Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport MCI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport MCI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Where exactly what the lack of respect? I've stayed at this hotel many times and have always been treated great. Just because one did not get a suite as a Platinum does not mean you were not given respect. It is only your assumption that airline employees are getting preferred treatment over Plats. It's a Cat 1 hotel, so one should not have expectations that they will be getting a flat screen television. I've stayed at cat 5 hotels that were using tube tv's.

Most people who stay at the hotel actually prefer a 1st floor room over the SPG floor because of the easy access in and out of the hotel. SPG Gold and Plats get a free drink at the bar for each stay. Next time you should check the website or ask if a suite room is available if you feel that you have not been given an upgrade to the best available room. You can also ask to speak with the front desk manager Jason. Overall for the price, this hotel is an excellent value, only wished they had a free breakfast.
FACTS ARE FACTS.

IMO there was no special recognition or attempt to recognize that I was a PLAT. I am did not raise HECK jsut wanted FT's to know if you want special treatment at this HOTEL might need to ask for it. YES IMO the airlines do get special attention and maybe they should just thought the minions should know about it.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:09 pm

Not bad, but not great

Stayed here the other night on C&P. The front desk agent did a great job of recognizing me as platinum (unlike the Sheraton in Sioux Falls, which I will be reviewing in a moment). He offered me my amenity, also gave me a free drink ticket and asked me if i wanted some water right there at the front desk. No upgrade was offered, but online, I didn't see any suites available, so not even sure this property has suites. The room was ok, but the walls are paper thin. The hallways are tired, and definitely need new carpet. I showed up late and was happy to find the restaurant/bar still open. Used my free drink ticket and ordered a burger and fries. Food was decent for regular bar food...don't look for anything great, but if you are hungry and need something to eat in the area, it will work.

I would stay here again, but simply on price and location (actually, gonna be staying here in a couple of nights for my return flight back to DFW). The thin walls could be a real downside for some...basically, you hear everything...even the person using the bathroom on the floor above you. Request top floor if you can.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:03 pm

He should have at least put you on the top floor which is the SPG preferred floor. The downside is that those rooms are further from the entrance.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Stayed here 1 night because of early morning flight the next day. Would not stay here again - very much in need of an update - particularly the carpet and bedding. Probably one of the loudest window AC units I've ever experienced. Tiny bathroom with no counter space worse than most hotels in Manhattan. Did get SPG room - long walk to elevators. Got a drink coupon - house wine was undrinkable and came with surly service. The best part of the stay was using shuttle service.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:39 pm

Disappointing this time around

Just checked in, got the top floor, larger room, but upon entering, found the pillows looked a little out of place on the bed and the phone was turned to the side. Looked at the bed and there was a small red stain on the sheets. Pulled back the covers and you could see several hairs on the sheets. Went into the bathroom and first thing i noticed was the toilet paper roll was almost empty...what housekeeper leaves it like that? One look in the tub and I was done with the room...hair and crap all over in it, along with a used bar of soap still sitting in the holder. Went back down, asked for another room, got a handicap room with no fridge, but at least this one is cleaner, although there was one hair in the toilet when i went in there. As mentioned earlier, run down some, needs an update. Not sure if i will stay here again, it is very convenient if you just need a quick stop by the airport since it is literally 5 mins away and all the other SPG's are a lot further, plus C&P is almost always available. Good with the bad, i guess.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Just checked in, got the top floor, larger room, but upon entering, found the pillows looked a little out of place on the bed and the phone was turned to the side. Looked at the bed and there was a small red stain on the sheets. Pulled back the covers and you could see several hairs on the sheets. Went into the bathroom and first thing i noticed was the toilet paper roll was almost empty...what housekeeper leaves it like that? One look in the tub and I was done with the room...hair and crap all over in it, along with a used bar of soap still sitting in the holder. Went back down, asked for another room, got a handicap room with no fridge, but at least this one is cleaner, although there was one hair in the toilet when i went in there. As mentioned earlier, run down some, needs an update. Not sure if i will stay here again, it is very convenient if you just need a quick stop by the airport since it is literally 5 mins away and all the other SPG's are a lot further, plus C&P is almost always available. Good with the bad, i guess.
I have stayed at this property close to a dozen times this year. Most of those on Cash and Points as is simply an unbeatable deal considering you're a free (24hr) 4min shuttle ride away from MCI.

