Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott - Shenzhen [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott - Shenzhen [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
The web site only allows booking of maximum occupancy=3. Has any one stated at this hotel with 4 in a room?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Any recent review of the hotel?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho

Thanks in advance!
It's still great. Book the hotel car pickup and you might end up in their Bentley!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:42 pm

Thanks in advance!
I stayed there for two nights on points in Mid-November. If you want a short summary, it is better than your average JW Marriot in the US. However, it is not on par in some aspects compared to JW marriotts in China or even compared to some courtyards in China. Since it is a JW Marriott in China, I will offer my opinion with that in mind. The hotel is located about 10 minute walk from the nearest MTR. The hard product in this hotel is very good, with the exception that the design of the lobby feels small and tight. The rooms are spacious and modern and has all your modern amenities. I have gold status and I usually enjoy most lounges in the Marriott family in China. My biggest complain about this hotel is they sell access to the lounge for 180RMB (per day) to anyone who wants to pay for it. So the lounge is super crowded during breakfast and dinner time. We were there for dinner on our second night and it was so crowded that we couldn't find a seat. It was ridiculous. The food offering in the lounge is also very poor. I have been to courtyards (Shanghai), Marriott (HK), and JW Marriott (Hangzhou) and all have superior lounge experience than the JW shenzhen. The second complain about this hotel is that they like to hire tall and pretty staff but their staff seem cold and untrained. The female staff in this hotel are tall, slender and pretty. However, those female staff are not as warm as other marriott staff I have interactions with in other Chinese Marriott hotels. When we walk in and out of the hotel, we were seldom greeted by the staff. When I first check in, the front desk person also was confused about my status and thought I had silver status and wanted to charge me 180rmb for breakfast. Overall, the experience was below average.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the reviews!

Wow, 180 RMB for lounge access? That's a joke. In Hamburg Marriott it costs you EUR80 per night for lounge access.

I have never stayed at a JW (I'm based in Europe and I don't think there are any). I have stayed at Skycity Marriott and CY Hong Kong and I don't fancy their lounge food (maybe because I'm from HK and I'd rather eat out). I booked the nights on point saver so 10k per night isn't a bad deal (compared to 35k for JW in Hong Kong, 25k for Skycity and 20k for CY).

Not sure if we'll stay there since we need to get our visas - I did call the hotel to enquire about arrival visas and the FD has no clue about it and the concierge seems to know it. Not sure if it's normal in China, but they don't seem to be very polite - the concierge is helpful, and I got the info I wanted.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
not listed in Marriott.com Point Savers, but PSs available throughout 2013 with several months having daily availability..............for 10,000 MR points, not a bad deal........
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the nights on PS. This was the best 10k MR points per night I have ever spent. This is my first JW stay and the room was the nicest I have stayed at (the only one that can be compared is the 2 room senior suite at IC Berlin).

I saw the tall and thin 'model' girl - pretty scary.

Lounge was pretty empty. The best selection I have ever seen, good quality with wide selection (could have more local beer than Heineken and Carlsberg). Dessert can be better but we think that the lounge spread is better than CY and SkyCity Marriott Hong Kong.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
not listed in Marriott.com Point Savers, but PSs available throughout 2013 with several months having daily availability..............for 10,000 MR points, not a bad deal........
Only on Fridays during 2012.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 4:08 pm

I got the nights on PS. This was the best 10k MR points per night I have ever spent. This is my first JW stay and the room was the nicest I have stayed at (the only one that can be compared is the 2 room senior suite at IC Berlin).

I saw the tall and thin 'model' girl - pretty scary.

Lounge was pretty empty. The best selection I have ever seen, good quality with wide selection (could have more local beer than Heineken and Carlsberg). Dessert can be better but we think that the lounge spread is better than CY and SkyCity Marriott Hong Kong.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the JW shenzen. My opinion is that the female staff at the lobby are pretty attractive but I don't go to hotels to see pretty girls so it does absolutely nothing for my experience.

I understand that this is your first JW experience and it does seems like you like the JW Marriott at Shenzen. If you really want to try an awesome JW experience, I highly recommend JW Marriott Hangzhou. IMHO, this property is so well managed that it should be the standard all JW marriott should be judge by. Everything is so wonderful about this hotel, the rooms, the hotel staff, and the fancy lobby. If you have Gold or Platinum status, the hotel let you have your breakfast at both the lounge and at the lobby restaurant. The spread, the quality of food and the selections are so impressive.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windcloud5
Only on Fridays during 2012.
Depending on when you book it - when I was booking it in March 2012, the whole X'mas period was available until New Years eve.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:48 pm

JW Marriott Shenzhen Not Bookable?

Hi guys,

Tried to book the JW Marriott Shenzhen for the holiday season (12/20-12/28), but it's showing unavailable. In fact, when I used "Flexible Date" search, nothing is available from now till August 2014. Something going on? Anyone knows? Thanks!

alextktan
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
tried to duplicate your situatuion but find rates available EVERY day both cash or points............... perhaps you tried to book during a period of time that the property was uploading new data so advise, just try it again..............

(and since there's an existing thread on this hotel there's NO need to start a new one..........)

Originally Posted by alextktan
Hi guys,

Tried to book the JW Marriott Shenzhen for the holiday season (12/20-12/28), but it's showing unavailable. In fact, when I used "Flexible Date" search, nothing is available from now till August 2014. Something going on? Anyone knows? Thanks!

alextktan
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:50 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by alextktan
Hi guys,

alextktan
Like BKKLEE I also had a look at those dates for that hotel, whilst looking for other dates for myself.

I see all sorts of rates, points etc and its only a Cat 3 hotel which seems low for a JW (however I personally wouldnt want to spend more time than I have to in Shenzen!)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent updates? Anyone have email address for this property? Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent updates? Anyone have email address for this property? Thanks.
PM'd you the email address

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.