FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/809799-ritz-carlton-tokyo-japan-master-thread.html)

Tajador Aug 24, 2023 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35525958)
I can confirm that's been my experience all week in Tokyo. I was upgraded at check-in, but when I requested a 4 PM check out everything changed. I can only get the late checkout with the lower category room or if I want a bigger room then it's a 1 PM checkout.

Just want with you that Ritz doesn't honor Titanium Elite late checkout and it is totally a YMMV?

4 pm was guaranteed, at least with my non-suite upgrade. The 6pm one was YMMV should you want a later checkout than 4pm. My prior stay at the Mesm also had guaranteed 4pm checkout after getting upgraded to a room with balcony.

lsquare Sep 8, 2023 8:06 am

As a Titanium Elite, is there a good chance that I can get an early check-in?

hailstorm Sep 8, 2023 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35563425)
As a Titanium Elite, is there a good chance that I can get an early check-in?

I got an early check-in as a Gold. But that was last year, and I imagine the property is a lot busier now.

lsquare Sep 19, 2023 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tajador (Post 35482696)
Just checked in today. Titanium and Ambassador get to choose free breakfast as a welcome gift. Other options include spa discounts and more points compared to the default 1k points.

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast (Post 35482794)
That's a great improvement - it was just a 3000 JPY discount on my stay in January.

I know my question was answered earlier, but ElevatorEnthusiast's review got me worried. I'm back at the AC Hotel Ginza and I need a room tonight. I just called RC Tokyo and the gentleman confirmed and assured me I'lll get a free breakfast tomorrow plus he'll honor my 4 PM checkout request. I said I can't leave any earlier. I said ok and I'm going to book. Just look for my name. Hopefully everything will go smoothly later tonight. It's currently 7:38 AM Tokyo time. Will update again in about 10 hours.

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 35564573)
I got an early check-in as a Gold. But that was last year, and I imagine the property is a lot busier now.

I flew AA169 again and got to landside shortly before 5 AM. I called the day before and the rep said not possible. AC Hotel Ginza also couldn't accommodate me, but told me I can hang out at the lobby. I basically hang out at the AC Hotel and walk around Ginza until noon. I guess noon is still an early check-in?

mongobot Dec 2, 2023 9:15 pm

I stayed at this property last week for a few nights. I was kind of surprised to see that an airline appears to have a contract for their crew here.
I didn't recognize the carrier based on the uniforms but seemed like it was US based. Pretty nice perk for them!

kath00 Feb 11, 2024 11:22 pm

Hello all,

We are staying 3n at the Ritz Tokyo in late March prior to a cruise. My son just informed me that he would like to come join us (he is studying in Kyoto) for those 3n. He is 17 (and small, lol). What are the odds that we can have him stay in our room? He has a hiking sleeping mattress (one of those super small/thin ones). We have a king bed room (and hoping for an upgrade as Titanium Elite).

Any thoughts? I am sure this would not be "sancioned" as official ok with the hotel but could he just come up with us to the room and sleep there?

bocastephen Feb 12, 2024 12:21 am

Originally Posted by kath00 (Post 35991398)
Hello all,

We are staying 3n at the Ritz Tokyo in late March prior to a cruise. My son just informed me that he would like to come join us (he is studying in Kyoto) for those 3n. He is 17 (and small, lol). What are the odds that we can have him stay in our room? He has a hiking sleeping mattress (one of those super small/thin ones). We have a king bed room (and hoping for an upgrade as Titanium Elite).

Any thoughts? I am sure this would not be "sanctioned" as official ok with the hotel but could he just come up with us to the room and sleep there?

Technically no - but is anyone going to check? Probably not unless it's obvious. Just make sure the mattress and sleeping bag are hidden during maid service, or better yet, why not book two double beds so he can stay in his own bed?

hailstorm Feb 12, 2024 12:23 am

Hello all,

Any thoughts? I am sure this would not be "sancioned" as official ok with the hotel but could he just come up with us to the room and sleep there?

There was an extra person charge of 20340 yen per night when last I stayed with 3 in the room. This is the case even for a points reservation. That's the way that this is "sanctioned" by the hotel.

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 35991463)
Technically no - but is anyone going to check? Probably not unless it's obvious.

It's the Ritz Carlton. There is no way to make a clandestine entrance to the guest elevator, the only way to access the rooms. Over the course of a three night stay, they will surely know.

williamluk Feb 12, 2024 2:59 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 35991467)
There was an extra person charge of 20340 yen per night when last I stayed with 3 in the room. This is the case even for a points reservation. That's the way that this is "sanctioned" by the hotel.

Ritz Carlton Tokyo is probably one of the few luxury dying breeds in Tokyo which actually charge different rates for single and double occupancy (at least among international chains). Not surprised they will charge even more for a third person.

BillBurn Feb 12, 2024 7:40 am

You are better off just paying for a third person rollaway (which looks like 23,200 yen/night). If the hotel discovers that you have an undeclared extra occupant, which they likely will due to the constant security at the lobby elevators (which is the second set of elevators you have to traverse), it will be a major deal, much more so than in the US. Not only is closely following the rules important in general in Japan, but I believe there is actually a small per person tax (200 yen) that they have to charge as well, so they pay careful attention to the number of people in your party.

williamluk Feb 12, 2024 8:55 am

Originally Posted by BillBurn (Post 35992081)
You are better off just paying for a third person rollaway (which looks like 23,200 yen/night). If the hotel discovers that you have an undeclared extra occupant, which they likely will due to the constant security at the lobby elevators (which is the second set of elevators you have to traverse), it will be a major deal, much more so than in the US. Not only is closely following the rules important in general in Japan, but I believe there is actually a small per person tax (200 yen) that they have to charge as well, so they pay careful attention to the number of people in your party.

Actually this may be technically illegal. Hotels in Japan are required by law to check the identities of all their non-resident foreign guests and keep a copy of their passports in case of police inspection (extremely rare). I am not sure what will be the consequences in a .... hit the fan scenario …….

hailstorm Feb 12, 2024 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by williamluk (Post 35992298)
Actually this may be technically illegal. Hotels in Japan are required by law to check the identities of all their non-resident foreign guests

The son of the poster is a student in Japan, so is technically a resident.

kath00 Feb 21, 2024 10:00 pm

Problem solved -- my daughter decided she would like to come with us too. So we got a second room.

Does anyone have an email to the Ritz concierge so I can ask for some tour help and setup for transportation, etc. TY all for the help!

williamluk Feb 22, 2024 2:39 am

Originally Posted by kath00 (Post 36020211)
Does anyone have an email to the Ritz concierge so I can ask for some tour help and setup for transportation, etc. TY all for the help!

[email protected]

randomasian Apr 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Has anyone ever used a Nightly Upgrade Award here? I see that when paying full price for a suite, you'd get club access but this isn't explicitly written when selecting suites with a Nightly Upgrade Award.
So does that mean you could get an upgrade to a suite but without the club lounge access? Or is this simply an omission on the site and people using nightly upgrade awards will also have access to the club?