FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/809799-ritz-carlton-tokyo-japan-master-thread.html)

tush17 Oct 1, 2018 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cyb2888 (Post 30265160)
Question about post merger...I know last year the RC Tokyo provided free breakfast even though they weren't required to. Has anyone gone back since the merger and do they still offer it? I have 3 nights for 3 rooms at the end of the year on points (at least the 60k for a $1500 USD per night rate is okay) and I was curious if they have kept this benefit.

I'll be there over new years as well and hoping to know this as well. Will also be at the RC in Kyoto afterwards and wondering how they handle it.

BonViveur Oct 5, 2018 11:28 pm

Question about post merger...I know last year the RC Tokyo provided free breakfast even though they weren't required to. Has anyone gone back since the merger and do they still offer it? I have 3 nights for 3 rooms at the end of the year on points (at least the 60k for a $1500 USD per night rate is okay) and I was curious if they have kept this benefit.

I'm staying at RC Kyoto and Tokyo in December. I asked my ambassador to confirm the breakfast benefit.
The responses were:
- Kyoto - breakfast offered to PPE (sorry, I don't know about PE)
- Tokyo - no breakfast benefit. Breakfast is JPY5000pp but if I prebook they'll offer a 25% discount. Due to the hotel's location, so close to so many food options, I'm happy to go downstairs and save a few hundred dollars.

happyvoid Oct 9, 2018 2:31 am

Originally Posted by kkl (Post 28270469)
Normally plat doesn't mean much at RC.

Got lucky with the upgrade and free breakfast

i got upgradeded to club floor but how do you get free breakfast did you ask

kkl Oct 9, 2018 3:06 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid (Post 30294653)

i got upgradeded to club floor but how do you get free breakfast did you ask

I meant the posted got lucky.

Im a Pp visiting in sakura season will report if any special perks

windsnob Oct 29, 2018 9:27 am

Can anyone elaborate on what the breakfast options are in and around the hotel and the cost? I have a stay booked with points in Dec., but with no breakfast perk for PE and no more points upgrade to club level, I'm considering other options now. I'm guessing the buffet breakfast in the Towers restaurant is pretty pricey.

taliesin Oct 29, 2018 10:08 am

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller (Post 30227653)
I think it's around 55,000 JPY additional cash upgrade to a points reservation... This is after August 18.

So sad no more 20k points upgrade.

I ended up emailing the hotel, and indeed they do not offer a points upgrade option, but they did offer to upgrade for 20000 JPY/night. Maybe not strictly speaking worth it, but at least for my dates it was much less than the cash price difference of the club level room. (I took the offer.)

Aventine Oct 30, 2018 10:41 am

Originally Posted by windsnob (Post 30368651)
Can anyone elaborate on what the breakfast options are in and around the hotel and the cost? I have a stay booked with points in Dec., but with no breakfast perk for PE and no more points upgrade to club level, I'm considering other options now. I'm guessing the buffet breakfast in the Towers restaurant is pretty pricey.

Cafes or coffee shops in the Tokyo Midtown complex or a Starbucks Reserve that opens at 7am.

taliesin Oct 31, 2018 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 30373282)
Cafes or coffee shops in the Tokyo Midtown complex or a Starbucks Reserve that opens at 7am.

FTR Tokyo Midtown is not open in the morning. It opens at 11 AM. I found this odd, but there were a couple of times when we tried to take our usual route to the subway and were tripped up by the fact that we couldn't get into the mall.

Aventine Nov 3, 2018 12:42 am

Originally Posted by taliesin (Post 30375987)
FTR Tokyo Midtown is not open in the morning. It opens at 11 AM. I found this odd, but there were a couple of times when we tried to take our usual route to the subway and were tripped up by the fact that we couldn't get into the mall.

I know that Starbucks opens at 7 because I've had breakfast and coffee there but you have to take the long way around to get there.

kaizen7 Nov 3, 2018 4:09 am

Does RC Tokyo have easy access to Metro station ?

Currently still deciding between RC Tokyo or The Prince Gallery Tokyo for stay in January.
Stayed at The Prince Gallery before and really pleased with the stays.

taliesin Nov 6, 2018 12:29 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 30387800)

Currently still deciding between RC Tokyo or The Prince Gallery Tokyo for stay in January.

It is about a five- or ten-minute walk to the Metro, depending on which line you're taking. As I alluded to above, in the morning it takes slightly longer because you can't walk through the mall to reach the train stations. I felt the access to transit was quite good, but I've never been to the Prince Gallery so I can't give you a comparison.

Aventine Nov 6, 2018 6:46 pm

Easy access during mall hours but more of a walk during the early and late hours. The RC is a little more high end and opulent than the Prince Gallery. Much different location as well.

anchor79 Nov 6, 2018 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by tush17 (Post 30266571)
I'll be there over new years as well and hoping to know this as well. Will also be at the RC in Kyoto afterwards and wondering how they handle it.

I will be there by Christmas!

TennisNoob Nov 7, 2018 10:28 am

I stayed here in Feb (premerger this yr) and Sept (Post merger this yr) no breakfast in both cases. (Was Plat 75 at both of those stays)
No suite/club room upgrades which is pretty typical in Japan.

Prince gallery seems a bit inconvenient and at the other side. Tokyo Midtown is in a better location. Metro is very easy access with a direct entrance from the mall. It can be a bit confusing at first but after a few runs you'll remember.

zack14 Nov 7, 2018 10:18 pm

cool.