileage Earning

I'm sure some of you have experience with this if Marriott Concierge doesn't see this:

Since I'll need to have at least 3 stays in May at Marriotts that won't earn many Marriott points, I elected to go for the Delta Skymiles offer (I do still value the 5k Skymiles more than the much smaller amount of Marriott Rewards points that I would earn from these stays.) Since I changed my preference to Skymiles as a preferred partner:

1. None of my non-hotel stay Marriott rewards earnings have posted. These will still show up if my earnings preference is miles for hotel stays, correct? (I guess I shouldn't panic yet, it's been only 4 days since this non-hotel stay activity occurred.)
2. I do not see where the airline miles are suppose to post on Marriott.com . Will I see it under hotel stays the same way I see MR points show up? (I haven't earned miles with Marriott for years so am not sure how this shows up.)

I plan to go back to Marriott Rewards points earnings for hotel stays before the summer bonus period starts in June.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I'm sure some of you have experience with this if Marriott Concierge doesn't see this:

Since I'll need to have at least 3 stays in May at Marriotts that won't earn many Marriott points, I elected to go for the Delta Skymiles offer (I do still value the 5k Skymiles more than the much smaller amount of Marriott Rewards points that I would earn from these stays.) Since I changed my preference to Skymiles as a preferred partner:

1. None of my non-hotel stay Marriott rewards earnings have posted. These will still show up if my earnings preference is miles for hotel stays, correct? (I guess I shouldn't panic yet, it's been only 4 days since this non-hotel stay activity occurred.)
2. I do not see where the airline miles are suppose to post on Marriott.com . Will I see it under hotel stays the same way I see MR points show up? (I haven't earned miles with Marriott for years so am not sure how this shows up.)

I plan to go back to Marriott Rewards points earnings for hotel stays before the summer bonus period starts in June.
I can't help with #1 but #2 should be showing up where your points earnings normally show up on your Marriott Rewards page. Instead of points it should say how many Delta Skymiles you have earned.
Old May 11, 2010, 2:17 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello Grizshel,

Just to clarify you are saying that your stay has not posted since you switched earning preferences?

Your Marriott Stay should post just as it always has. The point balance on your account will not change, due to the miles being sent directly to the partner.

You should be able to view the miles sent to the partner online when viewing your stay credit.

Please send me a message with your account number and details of the stay, and will look into why the stay credit hasn't posted.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old May 12, 2010, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Hi Marie,
I am still waiting for both a recent hotel stay and gift card / credit card points to show up. If all of it doesn't show up this week I'll shoot you a PM.

I'm just not used to switching between earning points and airline miles for hotel stays, hence the uncertainty on my part. There's no problem with doing this other than (I assume), for this summer's bonus points offer, one has to reestablish the Marriott Rewards points earning preference on their account before the June 30 deadline - correct?
Old May 12, 2010, 12:18 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Yes make sure you switch your earning preference back for any stays you would like to post as points and want recognized under the summer promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.