Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott to Upgrade Onsite Hotel Technology

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Saw this in a business travel magazine. Can't remember if it was reported before...

"Marriott Int'l, through an agreement with AT&T, will install converged networks for voice and data transmission in new properties and retrofit the networks into existing properties. The service merges multiple technology applicatons - including guest wired and wireless Internet access, such communicatiosn services as video on demand and voice-over-Internet telephony, and staff communications tools - onto a single managed LAN service-provider model. Marriott already has a prototype of the model at its recently opened Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel."

Anyone stayed at the RBWH & can report?

Cheers.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
And more importantly, how much $$$ per day....
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:31 pm

I stayed there back in March and didn't notice anything special with regard to phone/internet/tv (other than actually having HD channels, unlike most Marriott properties with HDTVs)

Pretty nice hotel though
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sangreal
I stayed there back in March and didn't notice anything special with regard to phone/internet/tv (other than actually having HD channels, unlike most Marriott properties with HDTVs)

Pretty nice hotel though

The brief blurb I quoted didn't say when the prototype went into effect & since it was an August issue, might have been after your stay. But thanks for the heads up on the hotel (ie, pretty nice).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.