Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:06 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
LMAO. Yes, it was the Four Points. A complete sh*t hole. We were actually there looking at Wesleyan. I'll check out the Frontenac. How does the Sheraton I've currently booked compare to that hideous Meriden spot? I realize this is tedious decision making, but I'll be frequenting STL and so want to lock into a property I like.
My kid went to Wesleyan and is now at WashU for grad school. As for the 4 Points you got there post renovation and you should have seen it before. I have not stayed at the Sheraton but the problem is Clayton just doesn't have any nice places other than the Ritz which is a little crazy price wise especially around WashU start; however, being in Clayton has it's advantages and it is safe and convenient. PM me if you have any questions or if I can be of any help to you.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Checked in today. So far, tv reception in and out and I swear these are two full beds and not queens. I actually reserve hotels based on bed size and so this is an issue. I’m going to ask at front desk. They are apparently oversold so not sure how that’s going to go.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Checked in today. So far, tv reception in and out and I swear these are two full beds and not queens. I actually reserve hotels based on bed size and so this is an issue. I’m going to ask at front desk. They are apparently oversold so not sure how that’s going to go.
Hard to believe they could be oversold. Frankly, its just a better stay staying by the airport rather than at this property.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Hard to believe they could be oversold. Frankly, its just a better stay staying by the airport rather than at this property.
Sold out on website as are all the Marriott/SPG properties in the area and when I asked about upgrade they said oversold. It is WashU move in, so not surprising.

The staff has been extremely nice, but I will not stay here again. The carpet is stained and ripped, the paint peeling, the furnishings very dated and gloomy. The cheery and bright employees make it tolerable.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:56 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
According to this link, Sheraton Clayton Plaza is closing in October 2019 for a seven-to-nine month comprehensive renovation that will redo the exterior and touch on every interior component including public areas, guest rooms, restaurants, meeting space and fitness facilities, before reopening as Le Méridien Clayton. I'm glad they're keeping the architectural details of the building, such as the sculpted concrete on the exterior, intact.

Come 2020, we should see two Le Méridien properties in St. Louis and more than 20 open properties in the US. Can't wait for more from the brand.

khabah
James Luckard likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
According to this link, Sheraton Clayton Plaza is closing in October 2019 for a seven-to-nine month comprehensive renovation that will redo the exterior and touch on every interior component including public areas, guest rooms, restaurants, meeting space and fitness facilities, before reopening as Le Méridien Clayton. I'm glad they're keeping the architectural details of the building, such as the sculpted concrete on the exterior, intact.

Come 2020, we should see two Le Méridien properties in St. Louis and more than 20 open properties in the US. Can't wait for more from the brand.

khabah
Thanks for sharing. This renovation is urgent...
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by khabah

khabah
Thanks for the info. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update: the hotel is now closed for renovations. I called the hotel two days ago and they said that they plan to reopen in summer 2020 "under a new brand they're not announcing just yet," but property-related news I've dug up online online including this link state that it will reopen as Le Méridien Clayton.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.