Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Beijing Chaoyang, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Westin Beijing Chaoyang, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Great Plat upgrade treatment here: upgrade to a two room suite and lots of nice extra touches by the rooms manager, including making drinks/snacks available to us around 9pm after lounge service was completed, due to late checkin.

Really great responsiveness and attention from the Rooms Manager.

Also, nice that the hotel is located so close to the airport: taxi cost just RMB 56 and took about 23 mins.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
love this place for the lounge alone. One of the best 5 in the world I have stayed at. The Grosvenor House in Dubai and this one are really my top 2 for lounges.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Any updates for 2017? Commute times to Zhongguancun?

Any updates in 2017? How does this compare to the Sheraton Dongcheng?

I have a 6 night stay on work with most of the day spent at the Zhongguancun Software Park in Haidian outside the 5th ring in the northwest corner of Beijing.

I have stayed at the Sheraton Dongcheng in the past and found the daily commute bearable. Would staying here make the commute worse or better to Zhongguancun?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Bump.

@moondog any reactions on commute times from Westin Chaoyang to Zhongguancun/Haidian?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Alaska
Anyone stayed here after the merger?

How is breakfast in lounge or restaurant?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
Anyone stayed here after the merger?

How is breakfast in lounge or restaurant?

Thanks.
The breakfast for elites is in the lounge. It is just ok I'd say. Nothing to kick start your day in style but a few bites that can see you through till lunch. This is my experience from a stay earlier this month.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by funkbandit
The breakfast for elites is in the lounge. It is just ok I'd say. Nothing to kick start your day in style but a few bites that can see you through till lunch. This is my experience from a stay earlier this month.
For Westin with a club lounge, you can have breakfast in the lounge. You also can choose breakfast in restaurant as welcome gift.

What did you choose as welcome gift if you don't mind me asking?

I will stay a few days, think breakfast in restaurant should be more worth of it.

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
For Westin with a club lounge, you can have breakfast in the lounge. You also can choose breakfast in restaurant as welcome gift.

What did you choose as welcome gift if you don't mind me asking?

I will stay a few days, think breakfast in restaurant should be more worth of it.

Thanks.
I believe that I chose the points. I was there for one night only and had an early start to the day so breakfast wasn't my top priority.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by funkbandit
I believe that I chose the points. I was there for one night only and had an early start to the day so breakfast wasn't my top priority.
Thanks for all the information.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:00 am

Completed my stay here in May.

Breakfast can be had either in lounge or in restaurant for platinum.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:23 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
I stayed here recently for 6 nights. Breakfast can be had in the lounge or restaurant for platinum. The restaurant offers a wider selection including local dishes. The lounge offers afternoon tea between 3 and 5pm, dinner between 6-8pm and alcohol between 6-9pm. The afternoon tea food was just ok. Dinner quality varies. The lounge has a nice view and is a great place to hangout regardless. I used SNA and was upgraded to a Executive Renewal suite on the 16th floor. I'd be happy to stay here in the future.
Jiatong, YariGuy, Alawyer and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
echo this

Originally Posted by m.y
I stayed here recently for 6 nights. Breakfast can be had in the lounge or restaurant for platinum. The restaurant offers a wider selection including local dishes. The lounge offers afternoon tea between 3 and 5pm, dinner between 6-8pm and alcohol between 6-9pm. The afternoon tea food was just ok. Dinner quality varies. The lounge has a nice view and is a great place to hangout regardless. I used SNA and was upgraded to a Executive Renewal suite on the 16th floor. I'd be happy to stay here in the future.
Echo this post, Stayed here 2 days after mid-autumn festival in October on a weekend. Lounge (on 34th floor) offered afternoon tea from noon to 5 pm, great assortment of fruit, cheese, cakes, and small sandwiches.
The restaurant/bar would not take my marriott AMEX, but the Chase Bonvoy Visa was accepted. OH, they have some of CNBC shows from US live, including "Sunday" night football on Monday morning!
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by Jiatong; Oct 7, 2023 at 3:04 am Reason: splng

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.