Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by andylogan

Asked for and received 4PM late checkout - will see how that goes if they reset the key card or not at noon!
I've just come to assume I will have to have my card reset. Since this is my favorite benefit, I try not to complain too much about it.

I was just at the Westin Times Square last week as a Platinum. Got a corner room on the 38th floor. The corner rooms are small, but with tons of windows. Since I was by myself, didn't really bother me.

I found breakfast and appetizers to be fine in the Lounge. The staff was nice, the food varied (mini hot dogs one night, which was fun). It's a small lounge and there were a number of families (a weekend), but was perfectly fine.

Everytime I went to the desk, the staff was quick and helpful. I, too, like the location from a convenience perspective. It's a reasonable walk from Penn Station and right on top of a huge Subway station.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:28 pm

Platinum upgrade chances at Westin NY TS

How many suites and junior suites are in this hotel? Higher or lower porportional to the norm?

How booked up will it be this summer, arounf the 3rd week of June?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 2, 2009 at 7:04 am Reason: Moved into master thread to keep info in one location
Old May 1, 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Coolcamden
How many suites and junior suites are in this hotel? Higher or lower porportional to the norm?

These questions have been asked and answered many times.
Personally I would avoid this Hotel and ring Terry (GM) at the W-TS and book a Fantastic Suite.
If a suite is important then don't gamble on one...BOOK IT
Terry will look after you!
Old May 1, 2009, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Coolcamden

I have never seen any and this hotel is like other Starwood places - with the exception of the Parker LM - not on my shortlist of preferred hotels in NY. I use it sometime due to a good rate for a quick night, but would never ever stay there of the stay meant anything to me.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bonecrusher
These questions have been asked and answered many times.
Personally I would avoid this Hotel and ring Terry (GM) at the W-TS and book a Fantastic Suite.
If a suite is important then don't gamble on one...BOOK IT
Terry will look after you!
I've just read this hotel's room description, and the Fantastic suite has that voyuer bathroom thingy. What is that??? I don't know... We are a family with our 16 year old son going to NY to check out colleges.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
How clean is this property? I read some online bed bug reports regarding this property, yuk! Wasn't this place recently redone; 2008-2009? Maybe the bedbugs are just coming over from one of the most famous dump in Manhattan located next door; Hotel Carter!?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 28, 2009 at 11:30 am
Old May 26, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
I think the property is undergoing a "rolling" renovation, unless it has been completed. I stayed in a basic renovated room two weekends ago and found that it was pretty clean. I had two issues: 1) The HVAC vent in the bathroom was quite dusty, so much that I wanted to actually get up there and clean it, and 2) I hate the sliding bathroom door without a lock. The door in my room didn't seem to shut all the way.

I have stayed here multiple times and have never had an issue with cleanliness. In fact, I would say the room here was cleaner than the Plaza room I had during the same weekend (with a stained bed skirt and dusty/dirty carpeting around the edges of the room).
Old May 26, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sciguy0504
I have stayed here multiple times and have never had an issue with cleanliness.
Good to know, I'm considering this hotel if it's clean and in good repair. Others here sure don't like it, it's the W TS or nothing. Right now I'm in between the Westin TS or Le Parker Meridien. Not sure which to pick since I never stayed at either. I was also thinking about staying at the newer Starwood properties on the Jersey side, but I want to be closer to everything afterall.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 26, 2009 at 9:33 pm
Old May 27, 2009, 12:31 am

I just finished a stay at W TS & Le Parker. I personally loved the location and service at W TS. Sure Le Parker have good suite upgrades and nice rooftop pool & very very good gym. However, I like the fact that W TS is so hip! and so close to the subway. LM is sorta dead at night (surrounding area, IMHO)
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:14 am
Suspended

there was a note posted by someone that the rooms while nice do not have coffee makers. im curious as to whether the club rooms have coffee makers and the type of toiletries being provided.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:26 am

I was in a club room and it had a coffee maker. 'new' westin white tea products.

The room was clean too so I'm surprised at some of the other comments - but I guess it may vary.

Overall I had a great stay at the Westin TS.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Sad to say the lounge is closing on Sunday for the indefinite future.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Sad to say the lounge is closing on Sunday for the indefinite future.
Will they give coupons or some sort of compensation since the lounge is closing?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:26 am

From what I've heard we get a credit per person if we paid for the lounge. Not sure what they are doing for Plats. What are other properties doing?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For my current stay, which extends through Sunday (they close on Saturday), they gave me $25 per person ($50) food and beverage credit (my room rate included lounge access even though I'm entitled to it anyway).

As a platinum, i expect 0 on future stays unless it's a rate that entitles you to a breakfast in the terms. That's true of most Westins when the lounge closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.