Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Verbier, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Please check with property.
Print Wikipost

W Verbier, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88
Curious if Verbier shuts down as much as a lot of Switzerland during shoulder season.
not sure if you mean spring/fall only, but in summer there is https://www.verbierfestival.com/en/
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:57 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
not sure if you mean spring/fall only, but in summer there is https://www.verbierfestival.com/en/

Summer is the second most popular time to visit (after ski season). That’s when a lot of Europeans and US tourists bring their families to hike and enjoy the outdoors.
The Shoulder Seasons are the “in between” times- March-May and September- November when most hotels and restaurants close and the towns are empty. There were very few tourists in St. Moritz , Zermatt and Verbier which was perfect for us.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Special sale for only 24h, Called Qoqa offer (can be low as 399USD/CHF night for 2, with Breakfast and Dinner included), Winter/Summer... (some blackout date on peak season).

Directly on Marriott.com
FlyingXplorer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are there not really low season 'discounted' rates? because low supply?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Verbier is a famous Alps resort with 3800m glacier, so low season is only april-may or oct-nov.

Like I said this is a special promo in partnership, still 20h before this deal is gone. A lot of date are available. No need to add more.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Special sale for only 24h, Called Qoqa offer (can be low as 399USD/CHF night for 2, with Breakfast and Dinner included), Winter/Summer... (some blackout date on peak season).

Directly on Marriott.com
Thank you very much for bringing this deal up to our attention.

I booked the spectacular room for 2 including dinner both nights for 619 CHF at the height of ski season in February - this is a very solid deal.

I owe you ^
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:03 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Thank you very much for bringing this deal up to our attention.

I booked the spectacular room for 2 including dinner both nights for 619 CHF at the height of ski season in February - this is a very solid deal.

I owe you ^
Congrats

This is a special property- our favorite W Hotel.
aCavalierInCoach likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

Directly on Marriott.com
If I book a 5 nights stay...I'll get dinner all the nights or just 1?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

the qoqa website is: https://www.qoqa.ch/
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by damon88
Congrats
This is a special property- our favorite W Hotel.
Indeed I had previously read your nice review which was one of the reasons I had this property on my radar screen
damon88 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:59 am

Just curious, is the hotel blocking the use of SNA on advance purchase rate?
I was able to select and use my SNA on the standard rates but not on the advance purchase rate for the same date.
I called the reservation line and the agent said they were only able to help me cancel the reservation.

Edit*
Found the answer to my own question
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30575978-post541.html

Last edited by calbino; Dec 30, 2018 at 6:19 am Reason: answered my own question.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Hi all,

I'm planning to have a 7 days stay at this property from 23rd of feb till 2nd of march using points, with my wife and my 2 childs (one is 6 yo, this other is 5 months old). I ran a simulation and "confortable" and "wonderfull" rooms are available for 360k points, anyway the policy for child occupancy is not clear.
Anyone of you have experience staying with childs at this property? Do you think it's possble to request for a extra bed for my 6 yo child (considering i will be traveling with folding cradle for the little one?

thanks for your answers!

PS: don't know if it could help, but I'm Platinum premier with amabassador service
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:23 am

W Verbier = One of World\'s Best Ski Hotels

W Verbier

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

W Verbier

Rue de Médran 70 Verbier Bagnes, CH 1936

W Verbier = One of World's Best Ski Hotels (31 Photos)

W Verbier

Before booking at W Verbier I was a bit hesitant to pay prices far higher than other excellent mountain resort hotels in Europe during ski season.  I was just wondering, how good could it be.  After staying, I am sold and I will definitely return - the quality of the hotel and the town itself is well worth the price premium and then some.  The hotel has won prizes from “World Ski Awards” not only as Switzerland’s best ski hotel, but also as the world’s best ski hotel. I have not seen anything to make me disagree with that – W Verbier lived up to its reputation for my stay.

