Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:08 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05
Original Poster

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Arrow Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria [Master Thread]

I didn't find a Master Thread on this one in the sticky nor could I find any information on it on TripAdvisor. Has anyone visited this property? Is it new?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
This isn't exactly what you were looking for but the hotel used to be called Prava Suites and the following is a link to the Tripadvisor reviews: (not sure why it hasn't been changed over to the LeM name on TA yet)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...las_Texas.html

No recent reviews with the latest couple being from March but it sounds like the hotel was either renovated or nearly renovated during the last review.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: united GS, million mile flyer, *wood life platinum, 10 yr plus
not familiar with this le meridein

hi,
i am not familiar with this particular loe meridien property, but my opinion of this line of starwood is not great. i have stayed at their properties in mia and thailand and found that though the physical structures were fine, the attitude of the staff was not: not helpful and felt like we were being nickled and dimed to death
Old Jun 2, 2009, 4:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome rcrooter. I see by your profile that you are a very active traveler. I'm glad that you've found FT and the Starwood forum, and look forward to you sharing experiences.

Le Meridiens are certainly variable, but I've stayed in some excellent ones. Check out the property master threads in this forum. Give the brand another chance at one of the properties that is highly regarded.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:06 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05
Original Poster

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by christianj
This isn't exactly what you were looking for but the hotel used to be called Prava Suites and the following is a link to the Tripadvisor reviews: (not sure why it hasn't been changed over to the LeM name on TA yet)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...las_Texas.html

No recent reviews with the latest couple being from March but it sounds like the hotel was either renovated or nearly renovated during the last review.
^ Thanks for this! If the staff rolled over from the conversion, it seems to be a highly regarded property for the most part (at least by the reviews on there).
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:29 pm

This is the former Hilton Suites just east of the Dallas Galleria. Was independently flagged (Prava) during the multi-year renovation and repositioning. Believe it's in soft-opening now as I haven't seen much press about it, but I think the renovation is complete and its now a fully brand compliant Le Meridien.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 5:41 am

Trip report from Le Meridien Dallas

I'm in the middle of a stay at this hotel and wanted to post a few pros / cons. Unfortunately I'm traveling without my camera nor camera phone (feeling very low tech) so no pics.

This hotel is across the street from the Galleria mall parking lot. This area looks like it's "behind" the mall since it not on the side with any stores.

Parking:
The hotel is all valet and the valet staff was prompt on arrival and getting my car when I came down to head out for dinner.
Parking is $20 which is a bit annoying when self parking isn't available.

Lobby:
The lobby is also the interior atrium where you can see the hallway to each floor and the elevator guts.
It's not as sleek as a W or as cozy as the Joule (my other favorite Dallas property) but the renovation they did looked nice.

The bar is to the left of the entrance and check in to the right. Check in is 3 small desks and my initial service there was prompt and efficient.

Gold upgrade success:
I was upgrade to a "king suite" and the desk agent thanked me for my loyalty to SPG.

*strange note - to get to your room on any floor you have to card swipe ( not just the high floors (no club level)).
The signs explaining this are ridiculously worn and since they are obvious stick-ons, it makes no sense that these aren't replaced.

1st Room:
Room 912 - corner suite and as I learned later the n12 and n20 rooms are all the same layout (since this hotel is a big rectangle).
This room smelled of smoke covered with air freshener. I stepped back into the hallway to make sure it wasn't just a stale room smell. It wasn't.

Front desk reassigned me to 712 - keys worked in the elevator but not for the room. Back downstairs...

Front desk reprogrammed the same keys - these also worked in the elevator but not for the room. Back downstairs again...

While waiting in line I heard another guest complain about his AC not working and another guest asserting she had a room and looking for her confirmation number.

This time maintenance came up with me and my again reprogrammed keys.
The keys didn't work for him but he used the master key and opened the door. This room was occupied and it was obvious.

Back downstairs again. AC guy was gone, lost reservation lady seems to have found information enabling the front desk to get her going.

New front desk person (wasn't wearing the same uniform and seemed to be directing others around a bit, guessing manager but no introduction was made) claimed I had been "told" the wrong room, "checked" my keys and handed them back to me. I'm skeptical of this since there was a lot of typing going on and checking the keys was done in the same machine that programmed them.

3rd room - #720:
These rooms are large with a living room / sofa / big TV and elevated desk in one room and a bedroom isolated by 2 doors in the other room.

The room is dimly lit when all the lights are on and some of the light switches don't seem to work. Enough lights do work so that I can function and by this time I need to get to work & dinner rather than continue to play room roulette with the front desk.

