Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lakersown81
My lifetime points show 0 as of today... I have stayed over 400 nights... anybody have any idea why this could be? The last time I checked it, a month ago, it had the correct amount of points stated there... but not anymore
Weekends are a bad time to audit your account.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cmculp
Same here - which comes from being a government traveler (with the requirement to use the government travel card). 790 nights / 1.6M points.

Time will solve it...eventually.
You could be me....523 lifetime nights, 497,000 lifetime points. Go figure.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; United Premier Silver
Same here - which comes from being a government traveler (with the requirement to use the government travel card). 790 nights / 1.6M points.

Hmmmm, retired federal employee here. Although I didn't travel a lot when working, I always used my Marriott Visa for official travel and lodging at a Marriott. There was a requirement to use the Government credit card for booking travel on common carriers to obtain the Government contract rate, but I never heard of requiring use of the Government credit card for lodging or other miscellaneous expenses for official Federal travel. Are you with the Feds?
Old May 30, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ChrisJC5
Hmmmm, retired federal employee here. Although I didn't travel a lot when working, I always used my Marriott Visa for official travel and lodging at a Marriott. There was a requirement to use the Government credit card for booking travel on common carriers to obtain the Government contract rate, but I never heard of requiring use of the Government credit card for lodging or other miscellaneous expenses for official Federal travel. Are you with the Feds?
I retired from DoD in 2012 and I did travel a lot. In the years that I had a Government credit card I understood the rules to be that I was supposed to use the card for common carrier, hotel and rental cars. Don't know if the rules were different for other agencies.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ChrisJC5
A current Federal employee chiming in here...

At my agency if you travel more than a few times a year (2 to 3) you are required to get the government CC. If you have the government CC you are required to use it for airline tickets, rental cars, and all lodging expenses.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Cargojon
You could be me....523 lifetime nights, 497,000 lifetime points. Go figure.
You paid an average of $95/ night for your lifetime quite a feat; even if you maxed out Marriott Rewards CC annually, it's still quite impressive.^
Old May 31, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
A current Federal employee chiming in here...

At my agency if you travel more than a few times a year (2 to 3) you are required to get the government CC. If you have the government CC you are required to use it for airline tickets, rental cars, and all lodging expenses.
Just saying, at my Federal agency, which I think is still the case today, you only had to use the Government credit card for airline or rail travel. No requirement to use the Government CC for lodging. And my agency had lots of regulatory staff who traveled 240 days a year. I never reached that level of travel, spending at most 30 days of road travel during my career occasionally one or two years, but employees at my agency who traveled a lot were Platinum members and stayed at full service Marriott to stretch their per diem.

My agency was a bit different than other Federal agencies, when it came to business travel. Regulatory and supervisory staff who did lots of travel had significant enhancements to their employment benefits. But I don't think GSA, which has the Government contract with the credit card provider, requires Agencies to use the card for every aspect of official travel. I could be wrong, however, and stand corrected if that is the case.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:36 am

§301-51.1 What is the required method of payment for
official travel expenses?
You are required to use the Government contractor-issued travel charge card for all official travel expenses unless you
have an exemption.

§301-51.2 What official travel expenses and/or classes of employees are exempt from the mandatory use of the Government contractor-issued travel charge card?The Administrator of General Services exempts the fol-
lowing from the mandatory use of the Government contrac-tor-issued travel charge card:
(a) Expenses incurred at a vendor that does not accept the
Government contractor-issued travel charge card;
(b) Laundry/dry cleaning;
(c) Parking;
(d) Transit system at a TDY location;
(e) Taxi;
(f) Tips;
(g) Meals (when use of the card is impractical, e.g., groupmeals or the Government contractor-issued travel charge cards not accepted);
(h) Phone calls (when a Government calling card is avail-able for use in accordance with agency policy);
(i) An employee who has an application pending for the travel charge card;
(j) Individuals traveling on invitational travel;
(k) New appointees;
(l) Relocation allowances prescribed in Chapter 302 of this title, except en-route travel and house hunting trip expenses; and
(m) Employees who travel 5 times or less a year. Eventhough exempt, agencies have the discretion to issue a travelcharge card to such an employee
Old May 31, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,

I just thought I would throw out that the purchase of points does count towards your lifetime points. Also any points that you transfer to your account from your spouse (for a award redemption) will also will count towards you lifetime points.

