Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have an opinion on the Ren Ft. Lauderdale / Port Everglades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, AmEx MR

Looking to stay there next week, so I just wanted to see if there were opinions about it for those who have stayed there.
I searched the forum here, but found almost no mention of the property.

Looks like it was recently renovated. Other than that, I don't know much about it other than what I can find on the Web.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: MR PP/Ambassador, Amex Explat, Hertz PC
Never stayed there, but driven past lots of times - it looks reasonably maintained - it is basically off I595, with not a lot around it - it's handy if you are going to be doing some work for DHL as their offices are there. It is about 10 miles from downtown Ft Lauderdale.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, AmEx MR
Thanks. I've very familiar with the location, and it's great for me; I stay in the area quite often.

I was just curious about the hotel itself, the concierge lounge, restaurants, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My wife and I stayed there one night in February before a cruise. It is a nice hotel. We were upgraded to a concierge floor room, but the lounge was locked because it was the weekend. There is a room off the lobby with 2 or 3 computers with free internet access. There was free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

The breakfast buffet was not very good and was expensive for the limited selections they had. There was breakfast meat, fruits a cereals. You could order an omelet, but they made it in the kitchen and it took a while to get it. They were understaffed and the service was awful. The restaurant was packed with people leaving on cruises, but I am sure it is that way every Sunday morning, so the restaurant should have planned accordingly.

Aside from the bad experience at the restaurant, it was a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.