FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/643202-le-meridien-vienna-austria-master-thread.html)

UA-NYC Jun 30, 2013 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 21015166)
Have look at the Austrians Red|Cab service, should be around 30 EUR for a MB cab.

Thanks - for anyone using this in the future, the address is http://www.red-cab.at/Navigation/Index

I just booked a r/t for 58 EUR, seemed painless enough.

yycworldtraveler Jun 30, 2013 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 21015166)
Have look at the Austrians Red|Cab service, should be around 30 EUR for a MB cab.

+1

Very good service at a reasonable price.

Braindrain Jun 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Good tip.

ehud Jul 28, 2013 5:44 am

Any recent experience as for Platinum breakfast?
What is offered? quality...

thanks

UA-NYC Jul 28, 2013 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 21170378)

thanks

Continental at the Le Moet restaurant. You can get your coffee, pasty, juice, and then also select one of the items "behind the glass" (a serving of fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli, etc.). It's good and perfectly sufficient, but of course not gut-busting like a buffet would be.

I didn't push the envelope, but I think you can get more than just one of those latter items....just ask.

No idea if you can pay to upgrade to the buffet (separate restaurant in the hotel)

fred8ab Aug 7, 2013 4:29 am

Like to share some of my last experiences at this laocation.

I had a multy stay something like 8 weeks ago and used a Suite upgrade Voucher which worked fine for me. Was upgraded as a Plat to a normal Suite.

Negative Points:

- Suite was next to the elevators = noisy in the night
- Compl. Plat breakfast in the champagne bar where smoking is allowed
- Service at the bar very depending of the stuff. One evening almost impossible to catch a drink. Next day great service and a funny night.
- Strange pricing for Beer / 7,- € next to the Hotel in a nice Bar/Restaurant 4,- €
- Dinner in the restaurant really nothing special. Expected a much higher level. I ordered a 4 course dinner with accompanying wine. But only 3 diffenrent wine arrived and I payed 4
- very unflexible in terms of opening the restaurant/bar outside. Sun was shining 25 C and it was closed outside. All over advertisment for outside BBQ but it was cancelled due to whether?!?!

This week stay:

- Breakfast in the restaurant was really underearth level. Coffee machine was not working some error message at the machine. I asked the stuff to take care about that. But they where not able until I left 30 min later to fix it. Even though I was not asked for coffee or soemthing else. (BTW. same lady as with the Wine 8 weeks before). I would never pay 28,- € again for this kind of breakfast without service.

- no upgrade as Plat (booking same day makes it alsways difficult)
- very noisy AC must be shut down at night = very hot inside the room 5* ???

Positive:

the location and the hotel itself.

But I will not return next time. I'll try the Carlson next to the LM as the prices are more reasonable.

BlissWorld Aug 7, 2013 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 20737482)
"Please be informed that the breakfast for our Platinum guests is served in Le Moet bar/restaurant, not the main restaurant"

I thought segregation ended in the 60s :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by wobbly wings (Post 20835520)
Offering at the bar is coffee, and pastry. I was once offered a boiled egg(?). I do not remember cereals nor yogurt...

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 21170563)
Continental at the Le Moet restaurant. You can get your coffee, pasty, juice, and then also select one of the items "behind the glass" (a serving of fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli, etc.)....

Sounds exactly like this pathetic set up

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7285/8...5c778686_z.jpg

Originally Posted by fred8ab (Post 21229031)
Compl. Plat breakfast in the champagne bar where smoking is allowed

Smoking? :rolleyes:

One word:

PATHETIC

It continues to stun me that SPG is able to get away with this BS. Time to cancel my stay and move to Hilton VIE.

UA-NYC Aug 7, 2013 9:49 am

FYI, not a fair comparison to the pathetic W setup.

While of course wish they went above and beyond like many other Euro/Asian properties do with a full buffet, the quality was good for a Continental. I got the feeling that I could go back for more "behind the glass" options (yogurt, fruit, muesli, etc.) too if I really wanted, but I wasn't that hungry.

Pitero Oct 25, 2013 12:03 am

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 21170378)

I was told at check-in that for breakfast as platinum amenity I could choose between the restaurant buffet (opening 6:30am) and the Le Moet bar (opening 7am).

I went to Le Moet and, to be fair, the items to choose from behind the glass are pretty nice in my view (e.g. salmon roll, cream-chesse & dried tomato roll etc.). They are usually priced around 3,50 Euro per piece (but free for platinum breakfast). At the bar I ordered three items, a double espresso (good quality), and a juice, and all was brought to my table. I was informed that freshly squeezed orange juice is not included in the SPG breakfast (but normal juice is).

For me the atmosphere at the Moet is far nicer than at the restaurant, which I never really liked in the morning (as it was often crowded). However, that smoking is allowed at Le Moet can really be a problem I guess (I went there early and no one smoked).

UA-NYC Oct 25, 2013 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Pitero (Post 21665477)
I was told at check-in that for breakfast as platinum amenity I could choose between the restaurant buffet (opening 6:30am) and the Le Moet bar (opening 7am).

Offering a choice would be an enhancement versus when I was there in July - it was Le Moet only

zagy Oct 25, 2013 9:14 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 21666459)
Offering a choice would be an enhancement versus when I was there in July - it was Le Moet only

yep... Was there in July as well and got offered only Le Moet. The clerk was quite surprised when I said that I preferred 500 points instead of the breakfast for two.

If they offered the restaurant breakfast, I'd definetely take it.

fred8ab Jan 26, 2014 11:24 am

It was reported to me that they offer now the full brakfast in the restaurant for Plats.

Not sure if I'll give it a try due to the fact that my last stay at the Hilton was that nice and I saved 35% of the LM rate at the Hilton (incl. Lounge) that I'm not sure how I'll decide next time.

zagy Jan 27, 2014 7:14 am

I've stayed here about 6-7 times in the last year, so a couple of notes:

- Platinum breakfast has switched from continental (Le Moet) to full buffet (Shambala) a couple of months ago
- breakfast is good
- location is very central. Close to the other two Starwood hotels
- it's a pretty classic Le Meridien... modern rooms, ...
- good gym, pool and sauna
- they're stingy with upgrades. Have gotten a suite only once. Never beyond a junior suite (even last time they said "we have no suites..."... true for the Junior suites but higher suites were available on the website)
- all of the upgrades (to "executive" rooms) were rooms facing the inner "courtyard" (=other buildings & hotels rooms)

and the one thing that will make me stay somewhere else next time:
There's a REALLY annoying cracking sound that the furniture makes :( And it's even worse when you turn on the light...
I called the reception and they said "yes... we know... we apologize. It's the temperature, which causes the wood to make these sounds"... Perfect when you have to work in the room :(

Riddell Jan 27, 2014 7:23 am

was there twice last year and got twice upgraded to a suite and both times looking to the "ring"...
for me as being based in vienna the breakfast is no big deal, as there are lots of very good breakfast opportunities near by. Naschmarkt for example...

zagy Jan 27, 2014 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Riddell (Post 22230979)
was there twice last year and got twice upgraded to a suite and both times looking to the "ring"...
for me as being based in vienna the breakfast is no big deal, as there are lots of very good breakfast opportunities near by. Naschmarkt for example...

This reply is being written from a "executive" room with a lovely view of the "courtyard" :)

Maybe they liked you better :)