Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Dallas Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Dallas Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Just adding an update to this thread. I am staying at the aLoft this week in Dallas and I really enjoy the experience. The rooms appear to all be a little bit different from each other because of the way the old warehouse was converted. Lots of exposed brick walls in my room and a long bay-like window from wall to wall.

The staff has been particularly accommodating and remembered me by name after a short introduction at check-in. I highly recommend this hotel if you are coming to the Dallas area, I will certainly be back.
Old May 29, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I really enjoyed my room "super savvy suite" and would return to stay at this property again. But, a few issues to note:
Checked in around 10 pm on this past Saturday night for a one night stay at Aloft Downtown Dallas. One person working the aloha desk was really busy trying to check me in and also help some others at the same time… I asked for 4 pm late check out and he asked if I was a Platinum. I said No, I’m Corporate Plus… he looked confused but was like whatever and just gave me the 4 pm check out anyway… Kind of like he just didn’t want to argue about it. To me this just reinforces the idea that I just cant depend on getting 4 pm checkout when booking an SPG property. This is really important to me because Saturday night stays usually end up in some late nights. In fact I had already decided to not stayed at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas because they are on the list of Conference Hotels that don’t allow the late checkout…So, If I would have been denied it at the aloft, I would have been upset.
Also, I should add that check in complicated because there was a really loud DJ at the w xyz bar… Apparently, there was a 10 year high school class reunion that night in the hotels basement and lots of these people were partying in the lobby bar. Anyway, my room was on the second floor and the music from the lobby bar was super, loud. Perhaps I was given a room so close the music because I checked in late and they figured that I wouldn’t be sleeping by the time the party ended (which I wasn’t- So no big deal). Just be aware that the rooms above the w xyz bar can get REALLY loud depending on what’s going on downstairs…Lots of parking in the hotels lot. In fact, I wasn’t charged the $10 parking fee… perhaps resulting from the difficult (loud) conditions at check in…
Old May 29, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Stayed here 4 nights. It's....meh.

If you're booking for a convention, it's a doable walk. If you're trying to have a cool time in Dallas, look elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.