If you were very close to a lifetime level and needed a few more points, this could boost your points by as much as 100,000 (50,000 self + 50,000 spouse transfer) per year. Not great for just having status but if you were using them to improve a travel package this could be a good deal.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by danola
You paid an average of $95/ night for your lifetime quite a feat; even if you maxed out Marriott Rewards CC annually, it's still quite impressive.^
Well, it's probably a little skewed. I would bet that probably 100 of my nights have come from Marriott timeshares and/or events (I've done twice for 20 nights total.)

That said, there are plenty of nights on there from our pre-children days where wife and I would get 2 nights at an IAD-area Marriott that used to run around $65 a night for FS Marriott.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by nightowlrn
§301-51.1 What is the required method of payment for
official travel expenses?
You are required to use the Government contractor-issued travel charge card for all official travel expenses unless you
have an exemption.

§301-51.2 What official travel expenses and/or classes of employees are exempt from the mandatory use of the Government contractor-issued travel charge card?The Administrator of General Services exempts the fol-
lowing from the mandatory use of the Government contrac-tor-issued travel charge card:
(a) Expenses incurred at a vendor that does not accept the
Government contractor-issued travel charge card;
(b) Laundry/dry cleaning;
(c) Parking;
(d) Transit system at a TDY location;
(e) Taxi;
(f) Tips;
(g) Meals (when use of the card is impractical, e.g., groupmeals or the Government contractor-issued travel charge cards not accepted);
(h) Phone calls (when a Government calling card is avail-able for use in accordance with agency policy);
(i) An employee who has an application pending for the travel charge card;
(j) Individuals traveling on invitational travel;
(k) New appointees;
(l) Relocation allowances prescribed in Chapter 302 of this title, except en-route travel and house hunting trip expenses; and
(m) Employees who travel 5 times or less a year. Eventhough exempt, agencies have the discretion to issue a travelcharge card to such an employee
Yes, the above is true. But agency heads have the authority to override or exempt them from this requirement. This is from an OIG Report in 2005 about my former Agency's use of the Government credit card:

"The Travel and Transportation Reform Act of 1998, Public Law 105-264, required that federal employees use a government-issued travel charge card for payment of all expenses relating to official government travel. However, the Act also authorized agency heads or their designees to exempt employees, classes of employees, payments, or classes of payments from the requirements of the Act. Consistent with the Act, and as the result of negotiations with the NTEU, paragraph 2.G.S.C. of the FDIC’s Regular Duty Travel Regulation allows FDIC employees to use personal credit cards for hotel, rental car, and meal expenses while on regular duty travel to accumulate frequent flyer points or cash rebates associated with the use of such cards. Any changes to this policy would have to be negotiated with the NTEU."

September 2005
Report No. 05-036

http://www.fdicig.gov/reports05/05-036-508.shtml

I was still using my Marriott Visa for travel expenses (other than airline charges) up until I retired in 2013.

Last edited by ChrisJC5; May 31, 2015 at 4:48 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by danola
Rewarding events, if applicable to poster, would skew that $95/night calculation.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Gold, United Silver
And an update after 3 months.. getting nights at a pretty decent clip:

on 2/26 I had:

Lifetime Status
nights: 134

Now
Lifetime nights: 164
Lifetime Points: 482,895

30 nights and about 100K points in 3 months
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Tonight will be #1,000, but will still be short ~300K from lifetime Plat
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

#748 nights and 2,100,000 points.... LT platinum here I come . 2 more nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.