Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sphinx
This hotel has some of the most service-oriented and pleasant staff I have encountered. So, the good intentions are there! However, judging from the many glitches I have encountered during my recent stay, I feel that a lot more staff training is needed, particularly with front desk services and, to a certain extent, housekeeping. Once the second tower opens, however, I believe it will be a great place to stay since this will boast unobstructed views to the sea. Staff have also informed me that the rooms in the new tower will be more luxurious than the current one.
I could see that the new tower suites are bookable at the end of August, looks like is about to open if not already opened.

To me this is the best hotel in the Starwood program.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83

To me this is the best hotel in the Starwood program.
In Dubai or the entire world?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by schley
In Dubai or the entire world?
In the world to be honest, I'm basing this in terms of the service that I have recieved as a plat from this hotel by paying $250 per night.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:50 am

In the world to be honest, I'm basing this in terms of the service that I have recieved as a plat from this hotel by paying $250 per night.
Have you traveled much to Thailand or Asia? Honestly, though have you? For I feel you can have the service you note above for almost half the price there.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Have you traveled much to Thailand or Asia? Honestly, though have you? For I feel you can have the service you note above for almost half the price there.
i agree....
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:29 am

I have been to the W Maldives and other resorts and hotels but not part of the Starwood Program but never to Thailand (there are some issues between my country and theirs that I'm not allowed to enter) I'm Saudi BTW.

I'm basing this on my experiance after having one horrible stay at the Grosvenor House and how they made it up for me. I don't see many hotels do what they did by offering two free nights I could redeem whenever I wanted, plus the free breakfast buffet is one of the best I've seen in my lifetime, (Only seen a similar one at the Four Seasons Landaa Giravaruu and Shangri-La Maldives). The club lounge which is also free to plats is one of the best I've seen in the world and the afternoon tea is not to miss.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:54 pm

I have been to the W Maldives and other resorts and hotels but not part of the Starwood Program but never to Thailand (there are some issues between my country and theirs that I'm not allowed to enter) I'm Saudi BTW.

I'm basing this on my experiance after having one horrible stay at the Grosvenor House and how they made it up for me. I don't see many hotels do what they did by offering two free nights I could redeem whenever I wanted, plus the free breakfast buffet is one of the best I've seen in my lifetime, (Only seen a similar one at the Four Seasons Landaa Giravaruu and Shangri-La Maldives). The club lounge which is also free to plats is one of the best I've seen in the world and the afternoon tea is not to miss.
Ramadan Mubarak

Nothing wrong with a strong recommendation. In my only stay there I was also comped 20k points for a mishap with the television and similarly enjoyed their lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:52 pm

Ramadan Mubarak
Thank you that's very kind of you, although it's difficult to adjust to it here in SFO.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
One Q about the use of the Royal Meridien whilst staying in the Grovesnor..

Is it far (can one walk easily) and is the use of the beach with umbrella etc free or is there still a charge?

Many thanks, really looking forward to staying here.. Just a pity its not under the new SPG promo uffff....^
Old Sep 4, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, chairs and umbrellas are free and it is walkable! There is a shuttle bus every 15 min, but I also did the walk. It took me 5 min, and I did not have any problems of any sort.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
I'm looking forward to finally staying there myself next month and glad to hear that the RM is walkable. Disappointed about the hotel not being eligible for the promotion though!

I guess most of the noise issues are no longer a problem?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by skrosvik
Yeah, chairs and umbrellas are free and it is walkable! There is a shuttle bus every 15 min, but I also did the walk. It took me 5 min, and I did not have any problems of any sort.
Great!!!! Thanks a lot!!

Looking forward to staying here - looks a great hotel!!

Really is a pity on the promo.. Want to stay 4 or 5 nights... Never mind....
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Question kids?

dont see many posts about kids here? have stayed at Sheraton Jumeriah- thought it was just OK. this looks nicer, but will it be annoying to drag 2 small kids to the LM beach? i see its a 5 min walk, but is this more of a biz hotel???
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
dont see many posts about kids here? have stayed at Sheraton Jumeriah- thought it was just OK. this looks nicer, but will it be annoying to drag 2 small kids to the LM beach? i see its a 5 min walk, but is this more of a biz hotel???
Its a 10 minute walk - different league of hotel (and I've never stayed there...) But I've been to Jumeriah Beach
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
Why walk? You can always use the shuttle bus. And no it's nothing like a biz hotel, it's a luxury hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.