FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/685162-list-publicly-usable-marriott-reservation-codes.html)

hhoope01 Apr 22, 2007 2:25 am

List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes

Content moved to the Wikipost for this thread (viewable at the top of every webpage of this thread.)

SkiAdcock Apr 22, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks for doing the leg work! I was just getting ready to post the publicly available codes myself. Cheers.

jpooh100 Apr 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Thank You!!!!

KathyWdrf Apr 22, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks! And like others on this board, I only use discount/promo codes that I'm entitled to use, and the once (maybe twice?) I posted codes, they were publicly available codes. @:-)

What mystifies me is why the original thread had to be deleted, rather than simply redacted. Seems like a rash action on somebody's part. :eek:

hhoope01 Apr 22, 2007 10:56 pm

Well, the hope here is that if we keep the codes limited to publicly available ones and keep the corporate codes out, then maybe this one won't disappear into the black netherworld like the previous one.

KathyWdrf Apr 23, 2007 3:12 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 7624691)
Well, the hope here is that if we keep the codes limited to publicly available ones and keep the corporate codes out, then maybe this one won't disappear into the black netherworld like the previous one.

Yes, I understand that. :rolleyes:

My point is, why didn't "the powers that be" 1) explain why the thread suddenly vanished, and/or 2) redact (= edit, in case you didn't know what that word means) the thread to meet whatever the objections were? :confused:

craz Apr 23, 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 7625192)
Yes, I understand that. :rolleyes:

My point is, why didn't "the powers that be" 1) explain why the thread suddenly vanished, and/or 2) redact (= edit, in case you didn't know what that word means) the thread to meet whatever the objections were? :confused:

Could be the ones who wanted it off of FT, wanted ALL of the codes off even these Public available ones and not just the corp ones. Remember had I not seen that TZO the other week my stay (not that I would have made it) would have been $159 instead of $79 that I did pay.

So its very possible MR doesnt want any codes up in sight as it reduces their tyake. So I wouldnt be surprised if this thread goes away like the other one, then again after reading how pi$$ed everyone was/is maybe teh parties to be will leave this rather then risk our wrath.

SkiAdcock Apr 23, 2007 1:10 pm

My guess is they'll leave this one alone given they're publicly available rates rather than corp codes. Now if we can get Bruce to make it a sticky rather than us having to bump it.

Cheers.

pinniped Apr 24, 2007 8:15 pm

XES - I seem to recall this was used for some sort of Bonus Buck promo recently. I forget exactly what and where, but I know it wasn't anyone's private corporate code...

A1X - this is a percent-off Amex code for MVCI properties. It was published on the MVCI website with the only requirement being that you pay with an Amex. Whether the property enforces that requirement varies.

ES0 (zero) yielded Escape Packages for me in the past.

I've seen GOF used as a Golf Package before.

(Note that PKG sometimes uncovers all of these. For example, PKG might display a Golf Package, an Amusement Park Package, and a resort credit package.)

Nice work kicking off this thread, by the way. ^

GlennTheBaker Apr 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 7635816)
XES - I seem to recall this was used for some sort of Bonus Buck promo recently. I forget exactly what and where, but I know it wasn't anyone's private corporate code...

XES was the code for a recent AmEX Escape package, similar to the current Visa summer promo, where you got a BB/PP/EE coupon if you paid with an AmEx card.

holtju2 Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

IMHO NPR also produces publicly available rates.

MisterE Apr 25, 2007 2:40 pm

VSA a corporate code

I think VSA is a corporate code for Visa employees rather than just available to Visa cardholders.

I checked this with the JW Marriott in HKG last year

SkiAdcock Apr 25, 2007 3:54 pm

I just did a dummy booking using VSA & the rate rules say nothing about showing corp id, just the usual cancel by 6pm thing, so I do think it's a publicly available rate. As a comparison I plugged in IBM as a code & the rate rules on that do say be prepared to show corp ID. I actually did a dummy booking for both a domestic & international property using VSA & IBM. Visa, no id requirements; IBM yes.

Cheers.

pinkelephant Apr 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Are these available online, over phone or ???

Hi, I just called Marriott and was quoted an over the phone rate less than half of any online rate I could find. Do I just tell the rep I have access to some promotional codes and have them check one by one?

Thanks.

SkiAdcock Apr 28, 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by pinkelephant (Post 7651754)
Hi, I just called Marriott and was quoted an over the phone rate less than half of any online rate I could find. Do I just tell the rep I have access to some promotional codes and have them check one by one?

Thanks.

