Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I stay here a few times a year for work. It's not the greatest place in the world but it's certainly not the worst. It's your typical side-of-the-highway Sheraton. All rooms I've been in have been fine.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Dec 13 Update.... Just stayed here last week and all was fine. Club Floor room was clean and comfortable. I did not see the signs of wear & tear that were previously mentioned. Check-in was fast and very friendly. Club lounge for AM breakfast was a pleasant surprise. A little above average. Eggs, bacon, and LOTS of fresh fruit.

Maybe I'm getting lucky with the rooms but this place is fine for me for a business hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question recent stays?

Any FTs with recent stays/reviews at this property? I am esp. interested in hearing from anyone who has used the complimentary shuttle to NJ Transit station?

The reviews (above) aren't great, even for FT!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I've completed two one-night stays here in the past week - each has been fine, I wasn't too impressed after the first stay but returned to keep working on the free night promotion. Here are a few notes:
  • Breakfast in the concierge lounge this morning had scrambled eggs, potatoes, two corn muffins, one container of yogurt, and some bread products as well as juice and coffee. There was no fruit that I saw. The scrambled eggs I thought were kind of nasty - just one big cube of eggs.
  • The dinner hour last evening had chicken breasts, pasta, and apple pie along with cheese and crackers. I did not have any of the food but it looked like several people were eating it for dinner - it was pretty substantial food.
  • The bartender at the lobby bar was nice, but they were out of 3 of 4 draft beers and also appeared to be out of many other items that customers were requesting. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence or just a one-off.
  • As others have noted, this is in a corporate park on the side of a highway across from a FedEx distribution center. There is nowhere to go within walking distance that I could see.
  • The carpet in my room had a fair number of stains and sort of an odd smell when I first walked in. It appeared to be clean other than that.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the hotel but the price was right. I would not rush back and definitely wouldn't come here for any kind of getaway, but it is OK for a quick business stay. It's definitely going to be approaching Scareaton territory shortly, if it isn't already...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I've completed two one-night stays here in the past week - each has been fine, I wasn't too impressed after the first stay but returned to keep working on the free night promotion. Here are a few notes:
  • Breakfast in the concierge lounge this morning had scrambled eggs, potatoes, two corn muffins, one container of yogurt, and some bread products as well as juice and coffee. There was no fruit that I saw. The scrambled eggs I thought were kind of nasty - just one big cube of eggs.
  • The dinner hour last evening had chicken breasts, pasta, and apple pie along with cheese and crackers. I did not have any of the food but it looked like several people were eating it for dinner - it was pretty substantial food.
  • The bartender at the lobby bar was nice, but they were out of 3 of 4 draft beers and also appeared to be out of many other items that customers were requesting. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence or just a one-off.
  • As others have noted, this is in a corporate park on the side of a highway across from a FedEx distribution center. There is nowhere to go within walking distance that I could see.
  • The carpet in my room had a fair number of stains and sort of an odd smell when I first walked in. It appeared to be clean other than that.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the hotel but the price was right. I would not rush back and definitely wouldn't come here for any kind of getaway, but it is OK for a quick business stay. It's definitely going to be approaching Scareaton territory shortly, if it isn't already...
I assume you werent on your own dime? Its usually $169+ during the week, I miss the days when there was a $69 exit coupon or $89AAA. Passed by a few times yesterday. It used to be 1 of my mattress run hotels, now as a Cat3 forget about it. It was a nice 2 and its a lousy 3
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:12 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Definitely an office/industrial park, but a 5 minute walk to Harold's New York Deli. You've never seen sandwiches and potato pancakes that big (and yet still good!). And the world's largest pickle bar!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
I assume you werent on your own dime? Its usually $169+ during the week...
I was able to get this for $139 last night (booked same day) which didn't seem terrible compared to the other prices in the area. It's definitely not worth much more than that...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I was able to get this for $139 last night (booked same day) which didn't seem terrible compared to the other prices in the area. It's definitely not worth much more than that...
Even so w/tx its $150 not MR material. There are some 4Ps that every so often go < $100 they make the Sher Ed look like a St Regis. Heck Hilton has their most basic Hamptons in the FLL area as 30k per night when its barely worth 15k or when I was looking a few weeks ago $179. I think this is why *W wants to sell they believe the peak has arrived or very close to it and they want to sell at the top or as close to it as they can
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Thoughts on this vs. the Hampton Inn Woodbridge?

For my dates this property is $85/nt.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Thoughts on this vs. the Hampton Inn Woodbridge?

For my dates this property is $85/nt.
I've stayed here a few times within a month, recently, and was pleased. The room seemed like it was renovated a while back. The bathroom was spacious with a big mirror, and the bed was fine. The Club was alright. They had a decent breakfast, I just had bagels and cereal, and a little fridge has water, soft drinks and juice.

I would definitely stay here over a Hampton Inn.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I stayed there with 2 recent Sheraton promotion nights last weekend, visiting family in town.

Staff was very nice - one of the more pleasant greetings and check-ins I've had in a while. One SNA cleared the day before (I had given up, as it wasn't available for sale), and I asked whether anything was available for the second room. Apparently, there's only 1 suite in the entire, quite large property.

So we has THE suite, and the room next door. Fresh fruit plate and hand-written note in our room on arrival.

The room was fine - nothing fancy but upper-mid range of the Sheratons I've visited (which, according to my Dashboard is hundreds of nights). I recalled being a bit disappointed when I stayed several years ago, so maybe a recent freshening?

Sunday breakfast in the lounge was just average, but at least it was open Sunday monring, unlike many places these days.

I only saw the $109 rate for the night I stayed - it's certainly worth that.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:31 pm

Has anyone been given Club Access via the SPG Business CC? Was the front desk aware of this benefit or you had to ask for it? Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Premium WiFi

Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ang2383
Has anyone been given Club Access ...
The club lounge is horrible at this property. I won't even take coffee there.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Lounge has been renovated and reopened this week. Sliders as well a rigatoni with sausage. Was actually pretty good. Several dessert options as well as salad and the usual cheese selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.