Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points, Greensburg, PA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium

Definitely NOT one of the better Four Points to be sure. Now, when I go to a Four Points, I do remind myself that even 'tho it's a Starwood, it's a Four Points not a Westin, so to keep my expectations in check.
Even as Four Points go, this was bad.
The carpeting in the halls and common areas was really, really filthy. The hallways had a really dingy (sp?) smell to them. Had many "key" issues when I was there: went to use the pool, key wouldn't work, called the desk, waited several minutes for a replacement, got into the pool with it, (no clean towels at the pool available), upon returning to room the "replacement" key didn't work on the room door, so am standing in smelly, dirty hallway in wet swim gear waiting several minutes for replacement key. Decide to try the "fitness center". The key didn't work there, called the desk, waited several minutes, got a replacement key that worked, but again, wouldn't let me back into my room again, so am standing in dirty, smelly hallway in sweaty gym gear waiting several minutes to get into my room. The "starwood preffered guest" hallway is just an ordinary hallway of the hotel with a plastic "S..P..G.." sign on it.

Despite a couple of calls & giving the hotel my SPG number, had to make a few calls to SPG for my points to post.
I doubt I'd stay there again.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Jacuzzi Suite vs Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite

I stayed at the property on July 3 and was upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite that appeared to be a standard room with a bathtub squeezed in the corner of the bedroom. The bathroom looked like the hotel was a HoJo in a previous life. The rest of the furniture, including the desk, desk chair, TV chair and ottoman were too pushed together to be functional. Before checking out, I told the desk clerk of my return reservation for July 5 and requested a larger room with better access to the desk and TV chair. She said the larger rooms were Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suites and I could have one for double the AAA rate for which I was booked. I asked her if it was available for a Platinum Upgrade and she said not at the AAA rate . So I asked her to just add a request for a larger room to my reservation but to leave the rate alone.

When I returned to the hotel on July 5, I was checked in by the same clerk who had checked me out on July 3. Apparently she had received an SPG education since I had checked out. She told me that, as a Platinum, I had been upgraded to the Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite at the AAA rate. When I got to the room and saw the upgraded amenities, including the large multi-jet shower, I was pleased. Then I walked over to the dresser to set down my brief case and saw the gold "Starwood Preferred Guest Room" plaque on the dresser.

I have to praise whoever overheard our conversation from the back room at my July 3 checkout and gave the clerk an SPG education before my return. Or perhaps the clerk should be commended for asking her supervisor "what was that guy talking about?"

So, I'd say it's a decent Four Points if you get the right room and a bad one if you don't. But the staff does seem to be educable. ^
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Thumbs up Trip report, 4points, Greensburg, PA

Booked my first ever stay at this property. 30 minutes out of my way, but with bonus points, well worth it. checked in at the GOV rate, upgraded to a jacuzzi room in the SPG wing.

Nice room, 32" LCD, Free internet, free soda, water and snacks waiting. Took the 250 points as my amenity. While checking in, a nice staff member offered to help with my bags, turns out, was the GM. No help needed, but appreciated his offer.

I met the same GM in the lounge an hour later. I introduced myself, and also showed him this website. He is a new GM, here since 12/08. We had a great conversation. We discussed platinum upgrades and platinum breakfasts. They gave me a card for either free continental, free soup or free drink in lounge. Very nice guy to talk with, and I learned after finishing my meal, HE PAID FOR IT

It was much appreciated.

The pool area is great. The lounge and restaraunt are great. It looks like this may have been some sort of full service property at one time. Lots of conference rooms, restaraunt and a great looking pool area.

Definitely worth a stay if in the area.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Silv, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,
80% of my platinum status comes from this hotel...

In the past I've lived in this hotel for 2 weeks at a time, I wouldn't again but I was new, young and stupid, didn't want to rock the travel policy boat to much. Now I stay becuase its the only way I'd keep my plat status which I put to good use at real hotels.

