Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

No More 12 months rolling nights from now on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold

Just confirmed with Marriott Rewards desk that from now on, The 12 month rolling window has been discontinued.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by So Pang
Just confirmed with Marriott Rewards desk that from now on, The 12 month rolling window has been discontinued.
Effective already? Or at the end of this year?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
bummer; i personally am a Jan-Dec qual guy but anything that reduces the options without replacement of another benefit is still a total bummer; you never know when you are going to need this
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Effective already? Or at the end of this year?
I got the reply saying effective today, but you know Marriott, if you call, they may have a different answer. It may take a long while until their new policy is being communicated from top to the bottom, especially this policy was never well-written in the Terms and Conditions in the first place.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
bummer; i personally am a Jan-Dec qual guy but anything that reduces the options without replacement of another benefit is still a total bummer; you never know when you are going to need this
I think that the rollover nights is the replacement benefit.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
I'm glad to trade rollover nights for the rolling window -- especially since the rollover nights count twice towards qualifying for lifetime elite status.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I'm not sure if rollover nights will stay past this year. There was nothing to suggest that it would last past 2010 (although maybe that is the long term plan). In any case, rollover nights help me more, and I will definitely hit lifetime platinum in 2014 (the earliest possible date) thanks to rollover nights and the reduction in points needed. I might hit 3 million lifetime points by 2014, but I know that I will blow past 2 million sometime in 2010-2011.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Permanent roll-over would be fantastic. If you stayed 125 nights last year as a plat, you only need 25 to make plat again (and if some of your nights last year were doubled you could have stayed less), and then if you stay 100 this year also, you are insta-plat next year and all of your nights are roll-over.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In general rollover benfits returning members, rolling nights benefits new members. I know which I prefer. :-)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Paging our Marriott Concierge...

I'd really like to confirm this change since I'm about to start a series of stays that would allow me to reach plat by May using the 12 month calendar for initial qualification. If that possibility is gone I'll need to re-think my planning.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
i'm confused then

are we talking rolling calendar.. ie.. qualify in a rolling 12 month window which is what I answered above or carry forward nights.. i.e.. nights > 75 count as elite qualifying nights the next year?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
i'm confused then

are we talking rolling calendar.. ie.. qualify in a rolling 12 month window which is what I answered above or carry forward nights.. i.e.. nights > 75 count as elite qualifying nights the next year?
We are talking about rolling calendar.. ie.. qualify in a rolling 12 month window

Thanks,
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
In general rollover benfits returning members, rolling nights benefits new members. I know which I prefer. :-)
Neither benefits Marriott. Delta recently added a new tier so that frequent fliers would have something to aim for after getting to 75k miles for the year, as opposed to switching airlines at that point to get status a second airline. Marriott seems to not have anywhere to go in this respect, as Plat is already harder to obtain than similar levels at other programs, and PP is already available beyond that. Maybe getting rid of rolling everything would actually get Marriott more nights in beds overall by not giving people an option that actually lets them stay a couple nights in 2010 and remain Plat through Feb 2012.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Car Rental Agnostic
I was curious about long tern roll over myself.

I hit 148 nights last year, so I have already cleared Plat for this year. I was wondering if I was already working on 2011 nights, or if I should take up staying at *wood or hiltons for a little while. I already stayed 5 or so nights in January, and having long cleared the last megabonus and the new one not having started yet I don't know what to.
What's everyone else's game plan?
I am a marriott guy, but the points don't seem to be going as far as they used to and other hotel's are adding all types of features and alot of Marriotts (all types, from FI to FS) still have tube TVs, limited channels, and have taken away liquid soap and conditioner.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by VA1379
I'm not sure if rollover nights will stay past this year. There was nothing to suggest that it would last past 2010 (although maybe that is the long term plan). In any case, rollover nights help me more, and I will definitely hit lifetime platinum in 2014 (the earliest possible date) thanks to rollover nights and the reduction in points needed. I might hit 3 million lifetime points by 2014, but I know that I will blow past 2 million sometime in 2010-2011.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...edemption.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.