Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by dingo
I've got a stay coming up in about two weeks for my father (one room) and my brother and I (second room). Think there is any way for me to pay for club use for the third person during the course of our stay?
If lounge access doesn't get comped: they actually advertise it explicitly, if memory is correct 40EUR for single / 60EUR for double, per day
Whilst lounge service staff was excellent, the actual offerings in the lounge are so-so, would rather go out & find some of the great bars and restaurants in Prague than pay that money for the lounge
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm plat so I think I'll have no problem on one of the rooms, which will have two ppl in it. I'm really thinking more for the breakfast AFTER we spend all night at the pubs and bars!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
im here now and just had one of those front desk conversations. two rooms on award. one kng, one double. had shown upgrade to jr suite on one room yesterday onlne. got two king club rooms...club on ground floor. went back to desk to get double and ask about upgrade. got the double and was told we had already been upgraded to club. asked about a suite and was told already had been upgraded. educated him on spg, no change in response. went over to the Link pc and found i could book a jr suite for duration of stay, back to ask for manager. he had the same story and when i asked about online availabilty he spun his monitor around and started rambling about how the rooms were already assigned. i asked what would happpen if i booked a suite online and he just pointed to his monitor again. how frustrating...so common.

http://tinyurl.com/bvnta2d

Last edited by dingo; Apr 3, 2013 at 6:44 am Reason: added url showing suites available
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:12 pm

My bad...was informed by css that jr suites are not an eligible upgrade for plats. I'd not realized that, but accept it...?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Candidly, you aren't missing much. I had two rooms there last year, both were really nice and one was an upgrade to a jr. suite. From what I remember it was the exact same room with just a small sitting / working area added.

Enjoy your time in Prague!
Old May 11, 2013, 2:09 am

Stayed in a very small junior suite (platinum upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...sheraton-prag/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 12:44 pm
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Has anyone stayed in both this hotel and the Radisson Blu? I'm trying to decide between the two, and haven't been able to find any comparisons. They're only a few hundred feet from each other, so it will come down to where we'll have a better shot at a nice room and good service. Gold with both SPG and Club Carlson.

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Anyone have any issues with a surcharge being applied to their bill on check out?

I just noticed that my credit card slip (which I signed) has the following notation:

I accept that I have been offered a choice of currencies for payment and that this choice is final. I accept the conversion rate and the final amount.

3% markup included in the exchange rate.

Exchange rate provided by Six Payment Services.
I just got a brand new Chase Marriott Visa with no forex fee and was thrilled to be using it for the first time. (Anyone from SPG Amex listening?) And now I find out I got dinged for a 3% exchange fee. No one at the hotel mentioned this fee to me nor was I offered a choice of currencies for payment. I see that I was billed in Cdn$. Before I send off a scathing letter to hotel management, I'd like to know if this is a Czech Republic thing, or is this a Sheraton Charles Square thing. (I called Chase and the rep I spoke to said it was the first time she ever heard of this, so it's not some small print that I wasn't aware of with this card.)
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The problem is that you were billed in Cdn$. Did you select that? If they billed you in Cdn$, then they converted your bill and added the conversion fee.

I stayed there a couple of months ago and I don't recall being asked which currency I wanted. I was billed in Czech crowns (which is what I would have requested if asked). At that point, the credit card company does the conversion and applies any fees they may have.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It's called DCC or Dynamic Currency Conversion, google it.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
No, I wasn't asked which currency I wanted, just handed the bill to sign, and I now see that I signed off on it and accepted the 3% exchange rate. I saw that my credit card slip showed Cdn dollars but it was the first time using my Chase Marriott Visa, so I thought that maybe this was an anomaly for using a no forex fee card. Joke's on me I guess.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Great Stay

Just finished a stay at this property and couldn't have been more impressed. Booked two rooms for one night as we had five people in our party. Used SNUs and they were both confirmed a few days prior to the stay.
On check-in, was offered either the local gift (a stuffed penguin doll?) or points - took the points. Front desk staff were very efficient and when they realized our rooming configuration (myself, wife, two kids and a colleague) and worked to find a workable solution. In the end, was given rooms 616 (bi-level suite, two washrooms, king bed, sofa bed) as well as 601 (bi-level suite, two washrooms, king bed, sitting area) - beautiful, unique rooms.
Lounge has nice offerings in terms of drinks, but the food options in the evening are certainly not enough to consider as dinner (if that's your intention). However, the lounge attendant was very attentive (his espresso machine wasn't working, so he took it upon himself to get my daughter a hot chocolate from the bar in the lobby).
Concierge more than helpful.

Hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the core.

Overall - would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Singlepoint
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:31 am

Sounds like you had a great stay at this hotel. It is a good hotel and while it isn't in the thick of things, as the prior post said it is an easy walk.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any recent reports?

I notice that the SPG website states that lounge has "variety of beverage options" which sometimes is code for being able to purchase drinks. Is champagne still available in the afternoon? Do they charge for wine in the lounge in the evening.

Similarly, the hotel mentions evening food in the features section, but room descriptions seem to say lounge breakfast and snacks during the day. Is it safe to assume that there's still some food in the early evening and that the lounge operates seven days per week?

Also, if I arrive by train from Vienna, at which train station would I arrive?
Old May 19, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: All of 'em
How many ppl can the 2 level suites sleep? And is that an option on an SNA?
And I second MSPeconomist question about the booze in the lounge. Do they have free beer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.