Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Seoul Times Square, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Seoul Times Square, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by Xeno
Can you prepay on your credit card through the hotel or must use local currency with the driver or can the driver take a credit card?

I think Google told me that is less than 3 miles from Yoido Full Gospel Church. Anyone know about this? I suppose taxi drivers can find the hotel now especially from the church. I will be outside the city for a week and brought to Yoido by friends for 24 hours.

I stayed in the IST CY last June when it was new and hope this location is as pleasant an experience.

Now, about 90% of any taxi in Seoul, can use Credit Card to pay, no matter how much.
City or company(don't know which one) is paying for driver's CC merchant fees.
So you can use CC even if it's only 3000 - 5000 kwon.

Just look for VISA/MC or other Credit Card logo on window side of taxi.

Last edited by CIPAS; Feb 2, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:17 am

A winter-time tip

If you plan on hanging out in the attached shopping center near closing time, on an evening that it's freezing cold, raining, or snowing, make sure to carry your jacket with you.

The elevator at B1F back up to the hotel closes at 22:30, meaning a brief jaunt is required outdoors to get back to the street-level entrance of the hotel. Believe me, I learned the hard way!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I recently finished another stay at the Courtyard Seoul Times Square. The hotel's occupancy is trending upward as they seem to be attracting more business conferences and flight crews. I'm glad for the hotel, because they're a nice property, but the flip side is that their rates are trending upward too. "Best Available" rates are running 220,000 ~ 300,000 KRW all-in. My colleagues and I who travel to Seoul have been enjoying this hotel for the past 2 years but at these price levels we'll have to start shopping around again.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Just got it at 119000 at a LNF rate...please PM if needed
Old May 3, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
Has anyone stayed at there suites? I'm planning on booking a suite reservation at this property considering how new it is. Anyone?
Old May 3, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC MM / S100K, United MP Silver, Qantas Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold
If Taking a Taxi..

If you don't speak Korean, I strongly suggest having the hotel name written in Korean to give to the driver, or call the hotel reception and have them speak with the driver..

Many cab drivers were not familiar with the relatively new "Times Square" area and if they hear "Marriott" will assume you mean the JW and drive you into the city.. Had to battle with one cabbie toget him to stop when this happened coming from Gimpo.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:38 pm
Used to be highman123

I just stayed here using a Cat4 certificate.

Pro:

- all the typical Courtyard signs are here but this one could also be a a more upward brand judging by the finishings
- bus 6008 really gets you from Incheon almost directly to the lobby - thanks for mentioning it above
- Hotel is still shiny new and clean
- friendly check-in and free Internet
- good-sized rooms which are equally modern equipped
- shopping mall provides wealth of food options as well (had a great Korean dinner for $4.50 yesterday)
- high quality bedding

Con:

- Internet is way too slow especially for Korean standards (768kBit)
- I hate the double elevator thing and the lobby on the 5th floor- it takes 10-15 minutes to reach the ground with the busy elevators
- I tried different ways but when I shower half the water spills on the bathroom floor, maybe just my room, but really annoying, how hard is it to design and test an effective shower drainage

I hope this hotel stays a Cat4 as it's probably the best value redemption for these certificates. Normal rates were around $170 at the time I stayed. I'd love to come back.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Has anyone stayed here recently? How did you like it compared to the JW? Is it worth the $50 extra to stay at the JW? I am deciding which hotel to book, but I am a little undecided.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:06 am

Courtyard by Marriott in Seoul

Haven't stayed at the JW but just returned from a stay at the Courtyard. It's the best Courtyard I've experienced! Modern rooms, really friendly staff everywhere, great breakfast buffet, nice lounge and the location next to the mall is very convenient. I will definitely stay here again.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
The staff was joking a while ago to rebrand it as "JW Courtyard".
I really like that place (new rooms, great lounge, good loaction, easy airport & subway access)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Iguana0
Haven't stayed at the JW but just returned from a stay at the Courtyard. It's the best Courtyard I've experienced! Modern rooms, really friendly staff everywhere, great breakfast buffet, nice lounge and the location next to the mall is very convenient. I will definitely stay here again.
Originally Posted by tmeyer
The staff was joking a while ago to rebrand it as "JW Courtyard".
I really like that place (new rooms, great lounge, good loaction, easy airport & subway access)
Is the lounge open daily? Is breakfast in lounge or restaurant? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
JW Marriott

I will be in Seoul later this month, staying 2 nights each at both the Courtyard and JW. I will report upon my return.

I stayed a the JW a few mos ago and this is a real nice hotel with a great lounge, bus 6020 I believe drops u off down the street.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:37 am
soy

Programs: various
Excellent property with good service. Had a great 2 night stay here using Cat4 MegaBonus certs. Loooong happy hour from 16:30 to 20:30 and the bottles were still out when I passed the lounge at 21:30, so may have been even longer. Food selection in lounge not too shabby either, though certainly not a dinner replacement. Plenty of food choices in the mall next door anyway.

Was fairly quiet during my recent stay. Had no issues with internet, but then again I just did simple browsing, no streaming / skype etc.

Clear signage from the Airport bus stop to the hotel, so did not have any issue finding it (was worried as earlier posts suggested that it was hard to find). Its a bit more complicated finding your way back from inside the shopping mall due to the design of the place. Not all lifts will get you to the marriott floor.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
I am at the Seoul Marriott now and so far so good, I was upgraded to a suite. This is probably one of the best CAT 4 options in Asia considering the recent loss of the Renaissance Ratchaprasong in BKK.

I took Bus 6008 (9,000 KRW) from the airport and as a previous poster noted, get off the bus, turn around facing the opposite direction and the hotel (clear visible signs) is around the corner.

Lounge has excellent options, self serve bar. 6:30 am to 10:30AM and yes they are open on weekends. Plats can also have breakfast in MoMos bar downstairs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.