IMG_2069.jpegIMG_2110.jpegIMG_2113.jpegIMG_2179.jpeg

Room

I booked a spectacular room type and as Ambassador Elite I was upgraded to the fabulous suite which is one category higher than the cozy suite; there is a material price difference between the two so this was not a modest suite upgrade by any means, in the middle of ski season to boot. Even though I had the same room type as @Damon88 from a few months ago, the layout of our room was different, mostly because our room was on two floors.  The entrance of our room was on the top floor (7th) and you enter straight into the living room.  There is a balcony but unfortunately the view was blocked by heavy snowfall from the previous few days.  The ceiling of the living room is very much chalet-style with wood beams but also modern lighting.  On that level there is also a small toilet (no sink) which was convenient.  It does not appear that Damon88’s version of the fabulous suite had that extra 0.5 bath.  Down the stairs you have the bedroom and another balcony with fantastic views of the valley from the 6thfloor of the hotel.  Off the bedroom is the main bathroom which is finished to a high standard.  The rain shower is of a good size and there is a also separate bathtub.   I liked that our room was on two floors but the downside is that the main bathroom appears to be smaller than the other version of the fabulous suite based on the previous review.  For example, once you opened the toilet door or shower door, both would come very close to the sink, partially blocking the way.  The entire suite had heated floors in addition to the fireplace to give good ambiance.  The design of the room was very pleasant and it is very hard to find any fault to it. 

IMG_2148.jpegIMG_2120.jpegIMG_2126.jpegIMG_2127.jpegIMG_2128.jpegIMG_2132.jpegIMG_2134.jpegIMG_2136.jpegIMG_2137.jpegIMG_2139.jpegIMG_2140.jpegIMG_2144.jpeg

Dining

Breakfast in the restaurant cannot be compared to breakfast from top hotels in Asia, but outside of Asia this is one of the best ones I have had.  Over time I tend to get bored of traditional western breakfasts which consist of eggs, sausages, and bacon.  Here I was pleased to have Chicken Yakitori, grilled vegetables, in addition to the traditional options and free-flow Prosecco.  Also the eggs benedict local-style were excellent.  

IMG_2176.jpegIMG_2177.jpegIMG_2178.jpegIMG_2180.jpeg

We also had dinner in the W Kitchen a couple of times. While portions were generally small, the quality of the dishes was fantastic.  We enjoyed the oysters prepared with lemon foam and salmon caviar. For main course we tried the perch, sea bass, and sole, which you can match with the sauce and side dish of your choice.  

IMG_2153.jpegIMG_2207.jpegIMG_2208.jpg

We tried a few cocktails at the bar and we liked the creativity of the choices there.  

IMG_2070.jpegIMG_2114.jpegIMG_2115.jpegIMG_2117.jpegIMG_2118.jpegIMG_2119.jpegIMG_2220.jpeg

As mentioned by others, the location of W within Verbier cannot be beat.  But I think I should add a few words about Verbier itself.  There are several choices of ski resorts in Europe so you can just as easily pick another top hotel in another part of Switzerland or in a surrounding country such as France, Italy, or Austria.  If deciding between various destinations, in my opinion Verbier is a top notch ski resort well worth the visit.  We had fantastic weather which helped shape our opinion, but as I understand this specific village tends to get a lot of sunshine which is not the same in all parts of the Alps.  The high prices of Verbier generally speaking are warranted in my opinion - the experience is just superior.  

IMG_2202.jpeg

Overall

There are some hotels in the world where I had good experiences such that when I return to that destination, I book to the same hotel again without shopping around.  But for the cream of the crop hotels, the hotel itself is the draw to make me travel again to that destination, rather than choosing the destination first and then the hotel second.  W Verbier falls in that top category for me.  Next time I consider a European mountain resort, I will lean a lot more strongly on returning to W Verbier rather than book at a Design Hotel with limited benefits in a lesser location, even if the price tag in Verbier is far higher. 

