Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
The Dixon is very close to the Belfast and Tower of London. Also very close to Burough Market and lots of public transportation options.

I prefer to stay somewhere in Kensington usually, but was happy with a recent work stay at the Dixon.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:50 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
stayed at the lhr moxy

very easy to access from the t3 transit center, then you cross the street

had a very hostel vibe, but instead of moldy smelling dorms it's a very nice compact room. it was clean, it was fine. i liked the hostel-y feel! can fill my bottle up with h2o and pander for buckets of ice downstairs while watching co-workers co-work and drunks play pingpong. i'm not being sarcastic, i like moxy's. and the price is right

for a one night stay as a plat i was upgraded to an exec which felt like a normal room, as i hear most rooms are very compact

and the price is right, 2 days before arrival i booked the room for 37 quid a night

i read somewhere here that some immigrant to london booked this place for 30 nights as it was cheaper than an air bnb or a lease for that amount. not a bad way to stay, location notwithstanding. but grocery next door
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by eventualpilot
My wife and I are going to be in London for 3 nights in May. We don't have any firm plans yet, but are hoping to visit HMS Belfast, Tower of London, Churchill War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye, and the British Museum.

We are considering St. Ermins, JW Marriott - Grosvenor House, and Sheraton Grand Park Lane. We don't have any specific requirements in terms of amenities. In an area with good restaurants/bars. Safe area that isn't too hectic/loud at night. Also open to other suggestions.
What the heck? I'll be going to London at that time as well, but for two nights and also looking at the same properties as you. The prices are off the charts!!! I wonder if I should book now or wait a bit to see if the prices come down?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
What the heck? I'll be going to London at that time as well, but for two nights and also looking at the same properties as you. The prices are off the charts!!! I wonder if I should book now or wait a bit to see if the prices come down?
Small world. I've been looking at prices for the past month or so and they've been relatively stable. Slight increase in Grosvenor House (7 GBP per night in past few days).

Last edited by eventualpilot; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:56 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Small world. I've been looking at prices for the past month or so and they've been relatively stable. Slight increase in Grosvenor House (6 GBP per night in past few days).
Man, that's not good news, but I think I'm going to wait. That's some serious change for a hotel...even in London! It sure makes Hong Kong and Sydney look like bargains right now. LOL!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
My wife and I are going to be in London for 3 nights in May. We don't have any firm plans yet, but are hoping to visit HMS Belfast, Tower of London, Churchill War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye, and the British Museum.

We are considering St. Ermins, JW Marriott - Grosvenor House, and Sheraton Grand Park Lane. We don't have any specific requirements in terms of amenities. In an area with good restaurants/bars. Safe area that isn't too hectic/loud at night. Also open to other suggestions.
We regularly stay at St. Ermins which has a wonderful "British" atmosphere and it fits your requirements of not being hectic or loud, is safe area with restaurants/bars nearby (although the Albert is not what it once was, imo.) It takes less that a minute to walk to the Underground station -- St. James -- and Westminster is not too far, either.

It's been more than 10 years since we stayed at the Sheraton Park Lane and at the time the room was an older style but still was very comfortable and with a great location for walking down Piccadilly for shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Really close to everything, and you might think the area is hectic but once in your room, all is quiet.

We also will be in London in May and we noticed the prices were pretty high. Originally we booked JW Grosvenor House but I recently decided to use some points and go back to St. Ermin's. Maybe my suite request will come through, fingers crossed.
unclepants likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: United 1P
What is the upgrade cost from a Barlow Wing to a large suite in the Chamber side? We are planning to use points for booking a Barlow room. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:17 pm

How does the executive lounge at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House compare to the club lounge at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Bit of a dilemma, hoping for some advice.

Scenario: me and 2 other guys (late 20s, all good friends) need 1 night in London. I'm trying to use my 40k free night cert. Friday night in March 2020. Titanium status. 2 of the guys don't mind sharing a queen size or above bed.

At the Bankside Hotel Autograph Collection, there's availability for Generous Guest Room, 2 queen, 40K points + 100 GBP. However, tried to book this and the agent says the certificate can't be used for a "premium" room. Has to be used for rooms that are 40K points only, and not additional $. (I'm tempted to call again and see if they can't manually override, but no luck with the first agent).

At the Bankside, I could book modest guest room (1 king) for 40K, using the certificate...and hope for an upgrade. Anyone have a sense of the upgrade probability at this property, from previous stays. I know this isn't a sound methodology, but just seeing what folks' experience is here. There seem to be both upgraded 1 king + sofa bed rooms, and 2 queen rooms that would in theory be available. If an upgrade didn't come through, would kind of be screwed.

Not against any of the properties in London where I could use my 40k cert, but it's almost impossible to find 2 queen beds (or King + sofa bed) based on my search. My last resort would be not using the cert and changing the stay strategy. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Book the room with cert then contact the hotel for a price on an upgrade, so there’s no wondering if it will happen.

if they don’t oblige or it’s too much you can always cancel?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
second call, different agent got it sorted out. will chalk that one up as a win
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Man, that's not good news, but I think I'm going to wait. That's some serious change for a hotel...even in London! It sure makes Hong Kong and Sydney look like bargains right now. LOL!
Grosvenor House up an additional 10 GBP per night.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:27 pm

Going to be in town for 4 nights. I can either book the Luxury Room at Westbury Mayfair (323sq ft) or the Guest Room at the Edition (237sq ft) for roughly the same price. I'm only Gold, so elite benefits aren't a concern.
From reading the comments, it seems that the reviews for the Edition are much more favorable. The aesthetic of the Edition is also more my style, however the room at the Westbury Mayfair is 100sq ft larger. The 2 hotels are only 0.6 miles away from one another according to Google Maps, so not a huge difference location wise.
Which would you recommend?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by patriotPHL1
second call, different agent got it sorted out. will chalk that one up as a win
Trying to do the same with my 35k certificate and add £ to be in the club level, but the online chat agent said free night certificate is only applicable to base room and cash upgrade is not allowed. Maybe I should call in.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've got a similar question to a poster above and would appreciate recommendations. I got some BRGs for 2 nights in August and need to decide between Edition with breakfast (285GBP per night for entry level room) or Renaissance St. Pancreas (235GBP per night for Chambers Club Junior Suite). As I'll be taking Eurostar after and having previously tried Great Northern, I think I should try Renaissance, especially for that price. Advice please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.