Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Ahmedabad, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien, Ahmedabad, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm at the LM now. It's the same as before, but less crowded of course. Decent enough food at the restaurant and room service. The service is fine even if you have to deal with the nonsense x-ray and metal detector. I haven't seen any other hotel in Ahmedabad with this level of security theatre.

You really gotta love the Starpoints to stay here though. This area has never recovered from the riots. The rest of the town is growing like crazy but this side of the river is dying.
hey stimpy....i'm heading to ahmedabad for a one night stay later this week....can you please confirm if plats get free airport transfer....this is one of the 2-3 starwood properties in india that i have not stayed in yet....
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by saad
hey stimpy....i'm heading to ahmedabad for a one night stay later this week....can you please confirm if plats get free airport transfer....this is one of the 2-3 starwood properties in india that i have not stayed in yet....
Sorry, I can't recall. I think I might have been picked up and dropped off by colleagues this time. I would call the hotel and ask. They are quite friendly and I am sure hungry for business.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, I can't recall. I think I might have been picked up and dropped off by colleagues this time. I would call the hotel and ask. They are quite friendly and I am sure hungry for business.
the hotel has been full this entire week due to some conference....i only managed to get a room thanks to the 72 hour platinum benefit....i did call & ask for the airport transfer....they charge inr 700 each way....
Old Nov 1, 2009, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just checked out of the hotel today....the property is definitely in need of some major refurbishment....the room itself was very nice....i was upgraded to an executive room....it was a huge room....would have passed off as a junior suite in most hotels....breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was complimentary & was very nice....this is a pretty small hotel in size....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this property is no longer with starwood....tried to make a booking today & it was not showing up on the spg website....i believe it is now known as the ahl ahmedabad....

while i was never a fan of this property, i have had many stays here over the last few years & it was nice to have a spg option in the city....now waiting for the aloft to open here....its already been delayed by a year & is now due to open on the 1st of march....looks like there will be another delay as they still aren't taking reservations....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Shame. I rather liked it and it was pretty much the nicest hotel on that side of the river.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Starwood announced a newly built LM will open here in 2018. https://starwood.q4web.com/investor-...d/default.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.