Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Dallas, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
what about the Ritz?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by envgeo
what about the Ritz?
I don’t recommend this RC. I found it be to quite dated and past its prime, though the restaurant is excellent. I stayed in Dec 2018.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Amex, ThankYou, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, SPG, SQ
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I don’t recommend this RC. I found it be to quite dated and past its prime, though the restaurant is excellent. I stayed in Dec 2018.
I don't understand. The Dallas Ritz Carlton was new construction built in 2007, was renovated in 2017, and in 2020 (of lesser importance in my book) named as the only Forbes 5-star hotel in Texas. You think it is past its prime? Is it that the property is past its prime or is it perhaps that you're just not a fan of it's styling?

To be fair I've not yet stayed at this property I'm just curious how a hotel built in 2007 and renovated in 2017 could be past its prime.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by AndrewOnTheRoad
I don't understand. The Dallas Ritz Carlton was new construction built in 2007, was renovated in 2017, and in 2020 (of lesser importance in my book) named as the only Forbes 5-star hotel in Texas. You think it is past its prime? Is it that the property is past its prime or is it perhaps that you're just not a fan of it's styling?

To be fair I've not yet stayed at this property I'm just curious how a hotel built in 2007 and renovated in 2017 could be past its prime.
I don’t think BH is on the forums any longer. That aside, he had a pattern of expressing unfounded concerns with properties if they didn’t cater to his every whim as an Ambassador Elite guest.

This RC is beautiful, would recommend if they are open.

If you’re looking for value and excellent elite recognition I recommend the Westin Dallas Park Central.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by AndrewOnTheRoad

I haven't stayed there in over a year, but I never noticed any significant wear and tear. So my guess is that you are right and that comment had more to do with decor and not maintenance, but bhrubin isn't around anymore to clarify.

This Ritz Dallas was built with very traditional Ritz styling and decorations and the hotel retained that styling in the 2017 renovations. So compared to some of the more modern Ritz properties and some recent renovations at other properties, I could see how the furniture, curtains, etc. could seem dated, even if they had been recently replaced. If money is no object this is still probably the "best" Marriott property, but I think it's terribly over-priced for what it is. But they've been charging really high rates for years now, so maybe I'm in the minority.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
The new Marriott at Fairmount and Wolf Sts. in Uptown (one block from the Stoneleigh) looks nearly complete from the outside.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:01 pm

I just stayed at the Stoneleigh. Titanium upgrade was to a corner large room

Points offered instead of breakfast.

No food operations at all. Just the lobby bar. I like the area. But so so as a Meridien which is normally one of my go to brands
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Does anyone have recent experience to corroborate or refute whether the Sheraton is still a total dump? At 20,000 points per night, this presents a rare opportunity to use Chase 25,000 point free night certificate. Thank you!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro
Does anyone have recent experience to corroborate or refute whether the Sheraton is still a total dump? At 20,000 points per night, this presents a rare opportunity to use Chase 25,000 point free night certificate. Thank you!
just staid here this weekend. I was upgraded to a suite in the North Tower and while it wasn’t the Ritz, the room was nice and serviceable. There’s a lounge in the central tower on the 2nd floor that was open and had a decent breakfast. Fairly average full service hotel. Not amazing, but not a bad or “dump” hotel.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:02 pm
formerly smoaky

Marriott Dallas Uptown

Anyone stay at the newer Marriott Uptown? Looks pretty nice and still convenient to various things by foot. How are they with upgrades? I’m platinum.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by nycflyer17
Anyone stay at the newer Marriott Uptown? Looks pretty nice and still convenient to various things by foot. How are they with upgrades? I’m platinum.
I did a night there in late January as a Titanium. Used an SNA and got upgraded to a corner room with a great view.

Really liked the hotel, good location, bar downstairs was great too. The lounge was pretty useless though. Just a few snacks and cans of soda.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by nycflyer17
As a local I've stayed twice this year on 1 night stays and had both a points reservation and a cash one upgraded to a suite with SNA as a Platinum....I agree with TXJeepGuy's assessment on the hotel
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Stayed at a new one for me last week for a convention, the Fairfield Inn and Suites Downtown Dallas

Pro: close to the convention center

Con: just about everything else.
  • $30 a night valet parking in an unsecured street level lot
  • Awkward room with a giant column in the middle of it, concrete floors, and tall ceilings that make the room look great but hard to heat/cool
  • Lighting that points straight at the bed
  • Rubber floored bathroom (odd)
Didn't expect much and it was about the only option left since I was a late booking. Definitely won't be on my list for a repeat visit though
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Need a one night stay near DFW.

Sheraton and Fairfield Inn North Irving are both coming up with reasonable prices.

From photos and reviews the Sheraton looks very dated and the Fairfield has been recently renovated.

Any experiences or either?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Saint Elm Dallas Downtown? Seems to be a relatively new hotel and I couldn’t find anything about it on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.