Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I too highly doubt he'll be busted. Law enforcement (especially in NJ) cover for their own (and friends/family) very well.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:08 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Not sure how that will go over when he reports to his supervisor on Tuesday saying he got busted for smoking pot in a hotel over the weekend.
Remember, corruption in New Jersey starts from the top down. Though that is a discussion for a political forum.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Email contact

The hotel's "contact us" webpage does not include an email contact. Does anyone have it?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Just contact SPG, they will redirect you, most properties don't even have any email in their contact us links anymore.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Mar 1, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gbryan84

I did ask why I wasnt given the suite at check-in and they claimed to have several Plats that no-showed. Yeah right, on a Saturday night in an industrial area!!!
I could have sworn that its not suppose to be preblocked and if it is and someone else shows up thats entitled to it as well that it is suppose to be unblocked. Of cause we all know it was never blocked probably to begin with

I used to mattress run to this place, then they did a complete renovation and rasied their rates so it doesnt pay to simply do a run here any longer when it costs over $100 ai

But its a nice place as you said in the middle of no where , actually its a Biz center area thats Dead on the weekends hence why it was a great place to do a Run
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Just stayed here last night on a paid reservation. Not a particularly great experience.

Arrived at 3:15pm and was told there aren't any available rooms because housekeeping is still cleaning them and was directed to come back an hour later. I asked if I could have a club room (I checked SPG.com beforehand and noticed 7-8 club rooms available) and another front desk agent overheard when I asked and walked over (supervisor?) and said "they are only for platinums, you're a gold". Not a great attitude here.

I know I'm gold and not entitled to it but I figure it'd be a nice gesture on a weekend with lots of empty rooms right? Especially if they didn't have a room ready at 3 o clock in the afternoon. Apparently it does hurt to ask.

Later in the evening while I was returning to the hotel I asked at the front desk if they could send up a corkscrew so I could enjoy a bottle of wine I had in the room. I was directed that they don't have corkscrews and was directed to bring the bottle to the bar adjacent to the lobby. I was a bit annoyed and brought the bottle to the bar and the bartender asked if someone sent me because I'm the third person in a row and I told her the front desk did. She went on a rant about how it is incredibly tacky they're asking guests to do this (I agreed) and she'd "take care of it".

I'll keep driving if I'm ever in the area and find another hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs
Just stayed here last night on a paid reservation. Not a particularly great experience.

Arrived at 3:15pm and was told there aren't any available rooms because housekeeping is still cleaning them and was directed to come back an hour later. I asked if I could have a club room (I checked SPG.com beforehand and noticed 7-8 club rooms available) and another front desk agent overheard when I asked and walked over (supervisor?) and said "they are only for platinums, you're a gold". Not a great attitude here.

I know I'm gold and not entitled to it but I figure it'd be a nice gesture on a weekend with lots of empty rooms right? Especially if they didn't have a room ready at 3 o clock in the afternoon. Apparently it does hurt to ask.

Later in the evening while I was returning to the hotel I asked at the front desk if they could send up a corkscrew so I could enjoy a bottle of wine I had in the room. I was directed that they don't have corkscrews and was directed to bring the bottle to the bar adjacent to the lobby. I was a bit annoyed and brought the bottle to the bar and the bartender asked if someone sent me because I'm the third person in a row and I told her the front desk did. She went on a rant about how it is incredibly tacky they're asking guests to do this (I agreed) and she'd "take care of it".

I'll keep driving if I'm ever in the area and find another hotel.
I dont get what the big deal is about a Club Room, if anything maybe there will be a bottle of mouthwash that a reg room wont have. Otherwise its the same size and same everything. Nor when its opened is the so called breakfast in the club anything to rave about. To me at least its like being told by a rental company they upgraded me, so instead of a 2 door Varis I have a 4 door Varis

That said I was walked from this Hotel a few weeks ago on a Sat night as a Plat. Spoke the next day to the assist mgr who said he will take care of me getting everything Im suppose to as a Plat. I guess he thought that meant getting Nothing, as it took a Plat desk csr and then William himself to make sure I in fact got what I was suppose

This Hotel put alot of $$$ into renovating the place and it shows and I have stayed there numerous times but for now will refrain from doing so. What got to me was I was on a non-refundable rate and when I arrived at 1am there were apx a dz people waiting to check in I believe most if not all were also walked. So in my case I take it the Hotel thought hey Mr craz is gonna be a no-show lets double dip and sell his room to someone else and still charge him as a no-show since he had a non-refundable rate. DUMB as in the end it cost them $$$ as whatever the other party paid them they had to pay the Hotel i was walked to, plus all the pts they still had to give me and the expense of housekeeping etc for those who were in the room.