Overall impression:
The hotel is nice enough and a decent room for a great price.
Calling it a Le Meridien and trying to put a posh veneer are missing the mark.
Some of the trendy / styled furnishing just look out of place and incongruent with the parts of the hotel that are hard to change.

This is hotel that had a facelift but there was some obvious and strange cost cutting that makes it look worn.

examples:
1) elevator - the wall around the elevator has fancy wallpaper that looks like something I've seen in the W and a newer Westins ( looks like it's weaved / textured ), but the elevator button plate is worn, dirty and the buttons look beat up and chipped. Are buttons and fascia plates that expensive that they would be omitted ? Every guest must use the elevator and this is something everyone will see.

2) doors painted black - all the doors in my room are painted black. Any imperfection in the surface shows up and the door to my bathroom looks stained but painted over. A primer coat would have avoided this.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by travelinjoe
I'm in the middle of a stay at this hotel and wanted to post a few pros / cons.
Thanks. I think I'll stay away for now. $20 for required valet out of the city center is a problem.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:40 am

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
I called ahead to this property in advance of a potential weekend stay a few weeks ago - triple "kiss of death" means I likely will never stay here:

a) no elite lounge at all; weekday much less weekend
b) no free breakfast coupons or any mechanism to get even a complimentary doughnut or breakfast in lieu of "a)"
c) mandatory parking fees. That may work in NYC or SF, but not in Big D.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Thumbs down Mixed experience at LM North Dallas; Problematic Issues!

Postives:

Rooms are large and comfortable. Large flat screen TV.
Good north Dallas location accross street from Galleria.

Negatives:

Compulsory $20 valet parking is strange.

Problems I had on last visit

1) I asked for a 7.30 wakeup call at checkin (I had an important 9 am meeting) ..... wake up call never occured.... asked at checkout if I had any issues I mentioned this and without asking was promised 500 starpoints... Hotel never followed through....

2) When I went to retrieve my car, (after about a ten minute wait to get a valet) valet could not find my car keys... for about another 20 minutes I was asked if I had taken the car out later the previous night (I hadn't), whether I had kept the keys (I hadn't), if I had come down earlier and got my keys (I had not).... eventually keys were found in the Valet box near front door where they had originally stuck them when I checked in... they had never transferred them to board in valet room where they are locked away. Even after they found my keys it was inferred that I may have put them in the box or that I had done an early morning run in my car.

As a result of nealy a 30 minute delay I was late for my meeting by 10 minutes!

3) My points for stay only just posted after filing form for missing stay some weeks back and two phone calls to Gold desk at SPG.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What do people think about this as a hotel for the Super Bowl?

Last edited by nologic; Jan 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I am staying at Le Meridien at Galleria now. Got pre-upgraded to superior corner suite - 906. Suite is very spacious and bed is very comfortable. It has open city view. We arrived very late and downstairs bar was open and food was actually quite good. Furnitures in the room and lobby are quite high quality, better than a lot of Westin and W hotels we stayed. It has an indoor pool, but no chairs in pool area to relax. Staff are friendly and flexible. We had a prepaid room and needed to move the date of our stay to a different one. Called the hotel in advance and they did it with no issue at all. I normally prefer Luxury Collection/Westin, but my stay here at Le Meridien exceeded my expectation.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I had a stay here last summer, never wrote a report.

I had a similar problem with a wake-up call not coming through, which made me late. That, combined with the overall surly attitude of the check-in staff, and something else that happened (my memory fails me now) made the stay unpleasant. I'd asked for late checkout before the front-desk agent made my key; of course, I came back after lunch, left the room for a moment, and then got locked out, and I recall that it took an interrogation before they'd let me back in my room because my ID was in the room .

I grew up in the area, so I refused to pay $20 to park in North Dallas. Parking everywhere else around the area is free. There is ample retail parking a block away, and nobody actually tows anyone unless there's a special event.

That said, it was a great room at a great rate ($66), and after I complained to Customer Service about the issues I experienced, I got a nice email from the GM and 4000 points.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: A few
Had another stay here last night, have stayed here several times in the past. It is a pretty nice, basic hotel. I got in very early at 10am and they said I could either wait for upgraded room or take an available inward facing standard. I was fine with the standard. Only complaint is the internet connection completely died at some point in the evening and even by next morning it was not fixed. It appeared to be hotel wide as even in the business center the house computers had no connection.

But in general this is an ok cheap and cheerful property.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:20 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here last night... definitely avoid for the ridiculous parking charge alone.

Room was OK, but not great... staff not terribly friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.