Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by helvetic
There's a new LC property in BKK? Anyone know much about it?
Indeed there will be - the Plaza Athénée is being repositioned from a Le [Royal] Méridien property to a Luxury Collection hotel sometime around October.

khabah
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by UASPG
Hopefully, that's not the case, as rates are going up at the PA due to their upcoming Luxury Collection branding.

Now, that's the plan, but the prices will have to adapt to the market and the occupancy.

Talking about the rates at both properties, the HM at the LMBKK used to be the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Plaza.
I agree with you but Thai logic doesn't compute with it .
In Thai logic , when demand goes down , you raise prices .
barracuda93 and Srisarin like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Lament
I agree with you but Thai logic doesn't compute with it .
In Thai logic , when demand goes down , you raise prices .
It has been a few years since PA went up a category and raised prices but the consequence is that every time I have wanted to stay there I found a BRG and got a rate below 4000. I have never found a BRG for LM, they tend to price themselves at a correct level though I have sometimes picked up a pretty good rate there.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by geminidreams
It has been a few years since PA went up a category and raised prices but the consequence is that every time I have wanted to stay there I found a BRG and got a rate below 4000. I have never found a BRG for LM, they tend to price themselves at a correct level though I have sometimes picked up a pretty good rate there.
You inspired me to search for a BRG for the PA yesterday. And this morning I got it. ฿3,736++ a night now. Thank you.

I agree that I've never found a BRG at LM and it's usually priced correctly. Indeed I'm back the weekend after next on my usual rate ฿3990++ for which I will greatly enjoy Creative Hour, sparkling at breakfast and a suite on a high floor. I love it here. Just not for ฿6k++.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard
You inspired me to search for a BRG for the PA yesterday. And this morning I got it. ฿3,736++ a night now. Thank you.

I agree that I've never found a BRG at LM and it's usually priced correctly. Indeed I'm back the weekend after next on my usual rate ฿3990++ for which I will greatly enjoy Creative Hour, sparkling at breakfast and a suite on a high floor. I love it here. Just not for ฿6k++.
Yes I like it also as long as I am in a suite. The standard rooms are not so nice in which case I would prefer PA, SGS or Westin. If it were just a bit closer to the BTS.

Glad you found a good BRG on the PA. They do kid themselves a bit with the pricing. Same with ROS, W and Westin.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Apparently, the Hotel Manager is no longer there. I believe that he is now GM at the Four Points on Sukhumvit.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by UASPG
Apparently, the Hotel Manager is no longer there. I believe that he is now GM at the Four Points on Sukhumvit.
Correct. We were there last weekend. HM is gone to FP.

We met the new manager. He’s from the Le Meridien Angkor and this seems to be a temporary assignment as part of a Task Force. Hotels have same owner. Very nice guy. Came to say hello during Creative Hour. Visible at breakfast and when we checked out. Came up with a solution to an issue I have with basic rates escalating when they have weekend functions. Think the hotel is in the right hands.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
First time in Bangkok and staying at the hotel until today. Only did one creative hour, wish the food offering were a bit better, but breakfast was excellent. Offered some prosecco with my coffee for breakfast which was interesting, did see a couple takers. Like that you can order real coconuts. Overall very nice staff all around and the rooms are quite nice

Wish I could fix the rain all the time though... And knew that the Grand Palace would be closed until the cremation ceremony.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by alphaod
And knew that the Grand Palace would be closed until the cremation ceremony.
It had been mentioned twice in the Thailand forum.

Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion starting with post 955.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28844487-post16.html

Might be a good resource to peruse prior to your next trip.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by dsquared37
It had been mentioned twice in the Thailand forum.

Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion starting with post 955.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28844487-post16.html

Might be a good resource to peruse prior to your next trip.
Honestly it's my own fault. I really don't plan out trips very well unless it's for work. I literally decided day before I wanted to go to Bangkok Anyways I had a good time, and also experienced a memorable a hour wait for a traffic light that never seemed to have turned green... and amazingly nobody honked or anything at all.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ftrichard
We met the new manager. He’s from the Le Meridien Angkor and this seems to be a temporary assignment as part of a Task Force. Hotels have same owner. Very nice guy. Came to say hello during Creative Hour. Visible at breakfast and when we checked out. Came up with a solution to an issue I have with basic rates escalating when they have weekend functions. Think the hotel is in the right hands.
These are all good signs. The last one (Mr. Humbert?) turned his back on me and walked away when I walked up to one of the FD podiums to check in, and kept to himself when I saw him eating breakfast; he spoke to no one.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Christian Humbert was actually the General Manager. He left the hotel more than a year and a half ago. It is the Hotel Manager that left recently to head the Four Points on Sukhumvit.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
These are all good signs. The last one (Mr. Humbert?) turned his back on me and walked away when I walked up to one of the FD podiums to check in, and kept to himself when I saw him eating breakfast; he spoke to no one.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:02 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
What's the difference between a General Manager and a Hotel Manager? (I guess GM is the big boss)
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Had a brief transit stop here last night on the way to Chiang Mai. Original plan was to stay at the airport but it was actually cheaper to stay here even including using the hotel car for a transfer in both directions.

Very solid hotel upgraded to an Aventic Suite on the 22nd floor. Nice size, good use of space and in very good condition. Plenty of various welcome amenities in the form of tasty empty calories.

Also had some room service which was surprising really nice. Couldn’t be bothered trying the Bamboo Lounge but the platinum included breakfast was quite good. Also met the acting General Manager who was doing the rounds at breakfast.

Given how cheap hotels are in Bangkok I still think the St Regis is a better option for a longer stay - but this is a great hotel for the price point.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Don’t know the basis of your statement, but I wouldn’t stay here if it were the only hotel in the City.

Originally Posted by chad75
Given how cheap hotels are in Bangkok I still think the St Regis is a better option for a longer stay -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.