Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Mahwah, NJ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:51 am

Just booked a one night award stay for an upcoming Saturday night. 5yo son has a 9:30am ski lesson at Tuxedo Ridge, so we figured we'd stay the night and have an easier drive in the morning. 10k for standard room, 11.5k for club level. I figured the extra 1500 points were worth it for snacks/dessert and breakfast. And, the same 11.5k points got me a Club Deluxe - with a sitting room.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Thumbs down

I just want to warn other folks about asking the front desk to call you a cab as they will rip your face off... I was heading back to the city on Sunday morning after a wedding on the property and the cab driver charged me $15 for a 3 mile ride (<7 minutes) to the Ramsey Route 17 NJ Transit station. Contrast that with the $36 I paid for an Uber from Hoboken to the hotel (28 miles) on a Friday night...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Have a 2-night stay booked at this hotel. The corporate rate I'm using lists a "Complimentary Grab & Go Breakfast from Eat & Run room". Anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect breakfast-wise?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Twickenham
Have a 2-night stay booked at this hotel. The corporate rate I'm using lists a "Complimentary Grab & Go Breakfast from Eat & Run room". Anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect breakfast-wise?
Not sure what that would be other than maybe access to the lounge. Or maybe they have a room set up down off the lobby that has some muffins and coffee in it.

If the lounge is what you get....it's average at best.....like the overall hotel experience there IMHO.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Does someone know if the exec lounge is open on the weekend? Website shows a lounge, but doesn't indicate if it's open or closed. Any input appreciated. I'll update the exec lounge sticky once someone posts. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I spent a couple of days here recently. Rates were cheaper than in the Marriott in Wayne.

The staff was very nice at check-in and at the bar. My only concern was it took me until 4 PM to get a room even though I had reached out on the app early in the day.

There is only one "suite" but I was upgraded to a nice sized corner room, consistent with other posters. The hotel was well maintained and in good shape.

The hotel is pretty isolated without any restaurants/bars in walking distance. The shuttle took me out to dinner one night.

The lounge is pretty blah. It was only open two nights during the week. For breakfast, it was highly processed eggs and potatoes (no meat), along with oatmeal, and a small bowl of mixed fruit. Pretty subpar compared to the typical Marriott/Renn lounge. But, there were less than five people in the lounge so I'm not sure they pull too many plat or higher. The sign said closed on the weekend.

All in all, a typical business hotel with nice staff, a well-maintained property, and a subpar lounge offering. I'd probably stay there again if I had to be in Bergen County for work.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Exec lounge is gone.
Full continental breakfast for being Titanium.
Upgraded to a handicap corner suite.
Free parking.

Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The hotel is pretty isolated without any restaurants/bars in walking distance. The shuttle took me out to dinner one night.
The hotel was designed to be the anchor of an office complex that was never built, with towers around the central lake, I believe. I think the idea was that there would be restaurants and shops in the development. You can see the shape of the rest of the abandoned development better in an aerial view:

The town of Suffern is not far, less than a mile to the north, but it's behind the hotel, separated by a river, so there's no way to walk there. Mahwah itself is just a series of strip malls and motels along the highway to the south.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:51 am

Looks like the hotel is closing by December and will be demolished:

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2023/09/la...arehouses.html

Apparently, the hotel business only occupies a portion of the huge structure. The rest was office space, but with the post-COVID changes, the office space is only 30% occupied.

The plan is apparently to demolish the hotel and build two huge industrial warehouses, which will be more profitable for the owners.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by James Luckard
Looks like the hotel is closing by December and will be demolished:

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2023/09/la...arehouses.html

Apparently, the hotel business only occupies a portion of the huge structure. The rest was office space, but with the post-COVID changes, the office space is only 30% occupied.

The plan is apparently to demolish the hotel and build two huge industrial warehouses, which will be more profitable for the owners.
So sorry to hear this, my wife and I were married there in July 1998
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:24 am

I see no rooms available after December 15, looks like that may be the closing day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.