I've been sent to a room with no bed in it. AT 2 AM. Not impressed.
They have lost my laundry for more then 2 days. More then once
The treadmill almost killed a coworker of mine when the fuse blew. I'd avoid the gym all together, theres a health club across the parking lot.
The food in the restaurant is suspect at best, stick to the bar food. Anything more complex then the cob salad and you'll regret it. There's piles of good restaurants within driving distance.

Some of the cleaned up rooms are ok now.

The bar has cheap drinks and cheap bar food specials to stretch the per diam.

Bob the bar tender is the only good bar tender there, just don't ask him for directions. Locals have a tendency to add miles of back roads to avoid 50 cents worth of toll road.

The reason I stay there is the rate with my company is killer, its rarely more then 2 or 3 days now, if I'm traveling with others there's no need to eat dinner there, did I mention cheap drinks?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
I needed a place to crash on a drive from DC to the midwest and cashed in a few thousand points to stay here recently. It was a Friday night and the bar was rocking. It is obviously the happening place in Greensburg. Several cops in the lobby monitoring the bar activities, which was a bit odd---that is not the typical lobby atmosphere at a Starwood hotel!

I was worried about the noise but once I got to the room, I couldn't hear a thing. The room was standard Four Points. Rather spartan, but clean. Big flat screen TV as mentioned in a previous post. They did give me a card for a free breakfast as a Platinum extra, but I had to be out real early so I did not end up using it. In the end, nothing to really distinguish this place as a Four Points but nothing to take it below expectations, either.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO Pres. Plat, SPG
I'm on a multi-stop trip with my wife and mother-in-law. This is the last leg of our trip, tomorrow we return to NYC. Except for Jackson, MS, where there isn't an SPG property, we've stayed in Starwood properties the entire time. Of all the properties we've stayed at this week, this location was the most expensive. Generally, I like Four Points properties. Most are new or in good repair, they aren't pretentious but are always comfortable and enjoyable. This one, however, is not.

We booked a king room with a pull out couch (no double rooms appeared when I was booking). When we arrived, we noticed the massive restaurant/bar downstairs that seemed to be quite busy. We checked in, and were told that we could either walk down to our room or drive to a better entrance. Our room is a second floor walk-up. There are no elevators.

The hallway smells of smoke, though every room is labeled nonsmoking. Our actual room is dirty. There is hair all over the chair and the bathroom, the floors need to be cleaned, and even the pillowcases are stained. The pull out couch is ancient and flimsy. There was half a potato chip between the sheets. In short, this place is not the experience you want to end your driving tour of the US.

I called the front desk and was offered a change of rooms, but I suspect they are all the same. After lugging our bags up the stairs, I have little motivation to move again. The front desk said they would take $28.10 off my rate to compensate.

Some photos:

Four Points Greensburg, PA - Stairs to Second Floor (no elevator here) by marklyon, on Flickr

Four Points Greensburg, PA - King Room with Pull Out Couch by marklyon, on Flickr

Four Points Greensburg, PA - King Room with Pull Out Couch by marklyon, on Flickr

Four Points Greensburg, PA - Broken Chair & Thin Mattress by marklyon, on Flickr

Four Points Greensburg, PA - King Room by marklyon, on Flickr

Four Points Greensburg, PA - Bathroom by marklyon, on Flickr

Last edited by marklyon; Jan 28, 2012 at 7:49 pm
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:58 pm

Left Starwood March 14

now the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/pennsyl...n_date&rooms=1
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
Originally Posted by James Luckard
now the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
100 Sheraton Drive
Greensburg, PA

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
[QUOTE=James Luckard;18238323]now the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Justice is served.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO Pres. Plat, SPG
I hope this was as a result of complaints to Starwood. It really was a dump.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by marklyon
I hope this was as a result of complaints to Starwood. It really was a dump.
The change in flags was due to it being foreclosed on and sold:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_786319.html
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cyan
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
100 Sheraton Drive
Greensburg, PA

Same thing happened in Charlottesville, VA, where I went to college. The Hilton became a Sheraton, then a Four Points, and is now a DoubleTree, but the road leading to it has always remained Hilton Heights Road through the various names...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.