Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Las Vegas Summerlin, NV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Las Vegas Summerlin, NV [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Arrow Element Las Vegas Summerlin, NV [Master Thread]

Posting this from my very nice studio suite.

This concept makes up for all the bad things I had to say about aloft
The room is spacious, the furnishings are comfortable and very stylish. The appliances are very high end.Much nicer than the Marriott extended stay properties which will be the main competition.

The pool areal looks great as does the fitness center.

Staff was super friendly and fixed a problem with my rate quickly and efficiently.

The area is a little bit of a problem-not a bad area at all but there is nothing in the immediate area as far as dining.Not too long of a drive to either Flamingo or Charleston for lots of dining options.

I am the first person to sleep on the bed!

I am very impressed ^

A few more notes,The tv is a nice hg with a lot of HD channels and there is the connectivity box.
Internet is free but there are a few bugs with the service.
The bathroom is a good size with a nice shower with a european stylehand held nozzle and a big rain forest showerhead.There are dispensers for body wash and shampoo.

The pool area as I mentioned is very nice-and there is a BBQ for cookouts.Lotsof longe chairs and nice landscaping.
Sorry I can't dowload photos just yet cheap elite-not till I get home my laptop and my phone are not on speaking terms!

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Dec 21, 2008 at 4:56 pm
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Smile

Biggie, pictures please. You know a trip review/mini-trip review without pics is just a "tease" to me. LOL
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Thanks for the report BGIP!

A few Questions:

How much is internet?
What was the Platinum Amenity?
I assume no upgrades per previous announcement?
Did they give you any bottles of water?
What are the bathroom amenities?
Any problems with 4PM checkout?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Thanks for the report BGIP!

A few Questions:
What was the Platinum Amenity?

FAQ: The Platinum Welcome Amenity thread.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Amenity is 250 spg points
Internet is free
No water in room-I snagged two from the fitness center and no one said anything.It is really really empty-so I did get upgraded o a studia suite.Since I was not expecting anything and am on a super cheap rate that is great.
Bathroom amenities are the new Westin scented body wash,shampoo,bar soap and lotion.Body wash and shampoo are dispensed from wall units-just like aloft.

I think you would like it Itsaboutthejourney-except for the location.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
We spent Friday night at the Element and I agree with everything bigguy said. I know they're different concepts, but element puts aloft to shame. Check-in was smooth, studio was large, stylish, and comfortable, and staff were friendly. I found the room layout to be far more functional and stylish than the Westin timeshare units. It was nicer than our PH room on Saturday night too.

Free breakfast in the lobby included breakfast sandwiches, egg white burritos, cereals, fresh juices, etc. During breakfast, the guy at the adjacent table asked what we thought of the place. We told him we loved it and he agreed that it was beautiful. He asked how we heard of it and we told him we were loyal SPG customers. I asked where he heard about it. He said, "I'm the developer." Oh. I think that trumps my SPG status. He went on to tell us to be sure to report any issues to the staff, but we had no complaints. Excellent stay and I look forward to more element stays in the future.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:52 pm

Does anyone know why this property is so pricey?? It's $169 while the Hampton Inn and Courtyard down the street are only $89.

This isn't for just one or two random dates... but consistent through January and February '09.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
No insight into pricing. Haven't visited competing properties, but will say that this prop likely has them beat as I felt it was superior our resort vista room at the PH by a longshot. The rooms are fantastic, but I can't imagine they'll be filling them with the prices I've seen lately...especially given the current economy.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG Gold
Element Summerlin LAS - Poorly Trained Staff

I just returned from a business trip in LAS and chose to stay at the Element in Summerlin to avoid the distractions of the Vegas strip and found the training level of the staff to be wanting in several critical matters.

1. All of the clocks were not reset after the time change. The clock in the fitness center had not been reset as were two of the three clocks in my suite.

2. An entire rack of juice glasses set out for the complimentary breakfast was covered in water spots and were just disgusting to look at.

3. A fire alarm went off around 0630 and there was no communication or coordination to inform guests if this was an actual fire or a misreading on the Fire Control Panel.