Well if you've got the codes (I'm assuming you mean publicly available ones), you could go online & plug them in to see what the rates are. There are a # of codes in this stickey & I would imagine the rep would get pretty cranky if you ask them to plug them all in. Also, if you got a phone rate that was better than anything you could find, then I'd stick w/ the phone rate.

Cheers.

SwissCircle May 3, 2007 1:21 am

OTP IS NOT AMEX!
You will recieve a voucher when paing with Visa as a credit for future stay.
Link:
http://www.marriott.com/specials/pro...tInternational

mctrees02 May 7, 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 7637129)
IMHO NPR also produces publicly available rates.

NPR states the following:

When You Check-in
Please be prepared to show proof of eligibility for your rate (such as a membership card, corporate or government identification card, or proof of your age).

They term the rate as "VIP Athletic Rate"

Based on this info, I don't believe that the rate would be a publicly available one.

pinniped May 7, 2007 8:36 am

It's pretty well-known that NPR produces all sorts of rates. You have to read the fine-print on each one to determine whether you are entitled to use it. Clearly, booking the one that requires a VIP card - unless you have the card - will not be honored by the front desk unless they make a serious mistake.

NPR usually shows the AAA rates. NPR also shows a lot of $0 rates - certificate stays. Sometimes it shows other promotions that are available to anyone.

Sometimes it will show all of the above at the same property.

holtju2 May 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 7699845)
It's pretty well-known that NPR produces all sorts of rates. You have to read the fine-print on each one to determine whether you are entitled to use it. Clearly, booking the one that requires a VIP card - unless you have the card - will not be honored by the front desk unless they make a serious mistake.

NPR usually shows the AAA rates. NPR also shows a lot of $0 rates - certificate stays. Sometimes it shows other promotions that are available to anyone.

There are quite a few "certificate" or "junk" rates shown when you use NPR code. As discussed on the old thread those should NOT be used.

There was, however, easy way to become VIP Athletic rate eligible. Can anybody post the procedure again?

hhoope01 May 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Just join one of the sports writers associations (Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc.) I think the cost is less than $50/year.

babsjvd May 13, 2007 9:32 pm

[QUOTE=holtju2;7719327]There are quite a few "certificate" or "junk" rates shown when you use NPR code. As discussed on the old thread those should NOT be used.

I really dont understand what a junk rate is - could you explain?

mctrees02 May 14, 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 7719584)
Just join one of the sports writers associations (Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc.) I think the cost is less than $50/year.

You can join the football writers association for $40/year. http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/about/join07.html

boazs May 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Promotion code: C8E

3-for-2 weekend offer in Germany. Expires June 18.

I tried it, and it works.

It's an Air Berlin offer, but I don't think you need to be a member of their FFP.

All the details are here:

http://marriott.com/specials/mesOffe...OfferId=162697

tfmpa Jun 24, 2007 12:15 pm

JW Grande Lakes Summertime Promotions

Summer Reconnect Package:
valid until 106/07

rates from $199/nt
$25 resort credit per night
Daily breakfast for two in Citron
Guaranteed upgrade to lakefront at time of booking
rate code LLOQ

Family Package:
-rates from $378/nt for two rooms

two connecting rooms (king and double/double)

Breakfast buffet for two adults and two children (up to age 12) at Citron

Four signature specialty drinks at Quench (souvenir cup inlcuded) OR 4 grande beverages at Starbucks

Unlimited pool amenities (noodles/floats, etc)

25 Game Tokens for use at the JW game room

Unlimited ice cream passport for kids (up to age 12) at JW Marriott

complimentary self parking

Guaranteed late check-out at 2pm.

Rate code LLOF

The connecting RC also has packages which are post in the luxury hotel forum

mistern Jun 29, 2007 7:26 am

Very good work finding codes, really helpfull. I need Embassy Rate code @ Marriot???

Very good work finding codes, really helpfull. I need Embassy Rate code @ Marriott???

hhoope01 Jun 29, 2007 8:12 am

First, mistern, welcome to FT.

Second, if by Embassy you mean Embassy Suites, then you will need to look in the Hilton forum for information as it is a part of that chain and not Marriott.

pinniped Jun 29, 2007 8:16 am

Originally Posted by babsjvd (Post 7731940)
I really dont understand what a junk rate is - could you explain?

Sometimes under NPR you'll see a $0 rate that says something like "Property use only - do not use" or similar text that makes it very clear that it isn't a real, bookable rate. On occasion, folks will get excited and post that they've found either a "mistake" rate or some sort of hidden viral promotion.

tadeh1104 Jun 29, 2007 4:15 pm

Aol?

