Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
MA, NY, TX, Seoul Korea

Hello Sharon,

I usually don't post because I see a lot of DYKWIA on the different boards. I must say that the majority of Flyertalkers are nice and very helpful.

I had to post because this is exactly what I am looking for and I also have a contribution to the topic. I just started staying at Marriott this year after I learned from this site about the Status Challenges and Matches. I try to stay with Hilton on the weekends because they include breakfast.

I got a Gold challenge after showing Marriott that I stayed at Hilton over 190 nights. Of course someone will have spent more than that but I didn’t just stay with Hilton.

I’d like to thank everyone for their contributions that helped me and here’s mine.

Ron

Massachusetts
1) Quincy/MA/USA/Boston Marriott Quincy
2) Closed
3) Coupons ^
4) No access
5) One Terminal/didn’t bring a laptop to lounge.
6) 4/30/10

New York
1) West Harrison/US/New York/Renaissance Westchester Hotel
2) Closed
3) No Coupons
4) No Access
5) I don't know about terminal, no access.
6) 4/26/10

Texas
1) San Antonio/TX/USA/San Antonio Marriott Northwest
2) Closed
3) No Coupons when I stayed 3/10/10 but called to double check and as of today 1 May 2010 they have coupons for Gold and Platinum members. ^
4) No Access
5) No Terminals/didn’t bring a laptop to lounge but saw others using laptops.
6) 5/1/10

Korea
1) Seoul/Korea/Courtyard Seoul Times Square (^^Great new hotel!!!)
2) Open ^
3) N/A
4) N/A
5) Terminals/I didn’t bring Laptop to lounge.
6) 3/26/10

Funny how its the Courtyard with the open lounge.
Old May 1, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VA1379
I ended up missing my flight yesterday and took the redeye back to the East Coast.

Here is the info I have:

1. Fullerton, CA - Marriott
2. Closed
3. Free breakfast - no paper coupons, they take it off based on your elite status. Also, this property will let you go downstairs to get a free omelette made on weekdays when the lounge is open. I assume you have to pay a tip, but this is still pretty nice.
4. No weekend access when lounge is closed
5. None that I'm aware of, but platinum and gold members get an access code from the front desk for free internet. Note this property does not have free roaming with Boingo or other third party internet providers.
6. February 2010
My March, 2010 Marriott Fullerton experience was slightly different as I (a Gold) was given a paper chit for the weekend breakfast downstairs.

Thanks for all the hard work, Sharon
Old May 1, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
No coupons for Plat at Cambridge (MA) Marriott

Stayed at Cambridge (MA) Marriott last weekend. As Post #1 says, the lounge is closed over the weekend. However, when we asked, we were told that Plats (my husband) do not get any coupons for breakfast. Not sure what the source is for the contrary info in post #1, but it seems to be out of date.

The list is a great service by the way.
Old May 1, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
On the list you have so graciously compiled (thanks for all of the hard work you have done and have volunteered to do going forward), you have the following listed for Hawaii:

Hawaii

Honolulu-Oahu / Marriott Resort & Spa / NO LOUNGE (NO COUPONS)
Waikoloa-Hawaii / Marriott Resort & Spa / NO LOUNGE

On Oahu, there are two Marriott Resort & Spa locations:

1. Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
2. JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina

Is the "Honolulu-Oahu" on the list Waikiki or Ihilani?

I have not stayed at Waikiki, but I have stayed at Ihilani (one of my favorite hotels/resorts in the chain). At Ihilani there is no CL, however, I was given breakfast coupons at check in for the wonderful buffet, which is outdoors (undercover), poolside, overlooking the ocean. I stayed there for three days, and was given coupons for two of the three days for two people, and when I later inquired about the third day, they just comped it. I do not know whether it is policy for them to provide coupons or not, but for Plats they seem to be very willing to do so, whether it is policy or not. So the entry for Ihilani might be COUPONS - Plats (maybe), verified as of February 2008.

1) JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina (truly fantastic resort and spa)
2) No CL
3) Breakfast Coupons for Plats, unofficially, ask nicely
4) No CL
5) Free Wi Fi (with roaming code from in room logon, or from FD) poolside and in lobby
6) 2/1/2008

Last edited by USirritated; May 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm Reason: added chart at bottom
Old May 2, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by USirritated
Is the "Honolulu-Oahu" on the list Waikiki or Ihilani?
Marriott not JW Marriott, so I would assume Waikiki.

I would also think JW Ihilani would be prefixed by "Ko Olina-Oahu" since it is not in the City of Honolulu.

I stayed there for three days, and was given coupons for two of the three days for two people, and when I later inquired about the third day, they just comped it. I do not know whether it is policy for them to provide coupons or not, but for Plats they seem to be very willing to do so, whether it is policy or not. So the entry for Ihilani might be COUPONS - Plats (maybe), verified as of February 2008.
Are you sure you didn't have a rate that may have included breakfast?

Having stayed at JW Ihilani 7 times as Plat (2002-2007) I have never been comped breakfast. IME as policy they do not comp breakfast to Plats. Unless they have changed policy in the last couple years, but you did say February 2008, and my last stay was May 2007 which is not that far off.

Sharon probably needs more data points from folks who have stayed more recently than you or me in order to accurately reflect policy.

BTW, I do love the JW Ihilani but starting in 2008 I had 3 different sets of friends scattered across Oahu, and the Waikiki locations work much better. I did the Marriott once and Courtyard twice.

Marriott was better than I expected but a little overkill for my friend visiting purposes. I went to the pool for about a hour, and had one massage in the Spa. Other than that I was rarely at the hotel.

Courtyard is good for me since I am visiting friends, but I would not recommend it for those who want the beach resort experience as it is about 3 blocks from the beach and their pool is small and shaded. No Spa at the CY either. Both were good for walking around Waikiki.
Old May 2, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
THERE IS ONLY ONE RULE: This thread is for listing the status of lounges only. It is NOT, I repeat NOT, a thread to discuss cutbacks/what you would like to see in lounges, upgrades, etc, etc. If you sidetrack the thread w/ those types of comments, I will ask bdschobel to move your post to the threads that already exist regarding those topics. Thanks for understanding.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Missouri

Kansas City / Marriott Kansas City Airport / CLOSED
Old May 2, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Australia
Sydney / Sydney Marriott / OPEN / 3/10

Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City / Renaissance Riverside / OPEN / 3/10
Old May 2, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur / JW Marriott / OPEN / 3/10
Old May 2, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Overland Park Marriott

As of 2/26/10
Overland Park Marriott
Closed
No coupons, but offered 2 for Brk upgrade for $10.
Old May 2, 2010, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hi folks! I'll update today or tomorrow w/ the most recent data provided.

As ohmark reminds, this thread is only for updates & not cross-reference re: properties that don't have lounges such as CYs.

Re: Autograph. They'll be be added to the list when people actually post re: an Autograph - ie, if they have a lounge, are they closed on the weekend or not, which is the purpose of this thread.

My guess is right now that most folk are staying at traditional FS, so those will be the bigger updates.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm
Old May 2, 2010, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Armani
As of 2/26/10
Overland Park Marriott
Closed
No coupons, but offered 2 for Brk upgrade for $10.
We stayed at the Overland Park Marriott in January and they gave us breakfast coupons. Maybe the person who checked us in was in a "giving" mood.
Old May 2, 2010, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, have updated the list. Have also noted where there might be conflicting info.

And this list is dependent upon you all & we also gain from it. So please review for accuracy & post updates, whether it's to a current or new property.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I wonder whether there is a difference between Golds and Plats for getting breakfast coupons at FS hotels where the lounges are closed weekends?

In other words, are there some hotels which give coupons to Plats, but not to Golds when their lounges are closed?
Old May 3, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
I wonder whether there is a difference between Golds and Plats for getting breakfast coupons at FS hotels where the lounges are closed weekends?

In other words, are there some hotels which give coupons to Plats, but not to Golds when their lounges are closed?
Good question. However, Sharon has asked that extraneous posts, even if related, not be included in this thread. Why not start a new thread as to this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.