4. I left a message for the Front Desk Manager to discuss my concerns about items 1-3 and my call was never returned.

5. At checkout the front desk employee did not ask "how was my stay" at their property.

6. I did not receive a thank you e-mail from the property for staying with them.

All of the above shows a clear lack of attention to detail with the staff. I contacted Starwood and received 3000 points as compensation.

Has anyone else had issues at this property or at any other Elements?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 1:46 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Your stay at this property was the opposite experience to mine. I found the staff and manager great and trying to do everything they could to make my stay more enjoyable.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Your stay seems to be quite opposite that of Biggie.

element Las Vegas Summerlin [Master Thread]

I feel you did the right thing, by contacting customer service, since you did not hear from the management of the property.

Question, you say you did not receive a "post" stay email. Did you receive a "pre" stay email? If not, I suspect that your email preferences are not set up to receive these emails.
Actually, the issue was not preferences as I did receive the "pre" reservation confirmation email from them. The two most important words that any Starwood Guest must hear are the words "Thank You."

The only point I'm making is that even the most impressive property, such as this one, can leave a negative impression if the small details are not attended to.

Thank you all for your welcome and input.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:22 pm
MKB

I stayed here the night before the OP and am glad to hear I missed an 06:30 fire alarm.

I was disappointed that there was no Platinum recognition at check-in. They had suites available but stated that it is their policy not to upgrade. I queried whether this was because their suites are not categorised as "standard select suites" as per SPG t&c's and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps one of the Starwood Lurkers would be good enough to let us know if this property has any suite inventory that is available for Platinum upgrade?

However, the standard room was very nice indeed. The only thing I missed was having a bath: all rooms are shower only.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by MKB
...I was disappointed that there was no Platinum recognition at check-in. They had suites available but stated that it is their policy not to upgrade. I queried whether this was because their suites are not categorised as "standard select suites" as per SPG t&c's and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps one of the Starwood Lurkers would be good enough to let us know if this property has any suite inventory that is available for Platinum upgrade?...
I don't think it would matter even if they did:

4C.5. In addition to all the benefits of Gold Preferred Guest Membership, Platinum Preferred Guests also receive the following benefits:

a. Upgrades to the best room at Participating Properties at time of check-in, based upon room availability for your entire stay, including Select Standard Suites, except at Aloft and Element properties. Specialty Suites such as, but not limited to, premium view, Presidential, Honeymoon, and multiple bedroom suites are excluded. This benefit does not apply to all-suite hotels. Best rooms are identified by each property and do not include Towers level accommodations unless original reservation is for Towers level accommodations. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member.

At best, if anyone did get a suite upgrade at an aloft or element hotel, it would be dependent upon their good will and very much a YMMV situation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:58 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I don't think it would matter even if they did:

4C.5. In addition to all the benefits of Gold Preferred Guest Membership, Platinum Preferred Guests also receive the following benefits:

a. Upgrades to the best room at Participating Properties at time of check-in, based upon room availability for your entire stay, including Select Standard Suites, except at Aloft and Element properties. Specialty Suites such as, but not limited to, premium view, Presidential, Honeymoon, and multiple bedroom suites are excluded. This benefit does not apply to all-suite hotels. Best rooms are identified by each property and do not include Towers level accommodations unless original reservation is for Towers level accommodations. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member.

At best, if anyone did get a suite upgrade at an aloft or element hotel, it would be dependent upon their good will and very much a YMMV situation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
What's the reasoning behind this rule?

It doesn't make much sense that SPG's two lowest-tier brands don't provide upgrades if a room is available. Especially seeing how much element summerlin charges in room rates (in my mind someone has been smoking potent things there to think that the hotel will fill at $119 - and it is reflected by a near empty parking lot).

IMHO, whilst my stay at the element was great being a Platinum at elements really offers nothing more. Only having 250 points is another discentive for going to an element over a comparable chain. A pity because element has a great potential for growth - greater than any other SPG brand in my mind.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:02 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by GVA
What's the reasoning behind this rule?...
My understanding is that very few aloft or element hotels will have any upgradeable room types and those that do will only have one or two. 99.9% of the rooms are exactly the same with your choice of a double bed or a king bed, so there is really nothing to upgrade you to. Again, where such upgradeable rooms exist, if the property wants to do so, it is at their discretion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.