Question about the AOL rate...it gives me a rate $50 cheaper than the standard rate. Has anyone used this code? I'm not clear on whether it's for AOL customers or employees. Thanks.

socrates Jun 29, 2007 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by tadeh1104 (Post 7979451)
Question about the AOL rate...it gives me a rate $50 cheaper than the standard rate. Has anyone used this code? I'm not clear on whether it's for AOL customers or employees. Thanks.

It is for employees of TimeWarner's AOL division

Marcell Jul 2, 2007 10:45 am

Hello,

I'm planning a weekend stay in Atlanta and I need to know if anyone has a good rate that can be used on hotels in Midtown Atlanta (particularly either at ATL Midtown Suites on 14th Street or at Residence Inn ATL Historic Midtown on West Peachtree Street).

Thanks.

JoeBagodonuts Jul 4, 2007 8:59 am

Originally Posted by tadeh1104 (Post 7979451)

what do the rate rules state when you click on them?

if they don't state or even indicate that its employee only, then you have a fighting chance at getting this IF its questioned

socrates Jul 4, 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts (Post 8002415)
what do the rate rules state when you click on them?

if they don't state or even indicate that its employee only, then you have a fighting chance at getting this IF its questioned

:( when you break life down to it's most simplistic level you only have your personal values to lead you through life......

TrojanHorse Jul 5, 2007 3:20 am

Originally Posted by socrates (Post 8003053)
:( when you break life down to it's most simplistic level you only have your personal values to lead you through life......

sort of like when you book a room at a hotel and guarantee with a credit card, call the hotel and notify them of a late arrival and the hotel says you will have a room then upon arrival they walk you or kind of like when a hotel increases the stay anytime award points premium by 100% and then reduces the standard awards, I totally agree with you

socrates Jul 5, 2007 4:57 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 8006266)
sort of like when you book a room at a hotel and guarantee with a credit card, call the hotel and notify them of a late arrival and the hotel says you will have a room then upon arrival they walk you or kind of like when a hotel increases the stay anytime award points premium by 100% and then reduces the standard awards, I totally agree with you

I'm not sure why the above is directed at me.....I do find it offense to have words put into my mouth which is what you're doing in the above quote.....right or wrong, I wont judge, you have a very strong opinion of Marriott and would hope that you have contacted them and shared it

tfmpa Jul 5, 2007 5:12 am

Originally Posted by socrates (Post 8003053)

Here, someone has told him it is for employees so in this situtation I see the point you are making, but in general I don't see what's wrong with following the T&Cs. Isn't that what they are there for?

TrojanHorse Jul 5, 2007 7:18 am

before I start, I am trying to quote two posters here in the same reply (for the 1st time so I hope it works *fingers crossed*

moving right along now

Originally Posted by socrates (Post 8006482)
I'm not sure why the above is directed at me.....I do find it offense to have words put into my mouth which is what you're doing in the above quote.....right or wrong, I wont judge, you have a very strong opinion of Marriott and would hope that you have contacted them and shared it

It was in response to your response to another poster, thats why I put it there, I do realize that you do not have anything to do with walking people and setting the policy or redemption value so It was directed at you directly.

It was directed at the part about ethics and my IMHO, my point is that MR isn't that ethical in its ownright hence any individual who interprets rules straight up as written is just playing the game that MR has set the tone for

oh yes, I've contacted MR about walks and about the redemption changes without a satisfactory response

Originally Posted by tfmpa (Post 8006506)
Here, someone has told him it is for employees so in this situtation I see the point you are making, but in general I don't see what's wrong with following the T&Cs. Isn't that what they are there for?

You just stole my thunder LOL

socrates Jul 5, 2007 9:02 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 8006849)
It was in response to your response to another poster, thats why I put it there, I do realize that you do not have anything to do with walking people and setting the policy or redemption value so It was directed at you directly.

It was directed at the part about ethics and my IMHO, my point is that MR isn't that ethical in its ownright hence any individual who interprets rules straight up as written is just playing the game that MR has set the tone for

Again, I find it offense to have words put in my mouth and again I dont understand why it was directed at me directly....

tfmpa Jul 5, 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 8006849)

You just stole my thunder LOL

Oops. Sorry!

Marcell Jul 5, 2007 9:55 pm

I found a COK rate for Atlanta Midtown Suites for the 1st weekend in August . The price of the hotel went from $239.00/night to $152.00/night. After checking the "rate rules," there was no requirement for ID or any other proof of eligiblity needed.

hhoope01 Jul 5, 2007 10:36 pm

Given that the text under the nightly rate says "Coca-Cola Enterprises" and refers to how close the hotel is from the "office", I'd guess that the rate refers to Coca-Cola employees only.