FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends
Old May 2, 2010, 5:49 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by USirritated
Is the "Honolulu-Oahu" on the list Waikiki or Ihilani?
Marriott not JW Marriott, so I would assume Waikiki.

I would also think JW Ihilani would be prefixed by "Ko Olina-Oahu" since it is not in the City of Honolulu.

Originally Posted by USirritated
I stayed there for three days, and was given coupons for two of the three days for two people, and when I later inquired about the third day, they just comped it. I do not know whether it is policy for them to provide coupons or not, but for Plats they seem to be very willing to do so, whether it is policy or not. So the entry for Ihilani might be COUPONS - Plats (maybe), verified as of February 2008.
Are you sure you didn't have a rate that may have included breakfast?

Having stayed at JW Ihilani 7 times as Plat (2002-2007) I have never been comped breakfast. IME as policy they do not comp breakfast to Plats. Unless they have changed policy in the last couple years, but you did say February 2008, and my last stay was May 2007 which is not that far off.

Sharon probably needs more data points from folks who have stayed more recently than you or me in order to accurately reflect policy.

BTW, I do love the JW Ihilani but starting in 2008 I had 3 different sets of friends scattered across Oahu, and the Waikiki locations work much better. I did the Marriott once and Courtyard twice.

Marriott was better than I expected but a little overkill for my friend visiting purposes. I went to the pool for about a hour, and had one massage in the Spa. Other than that I was rarely at the hotel.

Courtyard is good for me since I am visiting friends, but I would not recommend it for those who want the beach resort experience as it is about 3 blocks from the beach and their pool is small and shaded. No Spa at the CY either. Both were good for walking around Waikiki.