Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Verbier, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Please check with property.
Print Wikipost

W Verbier, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GVA
Have you ever been to Verbier ? It is not surprising that it is a category 7, in fact anything other than Cat 7 would have highly surprised me as the whole town is extremely expensive.

I do question what type of prices this place will command during the off season (May to November). I think that is the biggest challenge the place will have.
Nope, I have never been there before.

Actually I don't even know where Verbier is located in switzerland.

Just frustrated by the increasing of cat 7 properties.

2 years ago - just 19 properties

today - 35 properties.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: EXē-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I do have a confirmed booking for the first of december 2013. It will be a stop on may way to rome. Hope it works. BTW if it will not be open i can not cancel after the first of november free of charge...
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
I do have a confirmed booking for the first of december 2013. It will be a stop on may way to rome. Hope it works. BTW if it will not be open i can not cancel after the first of november free of charge...
In that case- cancel 31 OCT if 01 DEC is not confirmed?

So many interesting places to go in the mountains- why Verbier?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: EXē-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
It is on my way, it is new, it is starwood and I never stayed in this region nor in a W.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
It is on my way, it is new, it is starwood and I never stayed in this region.
Fair enough- I suppose if any country should have a hotel that opens on time it will be Switzerland so perhaps you will be in luck and can post the first trip report!

Is skiing open there on 01DEC this year?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
W Verbier, Switzerland, to open 1 Dec 2013

That will depend on the actual snow situation. At this time of year usually just a few runs/lifts on the upper mountain will be open.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by banzani
That will depend on the actual snow situation. At this time of year usually just a few runs/lifts on the upper mountain will be open.
That's what I thought- very little in this area of Europe opens prior to the weekend in/around 08DEC.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Still set for 12/1. Pics of the snow from today from their twitter feed.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:45 pm

Since I have cancelled my stay the question is:

Is it open?! And how is it?!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite
Dec 23 seems to be the first date for booking.

36 sqm up to a spectacular room seems for me very small with prices starting around US$ 800 OFF season and just a Cozy room (or 30.000 points).
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
ha, expensive and small! from the reservations page...

Wonderful room, non-smoking : King Bed
36 sq ft / 3 mē
W Signature Bed
Balcony with partial view

USD 893.30
Per Room / Night
Including charges & taxes
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
W Verbier, Switzerland, to open 1 Dec 2013

I was going to have a look next week but at these price points not worth the hassle !
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by banzani
I was going to have a look next week but at these price points not worth the hassle !
You can look in summer. The price will be low!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
wow!!!! not cheap
Old Dec 25, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
And yet many people think that HH is alone in rendering redemptions at upscale properties uneconomic following recent changes.

A room night at a top category Hilton property at the most expensive time of the year runs to 95k HH points per night. A Hilton Diamond would need to spend a minimum of $4750 to earn a 1 night stay at the highest category property. All these properties also have "standard rooms".

In contrast to redeem at the highest category Starwood with standard rooms at the most expensive time of the year you would need 35k SPG points which would mean that a <75 night SPG Plat would need to spend more than $11600 for the free night. This ratio spirals higher for the properties without standard rooms.

Whilst Hiltons recent changes were a big shift from the relatively generous earn/burn rates of the past, they still look extremely generous in comparison to SPG.
Another similar take is that to get a 95K Hilton room, I would need to charge roughly $30K to my HH Surpass card. For one night in Verbier, I would need to charge $35K to my SPG Amex. So as someone who has moved to SPG credit card spend this past few months, I am becoming less enthralled with my options and with the amount of time/spend to get point totals up to book award stays. Once I get my Santorini trip booked, I will probably move back to HH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.