Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
I had the 35+15 MB, met the nights and got the 50k points, I actually exceeded the nights but no extra 10k for me. I've been platinum for the last two years, I had 377 Elite Nights last year so 354 rolled over which makes me Plat for next year too
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
What is the official word on whether this promo is available for everyone? I'm PLAT and don't see it in my account nor does this link work -- I just get a "Promotion Unavailable" page:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...promotion=MS10
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:20 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
If you have a look through this thread it will describe all the offers...

2500 points per stay
5000 points every other stay
15000 points on x nights
20,000 points on Y nights

etc, etc...

Note some concentrate on STAYS, others NIGHTS.

Choose the one you prefer and ring the Plat line, they'll change the promo manually for you. The last time I did this the assistant just said she'd note my request and at the end of the Promo honour the points for the best offer on the nights I'd managed, which was done last week, good on yer Marriott ^
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
If you have a look through this thread it will describe all the offers...

2500 points per stay
5000 points every other stay
15000 points on x nights
20,000 points on Y nights

etc, etc...

Note some concentrate on STAYS, others NIGHTS.

Choose the one you prefer and ring the Plat line, they'll change the promo manually for you. The last time I did this the assistant just said she'd note my request and at the end of the Promo honour the points for the best offer on the nights I'd managed, which was done last week, good on yer Marriott ^
I haven't even signed up so I don't want to change. Just curious if this is available to all members -- and if so when it will be available online. I have some colleagues from work I'd like to tell about this as well, but calling in to sign up is a real pain...I may do it but they certainly won't so I'm curious when I can send them a link that I know will work.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
They definitely do it for Plats, at least on my experience, I seem to remember reading here that non plats didn't get much joy.

And yes, It does have to be done by phone and not online. Since these offers are targetted I cant see them ever offering the swap online...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello everyone:

Just to clarify, all point-earning members are eligible for the MegaBonus Promotion. If you're unable to register online, call Marriott Rewards and they'll get you enrolled.

Alexander
They definitely do it for Plats, at least on my experience, I seem to remember reading here that non plats didn't get much joy.

And yes, It does have to be done by phone and not online. Since these offers are targetted I cant see them ever offering the swap online...
OK, I'm not sure you're understanding my question. I'm not interested in changing...just signing up for whatever "form" of the promotion I am offered. Problem is that I am not seeing ANY promotion in my account and I haven't found a link that will allow me to sign up.

From reading the thread it looks like some other members have had this same problem.

I am curious if they are going to fix it before the promotion starts so I can sign up online.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
I got the same "unavailable" message trying to register online. I called MR and after several minutes the agent said check back tomorrow. There will be an update posted to my account tonight.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
The last time I did this the assistant just said she'd note my request and at the end of the Promo honour the points for the best offer on the nights I'd managed, which was done last week, good on yer Marriott ^
I still haven't had the promised manual adjust... is anyone else still waiting? Is it time to complain?

bd
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by boomdog
I still haven't had the promised manual adjust... is anyone else still waiting? Is it time to complain?

bd
If you are saying that you called and ask them to change the specific promotion, then you will not see any adjustment. They put a note in your account. At the end of the promotion someone goes in and manually adjust the points. So a couple weeks after the promotion if you haven't seen the adjustment, then you should call.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
One question again to the Feb 1 start of the promotion: Am I correct to assume that a Feb 1 checkout does NOT count towards the Megabonus 2010 promotion?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 27, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
I rang the uk line having done 39 nights in the last mega bonus period and wanting to switch from 35k +15k promo to double nights double points..... the rep said it could be done at the end of this month so to look out for changes to points either Friday 29th or Monday 1st....... i reckon this is worth about 10 k extra points to me - but am not sure yet if they will honour the double nights..... if so Plat for 2011 already
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, MR Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by djohannw
One question again to the Feb 1 start of the promotion: Am I correct to assume that a Feb 1 checkout does NOT count towards the Megabonus 2010 promotion?

Greetings - Dirk
I'm curious about this as well. Would a stay with a Jan. 31 checkin and Feb. 2 checkout count?

Have to decide whether I need to stay in a different hotel each night to at least get the second night's credit...
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by ncfinfan
If you are saying that you called and ask them to change the specific promotion, then you will not see any adjustment. They put a note in your account. At the end of the promotion someone goes in and manually adjust the points. So a couple weeks after the promotion if you haven't seen the adjustment, then you should call.
Yeah- when I called to get the 60K promo (vs. the 50K I'd been given) the guy said he'd make a note to fix 'em up on May 15th (and that if I make the cut early, which should be sometime around the middle of March at my current pace, to call him and he'd do it then).

I did take his name and extension and put them on my calendar for 5/15.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:35 am

I still have not received a megabonus offer. I am a gold member and do not understand!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
No sign of the megabonus here either.

I'm plat (and already renewed thx to rollover nights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.