Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Duke787
Trying to decide which of the 35k properties would be best for a weekend visit this summer) (have a couple of certs). Want to keep in the Mayfair / Belgravia / Westminster area if possible.

1) Marriott Kensington
2) RI Kensington
3) Hotel Xenia

and I guess technically

1) Marriott Regent's Park
2) Marriott Maida Vale

Seems like Marriott Kensington is probably the best option?
Marriott Maida Vale has relatively cheap paid rates. So, if you have the cash that's probably a better option.

Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection has small rooms.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Trying to decide which of the 35k properties would be best for a weekend visit this summer) (have a couple of certs). Want to keep in the Mayfair / Belgravia / Westminster area if possible.

1) Marriott Kensington
2) RI Kensington
3) Hotel Xenia

and I guess technically

1) Marriott Regent's Park
2) Marriott Maida Vale

Seems like Marriott Kensington is probably the best option?
Kensington is very nice and we've enjoyed it. However it's not that close to touristy things other than Albert Hall, although is in walking distance to two Tube stations. The lounge is good and they have a couple of "secret" family-size rooms if needed. When our child was smaller, contacting the hotel in advance proved very helpful.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Marriott Maida Vale has relatively cheap paid rates. So, if you have the cash that's probably a better option.

Though as always, the answer depends on what matters most to you. I’m staying at the Xenia now, and it’s become my go-to for when I’m in London on my own.

No question, the rooms are quite “cozy”, and there’s no lounge (though breakfast is provided in the restaurant). However, it’s a small hotel with more of a boutique feel and lots of character (I feel like I’m in London and not just another Marriott, and they provide turndown service with a treat on the nightstand), the beds are quite comfortable, and I’ve always been upgraded to a nicer room as a Plat. Location wise, it’s also a reasonable walk to three main museums including the V&A. If you’re looking to spend most of your time out of your hotel and mostly need a great place to sleep, the Xenia can be the place for you.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by twa777

Though as always, the answer depends on what matters most to you. I’m staying at the Xenia now, and it’s become my go-to for when I’m in London on my own.

No question, the rooms are quite “cozy”, and there’s no lounge (though breakfast is provided in the restaurant). However, it’s a small hotel with more of a boutique feel and lots of character (I feel like I’m in London and not just another Marriott, and they provide turndown service with a treat on the nightstand), the beds are quite comfortable, and I’ve always been upgraded to a nicer room as a Plat. Location wise, it’s also a reasonable walk to three main museums including the V&A. If you’re looking to spend most of your time out of your hotel and mostly need a great place to sleep, the Xenia can be the place for you.
Great to hear you enjoy it. I've thought of the property, but there really haven't been any reports on here about it. Some of the TripAdvisor reviews have been critical.

Are you able to post pictures? What is served at breakfast? Any other elite status recognition or benefits? Perhaps complimentary drink vouchers?

Would you rate the hotel as luxury or more like a boutique hotel?
Duke787 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I stay at the Kensington fairly regularly. The rooms are undergoing renovation currently and the Lounge is about to be updated to an M Club (starting at end of Feb/beginning of March.) This a much needed facelift! Don't expect upgrades (I'm a PPE) as the hotel has few suites. I always ask for a quiet room, as I stay there on business and sleep is the most important factor for me. I like staying at a hotel with a lounge, it's convenient as a solo female business traveler. And I really like that I have a choice between the full breakfast buffet (including eggs cooked to order) in the restaurant or the lounge offering.

As noted above, the V&A, Natural History and Science museums are quite close, as is the Royal Albert Hall. Kensington Palace and Gardens plus Hyde Park are a short walk. There is a Sainsbury supermarket across the street and plenty of pubs/restaurants within a 10 minute walk.

With that being said, I may be giving Maida Vale a try for my early March business trip due to the lounge being under construction at the Kensington.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jtwiz
I stay at the Kensington fairly regularly. The rooms are undergoing renovation currently and the Lounge is about to be updated to an M Club (starting at end of Feb/beginning of March.) This a much needed facelift! Don't expect upgrades (I'm a PPE) as the hotel has few suites. I always ask for a quiet room, as I stay there on business and sleep is the most important factor for me. I like staying at a hotel with a lounge, it's convenient as a solo female business traveler. And I really like that I have a choice between the full breakfast buffet (including eggs cooked to order) in the restaurant or the lounge offering.

As noted above, the V&A, Natural History and Science museums are quite close, as is the Royal Albert Hall. Kensington Palace and Gardens plus Hyde Park are a short walk. There is a Sainsbury supermarket across the street and plenty of pubs/restaurants within a 10 minute walk.

With that being said, I may be giving Maida Vale a try for my early March business trip due to the lounge being under construction at the Kensington.
I wouldn't expect to continue receiving a choice between a lounge breakfast and a restaurant breakfast if the property gets a M Club lounge. Let's also hope they don't copy the Marriott London County Hall model and limit lounge food at night to three, one-serving pieces with anything else charged.

