Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Earlier possible as well? I assume they leave a card at the bed the evening before to order the breakfast.
I'm not sure, but probably. I did contact them before arrival to arrange a pick up at the airport and they were very responsive. Why not send an email and ask?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by floridagal23
I'm not sure, but probably. I did contact them before arrival to arrange a pick up at the airport and they were very responsive. Why not send an email and ask?
How much was the pickup? And how did it compare with taking a taxi?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
How much was the pickup? And how did it compare with taking a taxi?
LM BKK pickup is 2300 baht. Taxis (small cars) at the basement should be less than 500 baht. AOTS limo is cheaper than hotel limo, uses big car like hotel limo.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:32 am

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Dendrite
LM BKK pickup is 2300 baht. Taxis (small cars) at the basement should be less than 500 baht. AOTS limo is cheaper than hotel limo, uses big car like hotel limo.
LM uses E-Class Mercedes for 2300++, AOT 1200ai for a Camry, right?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by remymartin
LM uses E-Class Mercedes for 2300++, AOT 1200ai for a Camry, right?
LM also has S Class Mercedes but I'm not sure how much it is

AOT has Camry for 1100, E Class Benz for 1600 and BMW 7 Series for 2200
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by Lobster
LM also has S Class Mercedes but I'm not sure how much it is

AOT has Camry for 1100, E Class Benz for 1600 and BMW 7 Series for 2200
Thanks Lobster, that would be helpful to all. I have forgotten AOT limo price.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
SGS and PA charged 2700++ for MB S or BMW 7 last year. No doubt prices have gone up a bit.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kudroz
Anyone stayed here in the past 2 weeks and can comment on the croissant and overall quality of the breakfast? Planning to go back next month but might not if F&B is still subpar since the change in management.
The breakfast still undergoes changes. With the new waves of 'End of year' / Christmas guests flowing in, again a few (minor) changes came. The croissants though are still not good and mostly hard and inedible. A few days ago I was lucky and snatched (a good) one after it was just brought in and still somewhat warm. Despite that it was neither really soft (just a tad) nor good. I tried the second half after a few minutes and it was already hard. It is a complete riddle to me how they achieve that. In France you can buy croissants, even hours after they were made, still soft in the inside and delicious.

The soup counter also changed. I have not yet a definite opinion about that, since I usually only eat a rice soup in the morning, which is next to the Japanese food. My girlfriend tried that soup a few times and was 50% happy/unhappy with it.

On the bright side, they did offer last week the crab meat curry in the small pots for breakfast, which are shortly heated in the big pizza oven. I had that at dinner buffet before and was quite pleased with it... it is a little heavy for breakfast though - at least for my taste. Other people seem to enjoy it.

I miss a lot the small Chinese fried dough thingies... I have no idea how to call them. They used to do them fresh a few times every morning.

The coffee latte & cappuccino are still not 'correctly done' when it comes to the milk foam but delicious IMO anyway. The Illy coffee is of amazing quality. Only sometimes the coffee tends to get kinda bitter. But that is usually a glitch.

Also the herbal and green teas are of surprisingly great quality and worth a try. Chamomile and Peppermint tea are rarely a breakfast choice but IMO superior to most black teas.

Enjoy your upcoming stay! I left the LM BKK for three nights to the LM Chiang Mai and suffer from the lousy breakfast quality here in nearly every sense. I am happy to return tomorrow.

Also I would not call the breakfast 'subpar'. Yes, I feel there are things that need to be fixed and wish that desperately. But despite my issues with the LM breakfast, I still prefer it to most other breakfasts of BKK SPG properties. It is maybe on par with the SGS and sometimes PA (downstairs) but superior to the others, incl. St.Regis and W.

In this regard it comes to mind that everybody values breakfast items differently. IMO US/UK people have very very different standards from European and even more so Asians. From my experience and in very bad generalization (sorry) I would argue Americans love the SGS more while Europeans and Japanese feel better in the LM, Chinese love the W (if not any food that is free and all you can eat)... hit me when you feel misjudged.

Last edited by FoodieOnTour; Dec 18, 2013 at 8:41 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FoodieOnTour
In this regard it comes to mind that everybody values breakfast items differently. IMO US/UK people have very very different standards from European and even more so Asians. From my experience and in very bad generalization (sorry) I would argue Americans love the SGS more while Europeans and Japanese feel better in the LM, Chinese love the W (if not any food that is free and all you can eat)... hit me when you feel misjudged.
The US has a "breakfast standard"??
I was shocked when I moved from Europe to the US to find out that in so-callled 5* properties "Continental Breakfast" consisted of chemical orange juice, make-your-own-waffle, and hard cinnamon bagels. Sorry, but you cannot compare this to high quality German crisp breads or French croissants with real butter.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
The US has a "breakfast standard"??
I was shocked when I moved from Europe to the US to find out that in so-callled 5* properties "Continental Breakfast" consisted of chemical orange juice, make-your-own-waffle, and hard cinnamon bagels. Sorry, but you cannot compare this to high quality German crisp breads or French croissants with real butter.
This conclusion is spot on. And yes, the butter is also something that needs to be improved in the LM (and pretty much everywhere).
That topic was covered two years ago in here: http://foodieontour.com/2011/11/brea...er-in-bangkok/

I desperately miss a good croissant of french or italian (cornetto) standards for breakfast... (do I use 'standard' wrong in this context?)
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FoodieOnTour
It is a complete riddle to me how they achieve that. In France you can buy croissants, even hours after they were made, still soft in the inside and delicious.
Keep in mind that the type of ingredients might be the culprit here as well. Starting with the water, flour, butter... you name it!

I try to cook european dishes at home that I did hundreds of times before and even though I use imported ingredients from Gourmet Market and Bottled Water. It just isn't the same.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Anyone stayed here in the past 2 weeks and can comment on the croissant and overall quality of the breakfast? Planning to go back next month but might not if F&B is still subpar since the change in management.
Do not have high expectation on the quality of the croissants: it is outsourced, as I believe that their oven is too small to make them in house.
The new GM will only start beginning of January and the croissants have not changed from the previous Director of F&B to the new one.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:25 pm

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I haven't been to the LM Chiang Rai since Renault has left for the Sheraton Surabaya....
You're perhaps confusing Monsieur Mahé with a subpar automobile, though they look nothing alike.

The former F&B Manager at LMCR is Renaud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.