W Verbier = One of World's Best Ski Hotels

Would you like to write a review on the W Verbier?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Wonderful Staff at Beautiful Hotel

I used SNAs to clear into Fabulous suite for my stay in May. First, it must be said that May is absolutely dead in Verbier so if you are going for nightlife / dining this is not the time to visit, most bars & restaurants were closed and the main supermarket was even shut for remodeling. However is you wish to hike and bike in solitude this is perfect time to visit

I arrived via car and was warmly welcomed in and helped with baggage and was allowed to check in early. The suite on the 5th floor of the main building had great views over the valley and an extensive balcony. It should be noted that there is no door between the bedroom and living room and in addition to the see through fireplace there is not any real “privacy” between the spaces. There was a half bath in living room and large bathroom off the bedroom with a soaking tub, walk in shower and toilet in separate cubicle. The heated floors throughout the suite were nice on cool spring mornings; also be aware there is no ac in this hotel, the only cooling available is through opening the doors!

I choose breakfast as my Titanium benefit and was given the full buffet with the option for made to order eggs as well. Prosecco was stationed next to the juice should anyone wish for a Mimosa. Most of the hotel dining venues (Crave, Juice bar, Tapas) were closed but the W Kitchen (where breakfast is served) was open for dinner. I’m not sure if the menu is cut back in the off season but there were very limited choices, however what was on offer was delicious and well presented.

Since so much of the town was closed down in May the hotel had arranged a number of mountain and e-mountain bikes available for guests to use free of charge. They said the e-bike rental would normally run 50-80 CHF per day so I thought that was a nice surprise benefit. The staff provided maps and great advice as to what trails to use. I had a wonderful time riding the electric bike up and down the mountains, hardly seeing another soul on the trails. Valet parking was also discounted to 29 CHF (versus 59) for the off season. The sand volleyball court put in for summer was not yet installed but I understand that is planned for this summer again.

Every single member of staff I interacted with was fantastic, so welcoming and helpful- it really made my stay. I'd love to return again someday in the fall when the lifts are open and the scenery is changing, without a question I’d choose to stay at the W.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:39 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by dc2005b
I used SNAs to clear into Fabulous suite for my stay in May. First, it must be said that May is absolutely dead in Verbier so if you are going for nightlife / dining this is not the time to visit, most bars & restaurants were closed and the main supermarket was even shut for remodeling. However is you wish to hike and bike in solitude this is perfect time to visit

I arrived via car and was warmly welcomed in and helped with baggage and was allowed to check in early. The suite on the 5th floor of the main building had great views over the valley and an extensive balcony. It should be noted that there is no door between the bedroom and living room and in addition to the see through fireplace there is not any real “privacy” between the spaces. There was a half bath in living room and large bathroom off the bedroom with a soaking tub, walk in shower and toilet in separate cubicle. The heated floors throughout the suite were nice on cool spring mornings; also be aware there is no ac in this hotel, the only cooling available is through opening the doors!

I choose breakfast as my Titanium benefit and was given the full buffet with the option for made to order eggs as well. Prosecco was stationed next to the juice should anyone wish for a Mimosa. Most of the hotel dining venues (Crave, Juice bar, Tapas) were closed but the W Kitchen (where breakfast is served) was open for dinner. I’m not sure if the menu is cut back in the off season but there were very limited choices, however what was on offer was delicious and well presented.

Since so much of the town was closed down in May the hotel had arranged a number of mountain and e-mountain bikes available for guests to use free of charge. They said the e-bike rental would normally run 50-80 CHF per day so I thought that was a nice surprise benefit. The staff provided maps and great advice as to what trails to use. I had a wonderful time riding the electric bike up and down the mountains, hardly seeing another soul on the trails. Valet parking was also discounted to 29 CHF (versus 59) for the off season. The sand volleyball court put in for summer was not yet installed but I understand that is planned for this summer again.

Every single member of staff I interacted with was fantastic, so welcoming and helpful- it really made my stay. I'd love to return again someday in the fall when the lifts are open and the scenery is changing, without a question I’d choose to stay at the W.

Your trip paralleled our May 2018 visit in most respects. We loved having the town to ourselves.

I do think the staff at the Verbier is exceptional— at some hotels the staff can really elevate a great stay to a memorable one.

We thought a visit there would be a one time thing but we also plan on returning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.