Anyone looking at the Marriott Maida Vale should look at the members-only tab as they often have cash rates that come with 5,000 or 10,000 bonus points. Sometimes per night. Other times per stay.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
What is the latest wisdom on the London Marriot Hotel Canary Wharf fka Marriott West India Quay? How does it compare to other top Marriott properties and how is the noise level?

Normally I stay at GS or GH but this hotel is closer to some upcoming meetings. Of course, I could always take the boat from County Hall...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What is the latest wisdom on the London Marriot Hotel Canary Wharf fka Marriott West India Quay? How does it compare to other top Marriott properties and how is the noise level?

Normally I stay at GS or GH but this hotel is closer to some upcoming meetings. Of course, I could always take the boat from County Hall...
It depends on your budget. Personally, I wouldn't stay out in the London Docklands if I had the budget to enjoy fine dining. I prefer being in central London.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Kensington is very nice and we've enjoyed it. However it's not that close to touristy things other than Albert Hall, although is in walking distance to two Tube stations. The lounge is good and they have a couple of "secret" family-size rooms if needed. When our child was smaller, contacting the hotel in advance proved very helpful.
Originally Posted by twa777

Great to hear you enjoy it. I've thought of the property, but there really haven't been any reports on here about it. Some of the TripAdvisor reviews have been critical.

Are you able to post pictures? What is served at breakfast? Any other elite status recognition or benefits? Perhaps complimentary drink vouchers?

Would you rate the hotel as luxury or more like a boutique hotel?
Originally Posted by jtwiz

Thanks all -- I know the area so not so concerned with that (spent 3 months living in London).

RI was very intriguing but from TA it seems like they've got an issue with smoke alarms from people cooking late night food and since this is a weekend stay that rules it out.

Looks like I'm back to Xenia vs. Marriott Kensington, may just go with the Marriott and hope that by July they've managed to make some progress on renovations and perhaps even have a renovated room available for a PPE staying on a combination of cash and 35k cert nights.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Looks like I'm back to Xenia vs. Marriott Kensington, may just go with the Marriott and hope that by July they've managed to make some progress on renovations and perhaps even have a renovated room available for a PPE staying on a combination of cash and 35k cert nights.
A complimentary upgrade in July is going to be difficult. Better pay for what you want to avoid disappointment. July in London is insanely busy.

Is there a particular reason you've chosen London in July? If you just want a quintessential English city experience you could get that with much less crowds in Durham and York, both of which have Marriott properties. The tourists in those cities don't start arriving until 10 a.m. and are generally gone by 5 p.m. In London, it's going to be 24/7 crazy.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A complimentary upgrade in July is going to be difficult. Better pay for what you want to avoid disappointment. July in London is insanely busy.

Is there a particular reason you've chosen London in July? If you just want a quintessential English city experience you could get that with much less crowds in Durham and York, both of which have Marriott properties. The tourists in those cities don't start arriving until 10 a.m. and are generally gone by 5 p.m. In London, it's going to be 24/7 crazy.
Yes celebrating parents round number birthdays. They chose the weekend so I've got to show up. Not really "tourist visiting" -- we've got some friends we'll catch up with during the day and then birthday dinner in Mayfair.

And wouldn't expect an upgrade just if they are doing reservations and their is a wing completed I find Marriott's will often put Plat/PPE in a renovated base room vs unrenovated base room as "upgrade" when no room category upgrades are available
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Agreed.

But unless I'm missing a property -- maybe the Marriott Park Lane -- the consensus has been that the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane and the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House have the best lounges.
id like to do the Sheraton grand on my next london stay. What makes the lounge so good?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Sheraton has relatively basic food, but it’s a very comfortable lounge with good service and is more than adequate for a snack and if you’re really aiming at saving money. For those of you really into lounges and with lots of status I think the Hilton Park Lane next door is better, but the hotel overall doesn’t compare with the Sheraton Grand.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Sheraton has relatively basic food, but it’s a very comfortable lounge with good service and is more than adequate for a snack and if you’re really aiming at saving money. For those of you really into lounges and with lots of status I think the Hilton Park Lane next door is better, but the hotel overall doesn’t compare with the Sheraton Grand.
blasphemy suggesting Hilton.

how are the rooms in terms of comfort and updates? I hate sheets as covers but love thick duvets. The Sheraton grand in Sydney had the best duvet I’ve ever seen in a hotel
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nuhusky

blasphemy suggesting Hilton.

how are the rooms in terms of comfort and updates? I hate sheets as covers but love thick duvets. The Sheraton grand in Sydney had the best duvet I’ve ever seen in a hotel
Stayed at the Hilton Park Lane for work at the tail end of 2017. Thought the lounge was very meh but the room was quite large for London and bed was comfortable it was also the end of a 4 night, 3 country road show so I was exhausted and would've slept on anything. Didn't really find it worth the cost (and wouldn't stay again unless company pays again). Conrad St James though is very nice.

Don't recall the duvet specifically -- but having just visited Sheraton Grand in October I put it on a higher level than the Hilton Park Lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.