Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bellevue, Washington [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:26 pm
cxn

I used to love the club lounge. When they first opened as a Sheraton they had a fridge they kept stocked with drinks of all kinds and yogurt. Today you go in and the selection is really poor. Even though I have access to the lounge I usually just head out and hit Starbucks on my way to my meetings.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:46 pm

Bumping this...have a three night stay coming up, any recent experiences? Seems like the reviews on their website are favorable, staff is really good. Granted, I won't be spending too much time at the hotel, but the little things like the club lounge for drinks and stuff would be nice. Based on reviews almost 8 months old, lounge was not great.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I was here recently. Lounge still isn't great and it's small. I never stay for evening drinks/snacks so I can't tell you how that is. Only reason I stay here is it's often the cheapest option in Seattle but it's my 2nd least favourite property. (Worst being the 4P downtown Seattle.) The free parking is definitely a plus.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
Stayed not to long ago, was upgraded to a club room with club access.

Aside from the newish rooms/facilities it is just your standard industrial park hotel. The breakfast spread was pretty unimpressive. Seemingly none of the clubs really compare to what is put out in the European Sheratons. For me, the Sheraton Bellevue is only somewhere to stay in a pinch, the Westin Bellevue is definitely the go-to property when I'm in that area.

Either than that there is Azteca attached to the hotel that has a dirt cheap happy hour if you want to have a few drinks haha!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Since there haven't been any comments on this hotel in the past year, I thought I'd give an update...

This place is a dump. Stay elsewhere!

I certainly didn't have high expectations based on the previous poster calling it "industrial park hotel" which to me is usually the same as 'suburban Sheraton' however this hotel seems to have missed the 2007-2010 Sheraton upgrades. First off, they have window A/C units (which I didn't even realize were still allowed under Sheraton brand standards) and the rooms smell extremely musty--like campground cabins. The club lounge offerings are so basic you get the feeling they only have it due to requirement from SPG. The lounge only had room-temperature soda & juice, instead using the entire fridge just for water (there must have been 75+ bottles in there). The internet is free for everyone which would be fine except I couldn't get more than 0.2 meg/second download at night & in the morning so it's effectively worthless. The room & hallway decor is also quite dated. This hotel is effectively a below-average Four Points, but with a tiny club lounge.

Among the two positives: Staff was very friendly & the TV actually had a few real HD channels.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I only stay here if I can get super cheap rates. If not, I don't bother.

To be fair, the ONE worthwhile benefit this hotel has is free parking.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:13 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I'd confirm Moulder3's comments.

I stayed here in March 2014. The rooms, although re-furbished, are quite small and somewhat musty.

The Club Lounge was certainly nothing to write home about either. Cold cuts and pay liquor. There is a free espresso machine and some flat screens but that's about it.

It is often the cheapest place to stay in Seattle under SPG. It's okay if you just need a place to sleep for the night but the Westin Bellvue a few blocks a way is FAR nicer!!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold

Did a 1-night club room king stay here recently and was pleasantly surprised, having come in with limited expectations.

Pros:
Best rate in the Seattle area by a few $
Club floor (7) was quiet
Typically comfy bed
Free on-site parking (small, hilly lot)
Free local area shuttle service (3 mi?)
Lounge was well-maintained (seats ~20)
Pet-friendly (dog bed on request)
Friendly from desk staff

Cons:
Adjacent restaurants (2) not special
Does not participate in 2014 summer promo
Poor fit and finish on renovations
Narrow hallways, strange art, and small elevators

I'd call this an "eyes shut" hotel: cheap(er) than most, no wow factor, but fine for a night.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
This Sheraton is more like a 4 Points than a Sheraton. Not the nicest property in the portfolio.

The Club Lounge is being remodeled. According to the sign in the 'temporary' club lounge, the permanent lounge has been undergoing renovations since mid-December. That's right; seven months. I took a peek into the renovation during the late evening. At the rate of progress, I wouldn't expect it to reopen until 2017.

The entire hotel needs a major renovation. The ceiling in our Club Floor room was badly warped (popcorn ceiling) where you could see every seam in the drywall.

We stayed here one night to be close to the wineries; too bad the Bellevue Westin was sold out.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question update & contact queries

Any update on the renovation? (I can't believe it will take till 2017?)

Also, any FTs have a recent hotel contact for upgrade requests?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Any update on the renovation? (I can't believe it will take till 2017?)

Also, any FTs have a recent hotel contact for upgrade requests?
Was there in late July Club lounge still located in the basement until renovations are complete. Not all rooms are done. I was on Club level and the room wasn't upgraded. I asked about an upgrade and was told that there is only one suite in the hotel.

As for contacts, assistant GM Julie Gobunquin ([email protected]) or Front Office Manager Jeremiah Cruz ([email protected]) may be of assistance.

Cheers,

Singlepoint
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
my stay

My stay was a positive experience. The renovations are more or less complete (everywhere but the SPG lounge). Evening hors d'oeuvres consisted of two hot items, standard veggie & cheese plates, and are open/refreshed 5-8 pm. The temporary location, the Somerset Room, is large and well appointed.

For brekkie, the lounge is open 6-9 am daily and 7-10 am on weekends. Scrambled eggs, meat, cereal, yogourt, bagels and breads. As Plats, we were also offered buffet brekkie in the rest, which operates later (e.g. 10:30 on weekdays).

As indicated, parking is free and the hotel has easy highway access/20 minutes to downtown Seattle. Also, there is a complimentary shuttle bus which operates within a 5 mile radius, including on weekends. During our stay, room rates were under $200 as compared to $400 at the Sheraton Seattle.

There is only one suite (Olympia on the 7th) and most of the rooms have two dbl/queen size beds. We chose the MaGC option for 500 SPG points per night. WIFI service is good.

The biggest disappointment was the Sheraton Fitness and the fact there is no pool.

You get what you pay for, and I would say this property offers decent value - including for reward stays.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
This place is ok, especially when rates are cheap, but it's utterly outclassed by the Westin Bellevue (which is an actually *nice* hotel). The staff are great, but the building is the worst of "old" Sheraton (although it used to be a Hilton), with some upgrades. It's also very clearly trying to meet brand requirements for a lounge but not actually doing anything great with it (although the printer is convenient).

My biggest complaint is HVAC. Horrible window unit, and whenever I shower, the room is super humid unless the AC is on at a high level. I did a 3 night stay because it was cheap, thinking it would be somehow nicer than the Four Points at the Airport -- in reality I actually strongly prefer the Four Points. Really the only Starwoods I've found particularly good in WA are the Westin Bellevue, and to a lesser degree the crazy value of the Four Points Bellingham (and pretty good value of the Four Points Airport). Fortunately this will be one place I don't need hotels once I get a house here.

Reasonably high degree of road noise from 405, even on the 6th floor, but mainly just from trucks, motorcycles, and emergency vehicles (so it's intermittent vs. constant).

Free parking and pretty good location; decent bed; good SPG recognition; ok breakfast buffet at the restaurant, though. Internet, free for everyone, is pretty decent -- 10M/6M in my room. At $100-150 vs. $200-250 for the Westin, it's a toss-up. When the Westin is only 10-20% more, the choice is clear. I'd probably be willing to drive from the airport or stay in a non-Starwood otherwise.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Has anyone stayed here recently? I am thinking of a one night weekend stay in November. Is it true there are no club lounge offerings for Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I stayed here on on a Saturday night recently. The lounge had offerings both in the evening and the morning. The former, unfortunately, I would describe as fairly poor. Breakfast wasn't bad in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.