Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:10 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by lewin85
I'd rather be in Midtown / closer to Times Square / Broadway given this is my first trip to NYC but Edition's location looks pretty good as well. However Essex House basic rooms looks larger that's why I decided to go with them. Not so fussed about the breakfast benefit as will probably eat out. Also I stay mostly in Asia properties and am spoilt here. I don't think the breakfast in NA can compare!
Well you can be close to broadway pretty much anywhere in Manhattan given it starts near central park and goes all the way downtown. Downtown, you even have two broadways for the price of one!

Just kidding — I know you mean the theater district.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The locations are really different. Would you rather be midtown or downtown? I loved the Edition location, but hated the property. On the flip side, I like Essex House quite a bit, and it's nice being right next to the Park, but otherwise would much rather be downtown.

Note that you will get no breakfast benefit at Edition, whereas Essex House has one of the better Platinum breakfast benefits of any domestic Marriott.
I hate the Essex House for all the horse carriages that park outside the hotel that blows horse-dung scent right into the lobby. Day and night!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd rather be in Midtown / closer to Times Square / Broadway given this is my first trip to NYC but Edition's location looks pretty good as well.
I'd rather have an extra hole drilled in my head.

That said, Times Square is about equidistant from the two properties. Essex House is a bit closer to the theater district, which is mostly above Times Square.

Also I stay mostly in Asia properties and am spoilt here. I don't think the breakfast in NA can compare!
whatever
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The JW was an excellent value at 45k / night, but at 60k, not so much...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm looking for a NYC hotel (SPG/Marriott) for a one-night stay on a Saturday. I'll arrive at JFK at 5:20pm on a Saturday and will fly out of ORD at 4:40pm the following Monday.
Haven't yet decided when I'll fly to ORD, but probably late Sunday afternoon (I guess LGA would be the most practical option?), so I'll have about 24 hours in New York.
I've seen most/all of the touristy stuff in Midtown/Manhattan, so I'd like to stay in an area that has more "regular" life. Ideally some place that's not 100% hipster.

Where would you stay?
I'm willing to pay up to 200$ for that night, but I wouldn't mind paying much less either. I'll be traveling alone.
I've stayed at the W Times Square and the Westin Grand Central in the past and both were a bit "meh". Would be great to find something more modern.
I'm also open for staying in Brooklyn if there is something interesting to see there.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'm looking for a NYC hotel (SPG/Marriott) for a one-night stay on a Saturday. I'll arrive at JFK at 5:20pm on a Saturday and will fly out of ORD at 4:40pm the following Monday.
Haven't yet decided when I'll fly to ORD, but probably late Sunday afternoon (I guess LGA would be the most practical option?), so I'll have about 24 hours in New York.
I've seen most/all of the touristy stuff in Midtown/Manhattan, so I'd like to stay in an area that has more "regular" life. Ideally some place that's not 100% hipster.

Where would you stay?
I'm willing to pay up to 200$ for that night, but I wouldn't mind paying much less either. I'll be traveling alone.
I've stayed at the W Times Square and the Westin Grand Central in the past and both were a bit "meh". Would be great to find something more modern.
I'm also open for staying in Brooklyn if there is something interesting to see there.
Not sure when you are traveling but the Four Points in Chelsea might be a good option for your price range.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Sorry, forgot to mention that. It'll be on February 23.
I'll check out the Four Points, thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:06 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As there is a newer Master Thread for all 30 brands of Marriott hotels in NYC, I am closing this thread. Please post in the newer thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
controller1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.