Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance New York 57 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond

I am staying here next week and wanted to see what type of reviews it was getting. Have any of you stayed there and what is the good and bad of this new hotel
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
How was the hotel -- looking for a hotel in NYC later this month.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Wonder if anyone has stayed here recently and had any input on upgrades or anything else to share.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've had 2 stays there: thought it was a nice place in a part of the city I enjoy staying. Rooms are a little small but it's a very nice hotel with a boutique feel. Much rather stay here than any of the "big" Marriotts around town.

There's another thread for it here somewhere. I believe it generally gets positive reviews.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:03 pm
Suspended

It's a solid hotel with a good location - health club is weak and rooms are on the small side - but that's NYC! If you want a great gym then the marquis is the best in Manhattan - and the location is great too - but it's a massive property with no style - but location and gym are ideal.....
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I stayed here several years ago and it was very noisy - above the mean for NYC, which is not too tranquil at the best of times.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:26 pm

Tiny rooms. Not great.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent stays here????i have a 5 night reservation coming up here in a couple of months....
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
any recent stays here????i have a 5 night reservation coming up here in a couple of months....
Keyser, did you stay and can you report back? It looks as if they do not charge a resort fee at this one? I know most Starwoods were and I think Marriotts too now.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sinfonia
Keyser, did you stay and can you report back? It looks as if they do not charge a resort fee at this one? I know most Starwoods were and I think Marriotts too now.
my stay is in another 3 weeks....i've booked here & at another property as well since i don't know what part of the city i need to be in....if i do end up staying here then i'll report back....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
my stay is in another 3 weeks....i've booked here & at another property as well since i don't know what part of the city i need to be in....if i do end up staying here then i'll report back....
I stay here almost monthly. Correct there is no destination/resort fee, staff are generally friendly, and it's relatively quiet (i.e. not like being on 42nd and hearing horns all night). Overall can't complain.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Great! Thanks for offering that information. Since the restaurant is closed, how is the breakfast in the lounge? Is it all cold/room-temperature ore-made foods or is there anything warm?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:44 am

Any recent stays here?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I stayed for 3 nights the last weekend in February. Rooms are small and could use a refurbishment but clean. For the price I paid ($89 BRG rate) and no "destination/scam" fee, I can't complain. Staff is friendly and the location is good. The lounge was closed on weekends so I was given 750 bonus points per day in lieu.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
In the Elite FB group there are reports the property is being rebranded as Hotel 57 and leaving Marriott 1/20/20. Just a heads up since there is no mention on the hotels page or here.
ryw likes this.

Last edited by christianj; Dec 17, 2019 at 10:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.