Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Maurya Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Maurya Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:32 am

stayed here last week

Used points for a 3 night stay. As a plat got upgraded to a chamber room which equates to a grand deluxe room. Was told that they don't upgrade plate to suites. However the deluxe room was around 500sq and comfortable.

The room came with butler service, free slow speed wifi, and breakfast.

There was lounge access to all of their 4-5 lounges throughout the hotel

Overall a great stay and a comfortable hotel. Quite luxurious and great service.

The saloon downstairs was great and prices were reasonable.
The food was overpriced for in room dining and in the restuarants.

Pool was pointless as it want heated and it's pretty cold in Delhi on winters

Overall a great stay and will come back
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chanpreet
Used points for a 3 night stay. As a plat got upgraded to a chamber room which equates to a grand deluxe room. Was told that they don't upgrade plate to suites. However the deluxe room was around 500sq and comfortable.
you have to fight for a suite upgrade here all the time....this is probably the only property in india that won't upgrade plats to suites....

Originally Posted by chanpreet
The room came with butler service, free slow speed wifi, and breakfast.
the slow wi-fi has been an issue for a while now....they refuse to comply with the spg t&c regarding free internet for plats....
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:39 am

stayed for 2 nights--no suite but did get free wifi as Plat.Was running late so could not contact Keyser. Jaipur Rajputana Palace did not give suites either--unlike the previous stays
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ac777
stayed for 2 nights--no suite but did get free wifi as Plat.Was running late so could not contact Keyser. Jaipur Rajputana Palace did not give suites either--unlike the previous stays
was the free wifi at the lower or highest speed????

i probably have the best suite upgrade ratio at the rajputana....close to 50 stays & only once did i not get a suite....
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: Free Agent
You guys are starting to make me question my stay here in February! I prefer the Le Meridien, but they don't have any award rooms available.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Condition One
You guys are starting to make me question my stay here in February! I prefer the Le Meridien, but they don't have any award rooms available.
stay at the sheraton....better location & better service....
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: Free Agent
How is the Sheraton better location wise? I thought it was closer to the airport. Award rooms at the Sheraton can't be booked online, so I'll have to wait until I get back to the States to call SPG.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
was the free wifi at the lower or highest speed????

i probably have the best suite upgrade ratio at the rajputana....close to 50 stays & only once did i not get a suite....
There were 4 levels of Internet at the Rajp. Palace--we goth the second one at 600/24hrs. Previously I had got suites at the R. Palace.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Condition One
How is the Sheraton better location wise? I thought it was closer to the airport. Award rooms at the Sheraton can't be booked online, so I'll have to wait until I get back to the States to call SPG.
there is nothing around the maurya unless you need to visit all the different embassies in delhi....the sheraton is nowhere near the airport....its in an area called saket with lots of malls & restaurant within walking distance....
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ac777
There were 4 levels of Internet at the Rajp. Palace--we goth the second one at 600/24hrs.
this is what they have been doing ever since the plat internet benefit came into effect....they are supposed to offer the highest speed as per the spg t&c....
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
Just completed a four night stay here. Arranged a car through the hotel to pick me up at the airport. The driver was there waiting even though my flight was about 45 minutes early. Made it to the hotel in about 20 minutes and walked into the lobby and went to the main desk. Was taken to a reception desk in a tower of the building to check in as I am Platinum. The lady was friendly, etc.

The room was adequate. I found it to be a bit musty, but it's India. The hallways to me are scented in a way that isn't appetizing to a Westerner---as if they're trying to cover up a foul smell with incense or something.

Free breakfast was included in my rate at Pavillion. Ate there, not bad for a free buffet. Didn't eat at Bukhara (spelling?) which is allegedly one of the best restaurants in all of India. Used the spa, decent massage but service was a bit too attentive. I used the steam room afterward and an attendant must have opened the door 9x in 10 minutes to ask me how I was doing. The attendant also loomed around as I changed into a robe for a massage. I'll attribute it to cultural differences.

Overall, stay was uneventful. Room service was gross and really bad (I'd avoid eating it unless necessary). Liken it to hospital cafeteria food that's a day old.

I paid for four nights even though my flight left Delhi at 1:50 a.m. on the 4th day, so I was out of there around 10 p.m. on day 3. They have several WIFI options and I chose the most expensive (and fastest). The charge was on my folio. After complaining, they removed 50% of the cost. I still fought, and a manager came over and removed the charges. The reception agent said "free internet is the slower rate." We all on here know that isn't true, so I feel like they are misleading people by trying to act like they're cutting you a deal for 50% off. The manager knew better and didn't contest me.

Would I stay here again? I'd probably try Le Meridien. Not bad, but not amazing. Staff generally friendly and attentive although too attentive at times. Not sure if I was even upgraded, but oh well.

As a side note: You cannot enter the Delhi airport without an itinerary. This caused me quite a hassle as it's 2011 and most of us have e-tickets. Even if you have the itinerary on your smart phone, etc. the guards won't let you in. You can go to a side door, and there's a desk where a man can print out your itinerary for 80 rupees. Thank god I had a bit of change left, or else I would have been totally screwed as I couldn't even access the ATM without an itinerary. I am a Diamond on Delta and Delta/KLM never notified me of this (and there were a lot of other passengers in my same boat for other airlines). Just a head's up. Also, interestingly, there is an ITC Hotels lounge at Terminal 3. I was at the Premier Lounge next door and asked the attendant at ITC's lounge how to get in. If you are a Platinum guest you should be given a pass at the hotel upon check out. Haven't read that anywhere on here--so maybe someone has a clue?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
ITC Maurya New Delhi

Stay Period - 2010.12.10 ~ 2010.12.13
Room - Luxury Room

- Very good room condition
- High-quality meals
- Platinum Benefit is a breakfast and Happy Hour ^
- Culinary Plus Card (ITC F&B card) is available ^

Culinary Plus Card
8.800 Indian rupee. Valid for 1 year. Need 2 photos

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you will need a very fast internet speeds

ITC Maurya New Delhi - Luxury Room

Last edited by StationaryTraveller; Feb 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:58 am

What Suite Upgrades Are Possible?

I'm considering staying here at the beginning of August, and would appreciate any advice regarding suite upgrades.

Using my SPG Suite Award, I can currently book a "Deluxe Suite" (485 sq ft). Is it worth using my award night for this suite or should I just try my luck at check-in? Is there any possibility of getting upgraded to an even larger suite, say by confirm this current suite with a my suite night and asking for another upgrade at check-in?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Last edited by pongben; Jul 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pongben
I'm considering staying here at the beginning of August, and would appreciate any advice regarding suite upgrades.

Using my SPG Suite Award, I can currently book at "Deluxe Suite" (485 sq ft). Is it worth using my award night for this suite or should I just try my luck at check-in? Is there any possibility of getting upgraded to an even larger suite, say by confirm this current suite with a my suite night and asking for another upgrade at check-in?

Thanks for any advice you can give!
this property is hit & miss as far as upgrades are concerned....i would advise using the suite certificate....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Keyser
this property is hit & miss as far as upgrades are concerned....i would advise using the suite certificate....
Also dont forget the extra taxes that come from the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.