Said that, it is a Cat 1 property. It's the bare, bare minimum. I stay here simply because price and location. Convenient. If I didn't have early AM flights I would not use it. If I had to pay full price ($99+)...I would have to give it a lot of thought.

If you really want a very nice property for the ~100$, look elsewhere. There are a lot of options in the area.

Last edited by Viajero Millero; May 23, 2012 at 10:35 am Reason: Good with the bad is right.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Atrocious

This hotel is disgusting. The rooms are extremely dirty, worn, filthy and the quality of housekeeping is extremely poor. I stayed here a few times in the last month and the rooms are awful. The carpet is worn, heavily stained and dirty. Here are a few issues from my last visit:
  1. Pair of men's underwear from a previous left on the floor, under the curtains. Pretty big miss on the part of housekeeping.
  2. Gigantic stain on the center of the carpet.
  3. Chewing gum stuck to the side of the in-room refrigerator
  4. Noticeable staining from a roof leak on the ceiling plaster
  5. Pack of Southwest Airlines branded cans of water left inside the in-room refrigerator. Again, a pretty big miss on the part of housekeeping
  6. WiFi was completely out for one night of the stay

I spoke with the General Manager of the property about these issues. His response was basically "Oh, OK" and credited my account with a meager amount of points. No expectations for compensation, but the blase attitude from the top boss makes me think that the lack of oversight for the housekeeping isn't really a big deal here. Gross. This is one of the cheapest, dirtiest Starwood properties in the United States, if not the world.

Photos attached.

Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
This hotel is disgusting. The rooms are extremely dirty, worn, filthy and the quality of housekeeping is extremely poor. I stayed here a few times in the last month and the rooms are awful. The carpet is worn, heavily stained and dirty. Here are a few issues from my last visit:
  1. Pair of men's underwear from a previous left on the floor, under the curtains. Pretty big miss on the part of housekeeping.
  2. Gigantic stain on the center of the carpet.
  3. Chewing gum stuck to the side of the in-room refrigerator
  4. Noticeable staining from a roof leak on the ceiling plaster
  5. Pack of Southwest Airlines branded cans of water left inside the in-room refrigerator. Again, a pretty big miss on the part of housekeeping
  6. WiFi was completely out for one night of the stay

I spoke with the General Manager of the property about these issues. His response was basically "Oh, OK" and credited my account with a meager amount of points. No expectations for compensation, but the blase attitude from the top boss makes me think that the lack of oversight for the housekeeping isn't really a big deal here. Gross. This is one of the cheapest, dirtiest Starwood properties in the United States, if not the world.
While I agree that this is a fairly old hotel in major need of renovations, I've stayed several times in the last year and never encountered these problems. The "meager amount of points" is probably due to the hotel being a Cat 1. I probably would have asked for a refund and report it to corporate. Thanks for posting about this as I fly in to Kansas City fairly often and the only Starwood property in the area. How does on miss a pair of underwear?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Just finished a two night stay there and if I weren't trying for Lifetime Platinum, and wanted to be near the airport, there is no way I would have chosen it.

* Rooms are old and tired. As mentioned above, I had water stains on my ceiling and splotches of "who knows what" on the rug.
* Chair was ripped in two places with stuffing coming through.
* Bathroom sink had loose faucet.
* Old style HVAC that had options of "extremely hot" or "frigid". No real inbetween.
* Elevators were old, slow and small.
* Slow internet.

That said, the beer at the restaurant was very good (Boulevard). Otherwise, nothing really to recommend.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Just finished a two night stay there and if I weren't trying for Lifetime Platinum, and wanted to be near the airport, there is no way I would have chosen it.

* Rooms are old and tired. As mentioned above, I had water stains on my ceiling and splotches of "who knows what" on the rug.
* Chair was ripped in two places with stuffing coming through.
* Bathroom sink had loose faucet.
* Old style HVAC that had options of "extremely hot" or "frigid". No real inbetween.
* Elevators were old, slow and small.
* Slow internet.

That said, the beer at the restaurant was very good (Boulevard). Otherwise, nothing really to recommend.
You nailed it. Sounds like me last stay their, but they had a decent apps with the beer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.