Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Stay credits for only one room, but points for both.

Originally Posted by hackensacknj
With two separate res numbers but with my MR number on both and both in my name, I occupied and paid for two rooms each for 3 nights Labor Day weekend. So far, I only see 3 room night posted for elite status. Is that all I will receive or should two paid rooms for 3 nights earn 6 room nights for elite status?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
With two separate res numbers but with my MR number on both and both in my name, I occupied and paid for two rooms each for 3 nights Labor Day weekend. So far, I only see 3 room night posted for elite status. Is that all I will receive or should two paid rooms for 3 nights earn 6 room nights for elite status?

Thanks!
Make sure that you get the points for the 2nd room. I have still not received points for a 2nd room with a August 26th checkout and finally requested the points on Sunday. You don't have to pay for the 2nd room, just have your account number on the reservation (doesn't have to be in your name either).
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:56 pm
Suspended

have to disagree based on -

7.Point or elite night credit accrual is limited to individual travel and the room must be paid for individually by the Member or direct billed to the party responsible for paying the bill. If the room is master-billed, the charges are not eligible for Points or elite night credits
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
............ You don't have to pay for the 2nd room, just have your account number on the reservation (doesn't have to be in your name either).

Last edited by leeky; Sep 20, 2015 at 11:02 pm
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Mistakes can and do happen. So is it possible to receive extra night credits for multiple rooms? As leeky points out, technically, the member should be the one paying for those rooms. But again, you might might luck out and get the extra points. Just don't assume it will happen and if it does, great. If it doesn't happen, you weren't expecting it anyway.

Note that over the years, I have seen "mistakes" occur more often in certain situations over others. For example, I've been more likely to receive extra night credits when booking multiple rooms at non-FS hotels. FS hotels seem to make that mistake less often.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:21 am

Thanks!
One three night stay is what you have earned, in regard to maintaining or achieving elite status. You should receive $$ point credit for both rooms.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:11 am

For my last four reservations with two rooms I have only received points for 1 room. Had to email / call about the 2nd room on each. Pain. But yes what was written up-thread.... only one elite night regardless of # of rooms.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by UKOK
For my last four reservations with two rooms I have only received points for 1 room. Had to email / call about the 2nd room on each. Pain. But yes what was written up-thread.... only one elite night regardless of # of rooms.
Did you put both on one bill?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Similar question as a Plat.

Heading to London with my parents next summer, ideally we'd book 2 rooms and all 3 of us would get lounge access (primarily for free breakfast). Is this likely?

I assume that if we get one big room, only 2 of us technically will be allowed access unless we book a suite level room that is already on the Executive Floor?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I regularly book multiple rooms for family and friends and outside USA have they have ALWAYS received lounge access. Once I had 5 rooms booked and they all received lounge access, though I was the only Plat. All rooms were of course booked in my name
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:30 pm

Thanks for Your Comments

I did get points for both rooms (though it took 10 calendar days to post). Only received elite nights for one of the rooms.

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I regularly book multiple rooms for family and friends and outside USA have they have ALWAYS received lounge access. Once I had 5 rooms booked and they all received lounge access, though I was the only Plat. All rooms were of course booked in my name
Am MR Gold and Want to book a MR property with multiple rooms.. Thing is my friends in those rooms will check in couple of days before me. Is there anyway I can book in my name and get them Gold benefits ?
So something like 2 rooms for 5 nights from 20-25th and another room for 5 nights from 22nd - 27th.
I guess I can call the hotel and check since it will be about 15 room nights in end december (low season) for them and current availability seems high ?

Am aware that checking in together, there are much higher chances of getting similar Gold benefits in all rooms.

They are already booked in another chain and trying to see possibility of staying in same property if possible ..

Any experience anyone ?

Thanks, A

Last edited by abhilife2001; Nov 17, 2015 at 2:00 am
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:24 am
Suspended

the T&Cs say 1+1, so technically, no, but ya never know

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Am MR Gold and Want to book a MR property with multiple rooms.. Thing is my friends in those rooms will check in couple of days before me. Is there anyway I can book in my name and get them Gold benefits ?
So something like 2 rooms for 5 nights from 20-25th and another room for 5 nights from 22nd - 27th.
I guess I can call the hotel and check since it will be about 15 room nights in end december (low season) for them and current availability seems high ?

Am aware that checking in together, there are much higher chances of getting similar Gold benefits in all rooms.

They are already booked in another chain and trying to see possibility of staying in same property if possible ..

Any experience anyone ?

Thanks, A
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by leeky
the T&Cs say 1+1, so technically, no, but ya never know
Thanks for the reply.. am aware of that and also that if we check in together, then high probability of getting benefits for both rooms.

But here, one room will checkin couple of days earlier and that is the challenge
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:25 am
Suspended

even if you were all checking in together you're still limited to 1+1 if the hotel follows the rules, but again who knows, but since the non elite checking in a few days before you actually there's NO reason for the prop to extend the non-elite benefits which are ONLY due to you.

and I disagree with your high probability comment

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Thanks for the reply.. am aware of that and also that if we check in together, then high probability of getting benefits for both rooms.

But here, one room will checkin couple of days earlier and that is the challenge
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Getting points for multiple room/event booking

I have a question I am wondering if Marriott gurus can help me with.

I will be having a wedding ceremony in India in March and we decided to book a block of rooms for our out of town guests as well as the banquet hall for the evening event at the Courtyard Marriott.

My mother signed the contract, but since I will be paying for the bulk of it, I am wondering whether it is worth my while to be added to it, to get agent booking points (if there is such a thing).

I currently have Gold and will qualify for Gold next year. I am not sure what Marriott's policy is on awarding these points for those booking. For reference, we will have at least 20 rooms for a minimum of 2 nights.

Is it worth any effort to contact the hotel to see if they are willing to add my name/MR number to the contract so that I might get the Reward points.

If it is, then I imagine it will take me far towards PLT qualification for the next year!

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.