It seems they are getting sloppy and thats a pity since its really a very nice place now after the $$ they poured into it
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Circle
Frequenter to Raritan Center

I have >100 nights in this hotel over the past 2 years, mainly because its the only *wood property in the vicinity of my work other than the Sheraton Newark Airport (which is terrible). I typically check in Monday and leave Thursday. I've found that its perfectly acceptable for a business trip stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean and large enough, and the location is pretty close to a bunch of chain restaurants (and the Menlo Park mall). The internet can be slow at times. I've only received a suite a couple of times, but its really no big deal. It's essentially two rooms stuck together. Club rooms are floors 10 thru 12. The only diff is, rooms on the 12th floor have larger TV's. They're probably 42 inch vs 37 or 32 in the lower floors.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Stayed the night driving in from DC to NY ... I must say the hotel is going to the dumps. Showing substantial signs of wear, mediocre service, cleanliness is average, lounge offerings are subpar.

Stayed here 2 years ago when it was newly renovated, it was great. It’s sad to see a hotel deteriorate in just 2 years.

Still OK for a quick night but would not recommend an extended stay.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I was at this property recently and have to agree that it is showing a fair amount of wear and tear. My room had a number of stains on the bedskirt and duvet cover (although I suppose that goes more to a cleanliness issue than general wear and tear), and a fair amount of stains on the wallpaper and several large gashes in the wall. The hvac system in the room was very loud (in a clanky sort of way), and the wireless internet only worked sporadically. The sheets and pillows also seemed subpar for a Starwood property. Thankfully it was only a one night stay.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta silver medallion
I have stayed at this hotel twice the last two weeks on a business trip, It is a nice property especially for business, I was upgrade on both stay and one of them to a suite for the whole week. I received 500 amenity points and breakfast and Hors d'oeuvre with a nice selections. I also signed up to receive 500 points for making a green choice.

Personally, I recommend this hotel for business trips. It's a nice clean property, good platinum recognition.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Absolutely disgusted

Let me preface this by saying that I've stayed at the Sheraton Edison nearly 100 times in the last 3 years.

After being away most of last year, I've stayed at the property 3 times this year.

First visit, fine.

Second visit, broken shower head:
- This is an unacceptable maintenance issue found only the next morning when I needed the shower.
- It is a big inconvenience to take a bath in a small tub...
plus...
- How and/or did the bathtub get cleaned?
- I let the front desk know, basic apology, no points, etc.

Last week, room 1007, disgusting MOLD literally everywhere all over the shower's tile area, next to the toilet, etc. The short of the story is this:
- went downstairs, asked for the front desk manager, showed him the picture I took (showing the mold was everywhere) and asked that housekeeping fix the issue before I got back. I also mentioned the issue from my prior visit.
- got back that evening, still mold in the shower.
- called down, got the front desk mgr again, he apologized, mentioned that maintenance needed to fix the issue (obviously a bigger issue, e.g.: the room's walls have MOLD)
- I switched rooms, got 1000 points, then I get to my new room... 1122
- The new room has an empty, used beer glass in front of the door when i get there
- The room's Ottoman literally had dirt on it

I could go on about how the hotel front desk staff seemed to get sick of me inconveniencing them, but I'll stop here.

The bottom line is that my 2 rooms this trip were unclean, and I suspect my prior room was not cleaned (due to the non-functional shower).

I got 1000 points, but frankly I don't think that's enough for being exposed to that level of repeated filth (and did I mention MOLD).

I am a devoted Starwood fan, and it takes a lot to get me away from the brand, but I can assure you I will *never* stay at this hotel again.

The nearby Renaissance and Hilton are much better (cleaner) options.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Maybe the hotel will change brands to Ramada or Crowne Plaza sooner than later. Disappointing for a fairly, newly, redone hotel...

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Mar 22, 2012 at 8:55 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
I was at this hotel for a night or two a week for 4 months this year, and while I never had as bad an experience as wildblueyonder, the place is definitely not aging well. Particularly frustrating is the previously mentioned noise from HVAC - a near constant whirring sound.

Last edited by md25; Nov 26, 2013 at 7:27 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Yuck. Hate this sheraton. It should be tagged as a four points. Was upgraded to the "club" floor with no lounge access on the weekend. It seemed that my room was under all the air conditioning units. It was LOUD. Did not change room since I got back really late (after 1 am) and left before 8am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.