Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Angry Sheraton Four Points Miami Beach - ISSUE

I rarely go to the front desk to check out anymore, however, this past weekend I spent both Friday night and Saturday night (revenue night at $225 followed by an award stay at 7K miles) and just checked my online Amex charges to find a total bill of $614! This tops off what was a not-so-pleasant experience at a hotel that desperately needs to get it together.

I decided to request a final copy of my folio to find that the first night @ $225 was posted correctly and my free award stay? Not so free... I was charged a rack rate of $305!!! Needless to say I contacted Corporate Customer Care but haven't heard anything yet. Any ideas as to what expect?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
A crappy hotel with even worse service. The wrecking ball is too good for this place.

It's one thing to have a hotel with broken elevators, rooms that need refurb, air conditioning that doesn't work, etc. It's another to have a hotel like that that charges over $200 most night AND cares more about thier roaches then the customers.

I spent a week there last year during a music festival which my company sponsors. Everyone else stayed at a different hotel. I spent over $1,500 at a Four Points!!! and have one of my worst stays ever.

This year, we have 14 staff attending. My assistant is in charge of hotels. 14 rooms X 6 nights = decent revenue for a non *wood hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:04 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I rarely go to the front desk to check out anymore, however, this past weekend I spent both Friday night and Saturday night (revenue night at $225 followed by an award stay at 7K miles) and just checked my online Amex charges to find a total bill of $614! This tops off what was a not-so-pleasant experience at a hotel that desperately needs to get it together.

I decided to request a final copy of my folio to find that the first night @ $225 was posted correctly and my free award stay? Not so free... I was charged a rack rate of $305!!! Needless to say I contacted Corporate Customer Care but haven't heard anything yet. Any ideas as to what expect?
Whether you go to the front desk or not, I assume you received a folio under the door. And if you had a paid night followed by a free night, you would have received two distinct folios. In many instances of a free stay after a paid stay (or vice versa), things get screwed up. Did you bother to review the folios? I don't mean to be harsh but it was your responsibility to review the folio before leaving the property.

Look at the bright side, after you get the money part straightened out (which should be easy as the points were taken out of your account and your email copy of your reservation should have said SPG Award), you will have 2 nights not just 1. SPG probably won't go back and take away your night.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by wma
Whether you go to the front desk or not, I assume you received a folio under the door. And if you had a paid night followed by a free night, you would have received two distinct folios. In many instances of a free stay after a paid stay (or vice versa), things get screwed up. Did you bother to review the folios? I don't mean to be harsh but it was your responsibility to review the folio before leaving the property.

Look at the bright side, after you get the money part straightened out (which should be easy as the points were taken out of your account and your email copy of your reservation should have said SPG Award), you will have 2 nights not just 1. SPG probably won't go back and take away your night.
Ah, that's the rub. There was no folio slipped under the door either night. And a copy of the folio that was faxed to me this morning shows one folio with one total. Weird I agree, but the billing error is clearly their issue not mine.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question Research!

Didn't you do your research on this property before booking?? There is a huge thread on this property!

I stayed there in November just to see if it was as bad as our fellow FTers had described. Guess what? It was worse!

I will never, ever, ever doubt what FTers say again! I learned my lessen the hard way!

Please forgive my lack of faith. Oh geez, I just realized, I never did a trip report of that stay.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:24 am

Still no response from the hotel as yet.
Does anyone know what sort of time frame should I expect for a reply? Much appreciated.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Still no response from the hotel as yet.
Does anyone know what sort of time frame should I expect for a reply? Much appreciated.
If it has been more than 7 business days since you received a file number from Corporate Customer Service, I would call them back and have the request folio re-opened.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:53 am

Thanks, William. I thought the property would move a bit quicker than they have. Especially being a frequent guest.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
I would have to agree with the others who give poor marks to this hotel. I spent one night there a couple of years ago. My room had several large dark stains on the carpet and was not very clean looking in general. At least the couple next door had fun, they kept me up with their crazy loud sex. Unfortunately my spanish isn't very good...I have no idea what they were screaming half the time!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:50 pm

Thumbs up

I received a phone call from the new GM of the property this morning (48 hours after contacting Corporate) and I have to say that I was more that impressed with his candidness when discussing their shortcomings and his pledge to improve the situation by the end of the year.

