Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bc1549
whats the main differences between RI and CY central park?
RI is on the top half of the building, so better views. RI includes breakfast. Other than that, not much. They share an entrance and a gym.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:46 am

LOVE Love LOVE the RI WTC. IT is hard to get into, but have stayed here for extended stays twice. The location is 1/2 block from a subway hub making it really easy to get uptown.
The rooms are small but do have two queen(?) beds so are quite workable for a family of 4.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

It is loads better than the Marquis (really terrible staff and over crowded, or the Lexington.)
The RI Midtown East is nicer... bigger and more spacious, ... but a bit farther from subway.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:27 am

are there any other category 8 hotels that are very worth the extra 20k points over 5 nights instead of me booking the RI world trade center ?

Or even the essex house at 180k if that is much better than others.

CY herald square seems like a decent llocation but i wonder how noisy it would be
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

just noticed i only have 141k marriot points and no more SPG points to transfer from..

i dont want to use my UR points as they are bad conversion value to marriot.

so i think im gonna stick with a property that is 140k or less for 5 nights..

i notice for tomorrow thru the 14th the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square is on PointsSaver for 140k.

so i think its down to the RI World trade or the above for me. gonna give a bit for some responses to roll in and then pull trigger on one of them.

thanks
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you want free breakfast, book the RI.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I didn't stay at the WTC RI (I would have it had been available my dates), but it is definitely in a good location for seeing the downtown sites (Statute of Liberty, WTC, South Street Seaport, Stock Exchange, Chinatown, etc.). It is also has very good subway access. To me the WTC RI would be a no brainer.

--Jon

P.S. I stayed at the Marriott Downtown which was also fine and as a Lifetime Platinum member got access to the CL for breakfast which was fine. They were also good about letting families into the lounge and managed the food and the tables well. Still for a family stay, I would have preferred the RI if it was available.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:52 am

Is there anyone can share the Platium treatment on Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Does anyone know a ballpark cost to add club lounge access to your reservation at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park? I'm use my Chase RC certs for 3 nights in a few weeks and see they do offer the club lounge add-on. Obviously the lounge certs won't work on a "reward" reservation, but I'd be interested in adding it on if it was a reasonable fee. Just curious.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bergamini
Does anyone know a ballpark cost to add club lounge access to your reservation at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park? I'm use my Chase RC certs for 3 nights in a few weeks and see they do offer the club lounge add-on. Obviously the lounge certs won't work on a "reward" reservation, but I'd be interested in adding it on if it was a reasonable fee. Just curious.
This is not meant to be snarky, but have you called the property directly and asked?

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bergamini
Emailed the property. It's normally $220/room for 2 guests but they offered me $170/room for 2 guests. It is just me and so I am awaiting a reply if there is any discount for just 1 guest. I can eat a lot of food for $170 even on-site but maybe, since the room is free and YOLO.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:38 pm

Just completed a stay at Marquis Times Square. Was upgraded to a Larger corner room upon checkin. The location is nice for some tourist activities, but I would stay elsewhere as the traffic and crowds become annoying after several days.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sig05
Just completed a stay at Marquis Times Square. Was upgraded to a Larger corner room upon checkin. The location is nice for some tourist activities, but I would stay elsewhere as the traffic and crowds become annoying after several days.
Hmm. Sounds like another zombie problem.

David
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone stayed at the JW Marriott Essex House now that it is renovated? It would be interesting to know how they compare now.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott
NYC Marriott w/ family

Hi!
Traveling to NYC for 5 (maybe 6) nights in the spring with our girls (10, 6). We've been many times before but it'll be a first for the kids. Looking to use Marriott points (Gold members) for the stay (willing to transfer to Starwood if needed). We traveled to Chicago for the first time last year and chose the Renaissance. We had a wonderful stay and was upgraded to a room that was bigger than a standard and it was extremely helpful to have the extra space for the 4 of us for the 6 day trip. I know it is not a given but I am looking for hotels that MAY provide (or we'd pay if it is worth it) for a slightly larger room. Would rather not be in the middle of Times Square but the larger rooms at the Marquis are tempting me. We plan to do allllll of the NYC things so we'll be all over the city and into Brooklyn for a day too. Open to any and all suggestions for us. Thank you!!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Erica1224
Hi!
Traveling to NYC for 5 (maybe 6) nights in the spring with our girls (10, 6). We've been many times before but it'll be a first for the kids. Looking to use Marriott points (Gold members) for the stay (willing to transfer to Starwood if needed). We traveled to Chicago for the first time last year and chose the Renaissance. We had a wonderful stay and was upgraded to a room that was bigger than a standard and it was extremely helpful to have the extra space for the 4 of us for the 6 day trip. I know it is not a given but I am looking for hotels that MAY provide (or we'd pay if it is worth it) for a slightly larger room. Would rather not be in the middle of Times Square but the larger rooms at the Marquis are tempting me. We plan to do allllll of the NYC things so we'll be all over the city and into Brooklyn for a day too. Open to any and all suggestions for us. Thank you!!
If you don’t need a full service hotel, the CYs might be your best bet for upgrades. There is one in Herald Square which is pretty close to he train to Brooklyn.

If you want a full service hotel also check out the Lexington which has some nice (very large) suites available and often live jazz in the lobby, although the decor is a bit dated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.