I received a full refund for the rack rate what was charged in error, a refund of the 7K SPG points that I was charged and as a goodwill gesture another 7K SPG points plus a small additional amount credited to my Amex. Well I am satisfied with the outcome, I will not be returning to the property anytime soon.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I have talked to the same GM. Make sure he keeps his promises, because he didn't after I talked to him...

I pre-paid my stay with a company creditcard, while these guys charged everything on the card I swiped for incidentals. No folio came under my door either, at the front desk I asked for a bill while I was waiting 30 minutes for valet to bring my car around. They gave me the bill for the incidentals, but they couldn't give me a receipt for charges made on an online, prepaid booking...

After my 4th call to accounting to have the room charged to the company card and get a refund done to my personal card, I blew up and told the lady on the phone to forget all about it and hung up. I just started writing my expense report to get my money back from my company instead when the GM called.

He promised to fix it and give me 2500 SPG points.

Nothing happened and this is almost a month ago... No points, no credit, nada..

This property is the worst SPG property I have experienced and I will not stay there ever again.

Other members point out: Valet taking up to an hour to get your car. I called before going in to the shower, after I came down, it almost took 30 minutes.

Half the elevators were not working

Roomservice was absolutely disgusting and uneatable

The night staff (on duty till 7am) don't speak English

And of course, the only SPG hotel who doesn't handle pre-payment transactions on SPG.com..
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
I have talked to the same GM. Make sure he keeps his promises, because he didn't after I talked to him...

I pre-paid my stay with a company creditcard, while these guys charged everything on the card I swiped for incidentals. No folio came under my door either, at the front desk I asked for a bill while I was waiting 30 minutes for valet to bring my car around. They gave me the bill for the incidentals, but they couldn't give me a receipt for charges made on an online, prepaid booking...

After my 4th call to accounting to have the room charged to the company card and get a refund done to my personal card, I blew up and told the lady on the phone to forget all about it and hung up. I just started writing my expense report to get my money back from my company instead when the GM called.

He promised to fix it and give me 2500 SPG points.

Nothing happened and this is almost a month ago... No points, no credit, nada..

This property is the worst SPG property I have experienced and I will not stay there ever again.

Other members point out: Valet taking up to an hour to get your car. I called before going in to the shower, after I came down, it almost took 30 minutes.

Half the elevators were not working

Roomservice was absolutely disgusting and uneatable

The night staff (on duty till 7am) don't speak English

And of course, the only SPG hotel who doesn't handle pre-payment transactions on SPG.com..
Yikes. If I'd known of your experience b4 my trip last week...damn it! He seemed sincere enough but I'll keep watchin for the credit and points. He also said that they don't have a rez "dept" inhouse even though I spoke to two seperate people - and I like to think that I know when I've been transferred to Central Res. The rack rate/award night mystery is still not solved but hey...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Yikes. If I'd known of your experience b4 my trip last week...damn it! He seemed sincere enough but I'll keep watchin for the credit and points. He also said that they don't have a rez "dept" inhouse even though I spoke to two seperate people - and I like to think that I know when I've been transferred to Central Res. The rack rate/award night mystery is still not solved but hey...
Well, keep an eye out...

Your problem was a lot more serious than the accounting problem I had. (I was just too lazy to fill out an expence report...).

Still, he didn't keep his promise.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has the downturn been recent? This hotel literally saved me from disaster after Hurricane Wilma - the Gold SPG desk bent over backwards to find me this property and get me a room there after Wilma devastated my town.

The hotel did an incredible job with the flood of "refugees" from Palm Beach and Broward - giving us a somewhat luxurious normal life while we waited for the return of basic necessities to our homes.

I will always be grateful to that hotel and its staff for their hard work during that difficult time. I hope the new manager keeps his promise to get this property back to tip-top shape.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Be happy the GM called you...he never bothered to return my messages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.